• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Hawks Summer League

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

You could put Lebron Pippen on that SL team and they still gonna smell like 3-day old warm custard out there.

But the point of SL is not to win games.  By my count, we have two relevant names on our roster.  If the goal was to feed Griffin, the rest of the roster stinking might be kind of irrelevant as long as he is getting the reps we want to see.  Of course, no chance of that when you can’t play.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

But the point of SL is not to win games.  By my count, we have two relevant names on our roster.  If the goal was to feed Griffin, the rest of the roster stinking might be kind of irrelevant as long as he is getting the reps we want to see.  Of course, no chance of that when you can’t play.

That's kinda what I was getting at.  They don't seem to be even able to 'work on certain things' as a unit.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, kg01 said:

Kindly remind us @sturt, at what point did GRIII ever "blow up"? 

You doubt the man who reminded you of Kevin Pangos' one fabulous week in a Hawks SL uni???.... hehe... now c'mon....

2022-07-12_07-39-33.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I don't know about that. The roster on paper looks good. It just hasn't come into fruition.

Listening to Brendan Haywood for 2 hours… ugh 😑 This summer league team isn’t fun to watch..

At least Haywood makes himself laugh. I never liked the dude when he was in the league.. wiz.. Mavs.. came off as a cheap shot artist like that Ryan Hollins clown that injured Acie Law about 15 years ago.

On 7/10/2022 at 7:51 AM, sturt said:

Wonder what a ticket goes for in Vegas... kinda seems fun to be able to see all these guys up close under one roof (or two actually).

Squawk to Cox pav next year.. thoughts? 

image.gif.f40e4b89e013308ba3a8f57fe6c1bcba.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Listening to Brendan Haywood for 2 hours… ugh 😑 This summer league team isn’t fun to watch..

At least Haywood makes himself laugh. I never liked the dude when he was in the league.. wiz.. Mavs.. came off as a cheap shot artist like that Ryan Hollins clown that injured Acie Law about 15 years ago.

Watch on mute. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, txsting said:

Look at these guys in white tee shirts and compare to the guys dripping in LV and ice.  Keep us far away from Ben Simmons.

You didn't see Trae's pics I guess.

Don't judge books and covers and all that.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Did you just rebuke a foolish homer comment? well done KG

It wasn't a "foolish" comment.  That's unfair to say.  Stop being mean, grumpy cat. 

I can understand the poster being miffed by Simmons' and others' wardrobe choices.

Just wanted to point out we're not immune to it.  It's a 'thing' young people are into now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

It wasn't a "foolish" comment.  That's unfair to say.  Stop being mean, grumpy cat. 

I can understand the poster being miffed by Simmons' and others' wardrobe choices.

Just wanted to point out we're not immune to it.  It's a 'thing' young people are into now.

To imply that someone's character is tied to their choice of clothing is a foolish comment. And you know it. Just take the compliment my man. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

To imply that someone's character is tied to their choice of clothing is a foolish comment. And you know it. Just take the compliment my man. 

Yeah, I know.

It just feels weird getting a compliment from the grumpy cat, so I had a knee-jerk reaction I guess.  Heavy emphasis on the 'jerk' when it comes to the grumpster, amirite? 

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, I know.

It just feels weird getting a compliment from the grumpy cat, so I had a knee-jerk reaction I guess.  Heavy emphasis on the 'jerk' when it comes to the grumpster, amirite? 

Is this supposed to be good-natured ribbing?