• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
On 10/30/2022 at 8:04 PM, kg01 said:

Know what else is weird, on a totally unrelated note?  The start of the Miami Tepid.  Lowery declinin' faster than teams when offered Duncan Robinson and/or Herro via trade the past few seasons.

Lowry was washed last season so it's not surprising to see him scoring 12 ppg on 35% shooting.  Remember the post season games when he was just flopping around like a fish and leaning on Dre as he ran down court?  He's one of my least favorite dirty players in the league, but I'm happy the Heat are tied up paying him $30M a year.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

In a therapy Session?????

...and 9 times.

Seems his junk was falling out his workout shorts, his lawyer said he wasn't aware it was out.

image.jpeg

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems his junk was falling out his workout shorts, his lawyer said he wasn't aware it was out.

To be fair... that could happen.

Nine times seems extreme. But I do speak from some unfortunate experience many, many years ago... just once, at least to my knowledge.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If you say so as I have no experience with that 😄

Full lawyer response:

l8qclqefgrx91.jpg

Thoughts.

If you have a casual relationship with someone, you might say something... but even then, it's a little awkward... like, would I tell a woman sitting across from me that she's somehow exposing herself up top or down below? Probably only if that woman was my wife.

If you only have a professional relationship with someone, it's reasonable and almost certainly smarter to inform the team and ask them to remedy that situation.

In this case, if she can prove she informed the team, and the team cannot prove they informed Primo that there was a concern, think SAS has a problem.

And if the team can prove he was informed, then the onus rests on him.

I bet she can prove she informed the team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, sturt said:

Thoughts.

If you have a casual relationship with someone, you might say something... but even then, it's a little awkward... like, would I tell a woman sitting across from me that she's somehow exposing herself up top or down below? Probably only if that woman was my wife.

If you only have a professional relationship with someone, it's reasonable and almost certainly smarter to inform the team and ask them to remedy that situation.

In this case, if she can prove she informed the team, and the team cannot prove they informed Primo that there was a concern, think SAS has a problem.

And if the team can prove he was informed, then the onus rests on him.

I bet she can prove she informed the team.

Her attorney indicated that the GM Brian Wright was informed but it also seems he did not further relay it up the chain to any higher ups (RC Buford or Pop or Owner)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

the GM Brian Wright was informed

If documented, that would seem to meet the standard.

If verbal, maybe maybe not.

Then, same with the GM to the player.

I'm guessing we wouldn't have gotten to this point if both the psychologist and the GM put everything into written documentation, though. And if we have, then one is made to wonder about the mental health of Primo (... yes, the irony is thick here).

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, sturt said:

If documented, that would seem to meet the standard.

If verbal, maybe maybe not.

Then, same with the GM to the player.

I'm guessing we wouldn't have gotten to this point if both the psychologist and the GM put everything into written documentation, though. And if we have, then one is made to wonder about the mental health of Primo (... yes, the irony is thick here).

In terms of what she reported it also is going to depend on what was communicated in that exchange.  Did she present it as an ongoing issue or as a past event?  Did she ask the team to take action to address?  Did the GM ask her what she wanted from that team on that?  Etc.

If the team asked him to stop and he did it again, did she inform them it was continuing?

Devil will be in the details.  This is a little different than the usual harassment situation since she has an independent doctor/patient relationship with Primo.

Probably going to hear a very different story from her side than what Primo's attorney shared.  Will have to see how this unfolds.

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Nov 10th and 12th.

Of 4 games w/ PHI in the regular season, looks like we'll be evading Harden for 3 of those if the report proves true... the third game being later this month (11/28). So, only the game in ATL in April.

For better or worse... the lesson in this young season of Charlotte is still fresh in my mind.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sturt said:

Of 4 games w/ PHI in the regular season, looks like we'll be evading Harden for 3 of those if the report proves true... the third game being later this month (11/28). So, only the game in ATL in April.

For better or worse... the lesson in this young season of Charlotte is still fresh in my mind.

I would rather face Harden. :yes: Specially if Dejounte is checking him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

PHI will just revert to Embiid-centricity.  The problem is on the backend when JoeLLLL will be worn out, the 6ers will have to reincorporate Harden back into what they're doing, and GLLLLenn will have no idea how to deal with it all. 

Maxey has been on a tear though.  It will be interesting to see if he can keep it up when all eyes aren't on Harden

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

LOS ANGELES -- Charlotte Hornets restricted free agent Miles Bridges pleaded no contest to a felony domestic violence charge Thursday morning in Los Angeles Superior Court and will face three years of probation and no jail time as part of a deal with prosecutors.

The no-contest plea means Bridges, who was present in court, is accepting the punishment and the conviction without formally admitting guilt in the case. Bridges was accused of assaulting his then-girlfriend in front of their two children in May. In July, Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascon's office filed three felony charges against Bridges, who initially pleaded not guilty to all three.

On Thursday, Bridges' attorney and the DA's office reached an agreement, which a prosecutor said the woman agreed to and approved of, that he plead no contest to one count -- California Penal Code Section 273.5(a), which covers domestic violence toward a spouse or other cohabitant -- and that the other two counts be dismissed. The felony charges also included "an allegation of causing great bodily injury on the domestic violence victim," and that allegation was dismissed as part of the plea agreement.

The original charges filed in July were one felony count of injuring a child's parent and two felony counts of child abuse under circumstances or conditions likely to cause great bodily injury or death. The DA's July release said the children were present for the alleged assault but did not otherwise specify what the child abuse counts stemmed from.

During his three-year probation, Bridges, 24, will have to undergo 52 weeks of domestic violence counseling and 52 weeks of parenting classes, serve 100 hours of community service, and undergo weekly narcotics testing with marijuana allowed only if there is a valid doctor's prescription. He cannot own any guns or ammunition or any dangerous weapons. He also will have to pay a restitution fine of $300 and a domestic violence fine of $500, and obey the terms of a 10-year protective order, staying 100 yards away from and having no contact with the woman. Bridges and the woman maintain custody over their two children, and any visitation or exchange of children must be done peacefully and through a neutral third party.

Bridges' attorney declined comment. The DA's office didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

• Thanks 2