Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Let's make this Hawks related. 

TODAY  10/17  IF GS said....

Draymond for JC... 

Would you do it? 

I wouldn't.    His strengths offensively don't really fit with our lineup.    Defensively he'd be great though but I'd much rather cheer for JC.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 10/15/2022 at 2:47 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Update:

Wow.  This feels like a massive overpay.  Poole is a good player but doesn't do much other than score and his life is made so much easier in that regard given the attention that Curry and others draw on the team.  Feels like a contract they end up regretting but at least he is a better fit for them at that price than for other teams, imo.  If some team tried to make him their primary scorer I think they would be in for a very rude awakening.  He should continue to excel as the 3rd/4th option type of guy (co-manning that role with Wiggins) who can score and who keeps the offense flowing as a tertiary playmaker.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I wouldn't.    His strengths offensively don't really fit with our lineup.    Defensively he'd be great though but I'd much rather cheer for JC.

I think JC should probably have one of his best seasons this year.   To me, DJM will make life better for JC.   To your point, if we traded him for Green.  Green will definitely be another pass and defensive guy.   In fact, I think our defense would be magnitudes better.   He's not a guy that will go up for a PNR or a PNF.. or a three point shooter.  but as DJM and Hunter and Clint made cuts to the basket, he would find them.   He would pretty much double down on what we have DJM for...just at the PF spot. 

If we thought JJ was ready to be moved up and wanted to save some cash, this is a championship move for a guy that we don't have to reup.  I think that would be the only advantage (and defense of course) that we get from making such a trade. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

In 2 years JJ is up for an extension. 

I guess I'm not following.

Draymond = 2years. 

JC = 4 years. 

Draymonds contract comes down just in time for the Hunter and DJM contracts to go online.   JC's dont.  If the Hawks want to stay in this LT free zone, then they get Draymond and not reup him.  Maybe trade him for picks.  I know that they can do the same for JC.. .but defensively Draymond's value may be more valuable.  And Hence, they save some money. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Pass on Draymond. Don't need him punching Trae in the face during practice. 

IF Draymond punched Trae in the face during practice, he wouldn't have to wait for the Team to say anything.  Draymond would be taken away in a van.  Headed to East Point or Ben Hill. 

Kidnapping GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Draymond = 2years. 

JC = 4 years. 

Draymonds contract comes down just in time for the Hunter and DJM contracts to go online.   JC's dont.  If the Hawks want to stay in this LT free zone, then they get Draymond and not reup him.  Maybe trade him for picks.  I know that they can do the same for JC.. .but defensively Draymond's value may be more valuable.  And Hence, they save some money. 

After another look Draymond actually has a player option in the last year essentially making him a 1 year rental.

The expected salary cap jump in 2 years should alleviate some of our Luxury Tax concerns, Clint would also be in the last year of his deal.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

After another look Draymond actually has a player option in the last year essentially making him a 1 year rental.

The expected salary cap jump in 2 years should alleviate some of our Luxury Tax concerns, Clint would also be in the last year of his deal.

I thought Clint signed an extension this summer?

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Draymond = 2years. 

JC = 4 years. 

So we trade JC for Draymond and then after this year we have neither of them?   I'm not down for that at all.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Caveat is IF we think JJ is ready to step up. 

We can't do that on the hope.   No way will JJ even be at JC's level for a couple years if he gets there at all.   I'm not trying to be a downer on JJ but we don't know that he can even be an effective backup at this point. 

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

We can't do that on the hope.   No way will JJ even be at JC's level for a couple years if he gets there at all.   I'm not trying to be a downer on JJ but we don't know that he can even be an effective backup at this point. 

That's a valid view.  Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be up for a Draymond for JC trade because I like what JC brings to the table and how he represents.   I like Trae but I consider JC the Captain.   And this might be JC's year.  Let's not Dominique him.  BUT.. If they moved for Draymond, I can see some pros and cons of it. 

• Premium Member

Am I the only one sitting here on roster commitment day, wondering what's going on in the PHX front office? Didn't you think like I thought that Jae Crowder would be a member of some other team by now? Cause I thought he would. Clock is ticking.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Am I the only one sitting here on roster commitment day, wondering what's going on in the PHX front office? Didn't you think like I thought that Jae Crowder would be a member of some other team by now? Cause I thought he would. Clock is ticking.

They can trade him at anytime before the trade deadline though right?   He's just taking up a roster spot.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

They can trade him at anytime before the trade deadline though right?   He's just taking up a roster spot.

Right.

But if you're not going to send him out right now, it's seems likely your options are especially constrained for the next two months or so.