• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Hawks Summer League

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

So do we still suck or….

Im boxscore watching until I get home. Glad y’all are turning around on Martin. I wish he had a few assists though, he struck me as having some playmaking to his game. I can comment more once I watch.

We were actually making shots this game early.

5 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

This dude Cooper is DONE

Sorry but he needs to be cut

And then he turns it over again at the end there.. Good grief Coop.... lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hawkman said:

Cooper plays a little too "cool" to me. It looks like he's trying to coast and I'm not sure he's good enough to do that yet.

He got that 2-way offer.. lol

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Cam used to do that too. Focused more on looking good than playing good. He succeeded too. Had some of the prettiest bricks and turnovers I ever saw.

LP said that about Cam.

19 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

And unlike Huerter....Tyrese actually drives and tries to get to the rim

Sorry but I was glad we got rid of Huerter *shrug* He was abig part of the Hawks' problems

Facts. He was not deadly enough to settle for 3’s the way he did. He had the height and length to score over his defender in the paint but rarely got to the rim.

It’s like players forget the part of the analytics that say shots at the rim are just as valuable as a 3 pointer.

I love a guard that gets downhill and doesn’t mind contact. Defenders actually have to defend against that.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Facts. He was not deadly enough to settle for 3’s the way he did. He had the height and lengths to score over his defender in the paint but rarely got to the rim.

It’s like people forgot the part of the analytic that said shots at the rim were  as valuable as a 3 pointer.

I love a guard that gets downhill and doesn’t mind contact. Defenders actually have to defend against that.

Yeah he never ever got to the FT line because of it..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Facts. He was not deadly enough to settle for 3’s the way he did. He had the height and length to score over his defender in the paint but rarely got to the rim.

It’s like players forget the part of the analytics that say shots at the rim were  as valuable as a 3 pointer.

Yep

Anybody who's mad at the Hawks for giving Huerter the boot don't know basketball. Looking at his Free Throw attempt numbers is absolutely embarrassing.

Also he was soft and played terrible defense on top of not getting to the rim. Good job Hawks that was addition by subtraction.

Edited by Bonkers

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

This was a much better game all around. The first two were flat out unwatchable.

Yup just finishing watching.

Martin said:

HE TOO LITTLE! 🤣 Reminded me if Teague going at non Zeke Isaiah few years back. :laugh1:

Martin looks solid..

Chris Berman would say..

MYYYYY FAVORITE MAAATIN! 😃 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Carmine said:

A.J gonna be out the whole S.L? Early returns not looking good thus far with this pick.

I'll be concerned if he starts missing training camp or summer workouts.  Until then, they are just being cautious with him. 

• Like 4