• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Hawks Summer League

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ironically (just learnt it) Chillz was the one guy in that draft that I didn’t want in round 1, I had seen him at Stanford, that’s a late first round pick 25-30. Not 6.

Uh oh.. here come @Wretch with the medium O ceiling stuff.. :rofl:

No one said he was a great pick at 6. He wasn't. He was underrated as a Hawk. He made the team better.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No one said he was a great pick at 6. He wasn't. He was underrated as a Hawk. He made the team better.

I disagree with this. So you’re saying if we would have picked someone else at 6, they wouldn’t have had a similar impact at the very least on the team and it’s success? 

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Seriously I bet these same dudes that're rippin Cooper are the same dudes wantin Nate fired for not playing him.  You can't make this stuff up.

It's worse..You see a lot of its just Summer league comment meaning some actually think Cooper would do better against real NBA players if Nate would just play him.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Picking him at #6 was a HUGE reach, but Chillz was an excellent glue guy. He was a big part of that '07 team that took a stacked Celtics team to 7 games. He wasn't afraid to mix it up inside and get rebounds and he was good at getting to the rim. I was at "Philips" arena for game 6(?) when he had a key tip in amongst the Celts formidable front court to put the Hawks ahead. Things ended badly in ATL, but I still have a soft spot for Chillz since he was there at the start of the Hawks' Playoff run. I feel like guys like him, Joe, and Smoove are underrated as Hawks and get ragged on way too much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, hawkman said:

Picking him at #6 was a HUGE reach, but Chillz was an excellent glue guy. He was a big part of that '07 team that took a stacked Celtics team to 7 games. He wasn't afraid to mix it up inside and get rebounds and he was good at getting to the rim. I was at "Philips" arena for game 6(?) when he had a key tip in amongst the Celts formidable front court to put the Hawks ahead. Things ended badly in ATL, but I still have a soft spot for Chillz since he was there at the start of the Hawks' Playoff run. I feel like guys like him, Joe, and Smoove are underrated as Hawks and get ragged on way too much.

I agree with a lot of this although I think his numbers were significantly inflated by the playing time he got in Atlanta.  The fact that several guys going after him (like Iggy) had MUCH better careers has contributed heavily to how he is viewed today.

The other thing that is huge for how he is viewed today is how his career fell apart after he left the Hawks.  He did not blow anyone away against Greek competition (they regretted signing him for the price they did) and when he returned to the NBA he was garbage and washed out very quickly.  I mean look at how bad this is.  It is kind of shockingly bad for a guy who should have been a solid role player for a decade in the league:

image.png

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, AHF said:

I agree with a lot of this although I think his numbers were significantly inflated by the playing time he got in Atlanta.  The fact that several guys going after him (like Iggy) had MUCH better careers has contributed heavily to how he is viewed today.

The other thing that is huge for how he is viewed today is how his career fell apart after he left the Hawks.  He did not blow anyone away against Greek competition (they regretted signing him for the price they did) and when he returned to the NBA he was garbage and washed out very quickly.  I mean look at how bad this is.  It is kind of shockingly bad for a guy who should have been a solid role player for a decade in the league:

image.png

I can agree with that. I think he hurt his career leaving Atlanta when he did and the way he did. He was in the right situation here in that he was the Hawks' lottery pick and he fit well in his role as a 6th man and emergency starter. He found out the hard way that team/personnel "fit" is very important. His scrappy game, even with no jumper, "worked" with the Hawks but it didn't really work anywhere else. I also question his work ethic/desire after he went to Greece. It seemed like he wasn't the same scrappy player after getting his big payday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

image.png

I can go with this (a little). As you could probably guess by my multiple posts on him, I never, Ever, EVER liked the selection of Childress and literally screamed on this board for BK to take Al Jefferson, Luol Deng, or Andre Iguodala instead. As much as I hate rebuilds (for good reason looking at how BK tried to do it), if you're going to go young, for the love of GOD, get guys who have the pro skillset to actually play. IMHO, Childress had a good motor (until he got paid in Greece) but he wasn't the guy opposing teams thought about having to account for on the court. Not even a little bit.

In other words, Osh (no J) Childress had ample playing time while here and although he was a 'glue guy' on the roster, you just don't select wing players with bad shot mechanics with the sixth pick overall. That's what 2nd-3rd tier free agents, career journeymen, and fringe players fighting for final roster spots are for.

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 3

This is not a good look at all. Plenty of athletes in ALL sports go and perform with some discomfort and are rarely 100% all the time they perform. So for the Hawks to force him out of all these games becuz of that is a bad sign in my eyes.  

THIS!!!

2 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

THIS!!!

That part about Dre hits home.

Every time we have one of these mystery injuries it ends up lingering on much longer than anyone anticipated and ends with a “non surgical “ procedure that keeps them out even longer.

The kid will play at some point and then get held out again just for us to find out next summer he needed surgery after all.

I wish they would stop being so precautious and just be aggressive with treatment to start the rehab clock instead of kicking this down the road.

Coincidence that we went ahead and gave Martin a guaranteed contract who happens to play the same position?

• Like 2

There is no way I would call out of work or out of a game/match whatever you wanna call it becuz of "Foot discomfort"!!!

I'd make em say I have a sprained ankle or a fractured bone in my foot. No way would I put "Foot discomfort" on an injury report

RED FLAGS🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩

Edited by Bonkers

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

C. Brown is a good player.  I haven't talked about him enough

I agree. I feel bad because I only want to root for the drafted guys, but he has played well at every opportunity for us.

• Like 2