• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Hawks Summer League

JayBirdHawk

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

His team was awful, he helped them as much as he could. 

That may be true, you’d know much better than I would.  Just saying 3 other guards (Council IV, Porter, and Dennis) had better ratings than he did against the team in his junior season.

Sorry I’m just a ratings junkie now lol.  I been studying the Hawks’ history.  Delon, Stinger, Kyle, Chillz, and Mike Dunleavy the guards with seasons over +10.  Mookie had a nice run of +6-8.  

Stinger apparently was a killer in the early 80’s.  +13 or 14 from 81-83.

Doc +7 in 86 and 88.

Mo Cheeks and Spud with +6 late in their careers.

Draft Killer Bobby Sura with the +8.

Steve Smith maxing out at +5 in 98.  Just wasn’t a defensive complement to Mookie and Deke.

I didn’t follow Chillz best years here but based on his stat line I would’ve been a big fan.  I do remember he was a baseline savant.  Had ridiculous seasons of +19, +16, and +15 when the Hawks were a dumpster fire who couldn’t scout PGs if their life depended on it. You’d think guys who could split time between SG and SF with a .542 eFG and pull 2 offensive boards could find his way onto a true contender but dude jetted for overseas.

At 6’8” 210 he probably would be a PF/ C exclusively today lol.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Good Lord...Not another sacred cow

What? A sacred cow lol. I’m just saying there are better things to get worked up about than a second round draft pick in summer league playing poorly. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

What? A sacred cow lol. I’m just saying there are better things to get worked up about than a second round draft pick in summer league playing poorly. 

Worked up? Just evaluating his performances just like other fans and coaches are doing as we speak. Plus what else is there to talk about other than summer league performances on a summer league thread?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Worked up? Just evaluating his performances just like other fans and coaches are doing as we speak. Plus what else is there to talk about other than summer league performances on a summer league thread?

I mean to each their own, but the words used and the CAPS seemed a little over the top to me. That is it, I'm not here to derail a thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

9 hours ago, benhillboy said:

That may be true, you’d know much better than I would.  Just saying 3 other guards (Council IV, Porter, and Dennis) had better ratings than he did against the team in his junior season.

Sorry I’m just a ratings junkie now lol.  I been studying the Hawks’ history.  Delon, Stinger, Kyle, Chillz, and Mike Dunleavy the guards with seasons over +10.  Mookie had a nice run of +6-8.  

Doc +7 in 86 and 88.

Steve Smith maxing out at +5 in 98.  Just wasn’t a defensive complement to Mookie and Deke.

I didn’t follow Chillz best years here but based on his stat line I would’ve been a big fan.  I do remember he was a baseline savant.  Had ridiculous seasons of +19, +16, and +15 when the Hawks were a dumpster fire who couldn’t scout PGs if their life depended on it. You’d think guys who could split time between SG and SF with a .542 eFG and pull 2 offensive boards could find his way onto a true contender but dude jetted for overseas.

I know your MO, that's why I've always took a major liking to you. You always make it clear who you are and what you are about.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Doc +7 in 86 and 88.

Chillz was an elite off the ball player. He just couldn't shoot worth a flip but he did a lot of little things like Delon. He was underrated as a Hawk. He would have been more appreciated in the analytical era but that jumpshot would have to improve. 

33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Chillz was an elite off the ball player.

Chillz wasn’t elite at ANYTHING. Let’s not let time distort our memories here. Chillz pick held us back many years. That guy blew chunks.

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He was underrated as a Hawk.

:er: Wow. Really? Underrated?

• Thanks 2

This is a tad long but it's a goodie. It's on Coop, a breakdown of drafting a PG in the 2nd round since 2009. Why Coop's play is not shocking. Tyson Etienne: 

https://voca.ro/1kzaBZX0ZuJa

17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Chillz wasn’t elite at ANYTHING. Let’s not let time distort our memories here. Chillz pick held us back many years. That guy blew chunks.

He was elite off the ball. That was his game for the most part offensively. 

40 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You don't draft a guy at 6 to be what he became.  Basically the same issue with Marvin.

Sure they became sorta solid players but we needed more than that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

You don't draft a guy at 6 to be what he became.  Basically the same issue with Marvin.

Sure they became sorta solid players but we needed more than that.

Ironically (just learnt it) Chillz was the one guy in that draft that I didn’t want in round 1, I had seen him at Stanford, that’s a late first round pick 25-30. Not 6.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You don't draft a guy at 6 to be

Uh oh.. here come @Wretch with the medium O ceiling stuff.. :rofl:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I mean everyone was begging for Coop and JJ to get NBA minutes last year.  Folks could have saved themselves the surprise of watching Coop in summer league by just watching the 40 games he played in CP last year. 

So this isn’t an a reason to fire the coach or presume he will never play rookies?

• Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wa-wa-wa-wait .... so you're telling me the coaches that see these dudes everyday.... know more about who to play than us jack-butts on a message board?

Myeah, I don't buy it.

Seriously I bet these same dudes that're rippin Cooper are the same dudes wantin Nate fired for not playing him.  You can't make this stuff up.

Twitter especially was overrun with it last year.  Folks actually saying 'When are we going to get to see these guys play'???   Like maybe if you tune into or go to a skyhawks game your questions could be answered. 

• Haha 3