• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Hawks Summer League

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I sat down and watched the Atlanta vs. Pels game.  We got our asses handed to us.  Damn... they dominated.   It wasn't like they were shooting all that good, they were coming inside and dunking at will.  Alley Opps and things.   I had hoped that Grant Golden could be impressive.  The few times he got in, he wasn't that.   Gave up rebounds.  He hit a good shot or too but I'm led to believe that our big big may just be Frank the Tank or some other Vet.   I thought Cooper would be the man out there.  Nope.   The only bright spot was Martin... and that's a little bit because he has good handles and can get where he wants to go with the ball but he will NOT PASS... CMon Man!!  PASS THE FREEKING BALL!!!

It's SL.  You can't take a whole lot from it but it scares me to think that we will suffer with rebounds.

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, txsting said:

It's a concern because he's got injury issues going back to high school.  Hope it's just bad luck at this point.

If a rookie missed a week or two in their first season, that wouldn’t be particularly worrying.   Happens all the time.  So SL doesn’t bother me.  That said, health is a reason he dropped and a concern.  That will play out over time to see how much of a true concern it is. 

It gets magnified since we are all starved for Hawks news and were all very interested to see how he would show this summer.  (Just as we were psyched to watch JJ.)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Put some emoji tats on that dudes arms and you got Mike Scott 2.0.  I can't be the only one that sees it.

No!!!  I literally thought the same thing.  “Why is Mike Scott part of a summer league promo?”

Come to think of it, have we had a second round pick become a rotation guy since Mike Scott?  It’s a sign!  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Put some emoji tats on that dudes arms and you got Mike Scott 2.0.  I can't be the only one that sees it.

Yesssss!!! Minnie Molly! How did I miss that!!!

You see everything don’t you? :king:

• Like 1