Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, sturt said:

Am I the only one sitting here on roster commitment day, wondering what's going on in the PHX front office? Didn't you think like I thought that Jae Crowder would be a member of some other team by now? Cause I thought he would. Clock is ticking.

Clock may be ticking but Phoenix is not in a position where they have to move.  He can be a throw in on an Ayton trade later. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Let's make this Hawks related. 

TODAY  10/17  IF GS said....

Draymond for JC... 

Would you do it? 

Definitely not, JC is a great fit today on the team, and we have him on a decent contract for a while.

Dray would be better on offense for screening and playmaking, and our perimeter defense would get better, but I don't think the +'s from Dray coming in outweigh JC's impact.

Losing JC's shooting, rebounding, and selflessness would be too much.

And no JC right after losing Huerter would just be 😭

So all in all, dray can keep his booty in golden state or go the lakers. JC gonna win a championship next to Trae 💯

• Premium Member

What is going on in Charlotte?

James Bouknight arrested on DUI charge

The Charlotte Hornets’ off-season has been eventful…off-court news… and it continues. Hornets guard James Bouknight was arrested around 1:51 AM for driving while impaired in uptown on Sunday, according to the Mecklenburg Sheriff’s Office. The second-year player bond was listed at $2,500.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, sturt said:

Am I the only one sitting here on roster commitment day, wondering what's going on in the PHX front office? Didn't you think like I thought that Jae Crowder would be a member of some other team by now? Cause I thought he would. Clock is ticking.

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

They can trade him at anytime before the trade deadline though right?   He's just taking up a roster spot.

Probably don't like the offers they are getting back. Maybe look to move him when players signed as FAs this offseason become trade eligible Dec. 15th.

But I am surprised he has not been traded.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Phoenix is not in a position where they have to move.

Right. Understood.

4 hours ago, sturt said:
4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

They can trade him at anytime before the trade deadline though right?   He's just taking up a roster spot.

Right.

But if you're not going to send him out right now, it's seems likely your options are especially constrained for the next two months or so.

Temperature of the bad blood getting a little more intense?

Maybe they just feel Crowder should face a little retribution, and that they're satisfied they don't need to replace him anyway.

• Premium Member

Also it's a little curious that KJ Martin didn't get moved, though he's not been nearly as painfully public with his desire to be traded as Crowder, of course.

Then again, HOU's been dealing with some injuries apparently, so KJ's going to get some minutes for at least a game or two or three.

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What is going on in Charlotte?

James Bouknight arrested on DUI charge

The Charlotte Hornets’ off-season has been eventful…off-court news… and it continues. Hornets guard James Bouknight was arrested around 1:51 AM for driving while impaired in uptown on Sunday, according to the Mecklenburg Sheriff’s Office. The second-year player bond was listed at $2,500.

Dang, it's worse than I thought ....

it's only a matter of time before he kills somebody.  All this, the in-game blowup at their former coach with him needing to be restrained, getting kicked out of the Uconn student section during one of their games, the middling play overall.  All the headlines he's made, none of them are positive.  Put him out of his misery already.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So PHX allegedly alienates Crowder by committing to Johnson over him .... then don't commit to Johnson ..... then delay trading Crowder?

Quick, somebody post that pic of James Jones as ExecOTY.  Then remember he drafted none of the players that were the linchpin of their run .... then take a look at what's happened since.....

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You missed that train buddy, 😆 

You are already off this after one game?  Good start for OO but that is a high hill to climb to win the starting job from CC.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

You are already off this after one game?  Good start for OO but that is a high hill to climb to win the starting job from CC.

No I meant the bet timing. He passed emphatically then.

But wait, we can still bet @Spud2nique....same parameters. What say you?

• Like 1