• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

• Premium Member

Along with Miami, inquiring teams have been told Atlanta is Crowder’s other preferred landing spot. While the Hawks have made calls about injured wing Bogdan Bogdanovic, a potential framework of Crowder and Landry Shamet for Bogdanovic has made the rounds among front office personnel, although one source with knowledge of the situation claimed Shamet is not part of any active Suns conversations with Atlanta. The Hawks and Suns have had dialogue on Crowder throughout the summer.
  • Like 1

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Along with Miami, inquiring teams have been told Atlanta is Crowder’s other preferred landing spot. While the Hawks have made calls about injured wing Bogdan Bogdanovic, a potential framework of Crowder and Landry Shamet for Bogdanovic has made the rounds among front office personnel, although one source with knowledge of the situation claimed Shamet is not part of any active Suns conversations with Atlanta. The Hawks and Suns have had dialogue on Crowder throughout the summer.

That deal doesn't work at all.  $18M in Bogi for $19.6M in Crowder ($10.1M) and $9.5M (Shamet) puts us back in the tax.  I suppose the salaries work if you include Krejci.  

But Crowder is the one you want and he is expiring while Shamet is signed for 4 more years and has been thoroughly mediocre career to date.  (Career 10 PER, negative BPM, basically 0 VORP, etc.)  He basically shoots 3's and that is it and we already have AJ to fill that roll for the long-term.  Putting a subpar vet in front of him doesn't make sense.  

There is a reason 4 teams have already had Shamet and none of them wanted to keep him.

If we did this deal, I'd have to think the Hawks believe Bogi will never be healthy again because I don't see that working out  too well for us starting next year.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:cray2:That’s it huh…

He makes Huerter look like an impressive rebounder.  Shamet's career per36 rebounding number is 2.8.  Remember how we were all frustrated because Huerter couldn't rebound effectively?  Huerter's 4.2 rb36 looks a heck of a lot better than Shamet's 2.8 rb36.

On offense, Shamet hasn't even shot 41% from the field in 3 years.  It isn't like he is living at the line or anything.  He makes 1 FT per game and shoots like 70% of his shots from 3.  Again, as I see it all he does well is shoot 3's.  

What else do you think he does at an even average level of contribution for a guy who will be earning $11M per year through 2026?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes, Shamet has 4 years left but the last 2 years a non-guaranteed, but I'm not interested in him.

I didn't see that on BR but no doubt you are correct.  That makes it more palatable but still no more interesting.  We only do this if TS/Fields think Bogi is done, imo.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

He makes Huerter look like an impressive rebounder.  Shamet's career per36 rebounding number is 2.8.  Remember how we were all frustrated because Huerter couldn't rebound effectively?  Huerter's 4.2 rb36 looks a heck of a lot better than Shamet's 2.8 rb36.

On offense, Shamet hasn't even shot 41% from the field in 3 years.  It isn't like he is living at the line or anything.  He makes 1 FT per game and shoots like 70% of his shots from 3.  Again, as I see it all he does well is shoot 3's.  

What else do you think he does at an even average level of contribution for a guy who will be earning $11M per year through 2026?

My apologies I thought we were discussing Jae not Shamet. Ya, my bad, Shamet just shoots 3’s carry on lol. Sorry Landry I got nothin. :scratch:

• Haha 1

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Yes, I think we eventually get Crowder. No, I don’t think it costs us JJ, Bogi, or any other player with value. 

Most likely a three teamer with us sending out some low value picks. 

We have to get rid of salary in order to add Crowder's salary to our roster and there isn't a lot of fat.  We'd absolutely have to get rid of a player with value just to get the salaries to match.

• Like 1

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

My apologies I thought we were discussing Jae not Shamet. Ya, my bad, Shamet just shoots 3’s carry on lol. Sorry Landry I got nothin. :scratch:

Yeah, Crowder is much more than just a 3pt shooter.  If anything his perimeter shooting is the weak part of  his game (he has shot a decent percentage or better 2 out of 10 seasons).  His D and physicality are his calling cards.  Big plus on the boards.  Very unlike Shamet for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

That deal doesn't work at all.  $18M in Bogi for $19.6M in Crowder ($10.1M) and $9.5M (Shamet) puts us back in the tax.  I suppose the salaries work if you include Krejci.  

But Crowder is the one you want and he is expiring while Shamet is signed for 4 more years and has been thoroughly mediocre career to date.  (Career 10 PER, negative BPM, basically 0 VORP, etc.)  He basically shoots 3's and that is it and we already have AJ to fill that roll for the long-term.  Putting a subpar vet in front of him doesn't make sense.  

There is a reason 4 teams have already had Shamet and none of them wanted to keep him.

If we did this deal, I'd have to think the Hawks believe Bogi will never be healthy again because I don't see that working out  too well for us starting next year.

I agree that would have to be the only reason.

I'm bullish on Bogi because of his potential to provide borderline All-Star level play, off the dribble shot creation, and go absolutely nuclear from 3. When he is not on, he can be a waste of space, but when he is on he is a game changer. You cannot say the same for Crowder. He is a name guy that we think will give us some toughness. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I agree that would have to be the only reason.

I'm bullish on Bogi because of his potential to provide borderline All-Star level play, off the dribble shot creation, and go absolutely nuclear from 3. When he is not on, he can be a waste of space, but when he is on he is a game changer. You cannot say the same for Crowder. He is a name guy that we think will give us some toughness. 

I think about Bogi the same way.  We've seen him play at a level that is a game-changer for an extended run (the 22 game stretch in April & May of 2021) and having someone playing at that level raises the ceiling of this team in a way that neither Crowder nor Shamet do.  

Crowder is someone who raises the floor in a way that Bogi doesn't.  Crowder is a reliable contributor who would improve our defense and give us more options defensively.  I don't think that is transformative for us like an "on" Bogi but it definitely makes us a better team.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Gordon Hayward???? 

The cut, the dye job even on his eyebrows?????

His kids gotta be crying and asking 'where's Daddy? 

Screenshot_20221014_212452_Samsung Internet.jpg

Did he move to Texas for the summer? :scratch: Asking for everybody… :er:

He looks worse, much much worse. Maybe it’s for Halloween 🎃?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

I don't know how Schleilds gets it done, but a good day today for me will be one where someway somehow the front office has been able to make room to sign Derrick Favors.

It just feels too much to expect that they could engineer a Crowder trade in which we didn't give up a piece or pieces I hate hate hate to give up.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We need a thick one. :frantics: Like a dude with the body of @kg01’s dude Thomas Bryant, or a Jonas Val or Nurk, man if we could land Nurk, although he gets hurt a lot but that dude might be perfect for us as a backup.

Nurk's making $16/year....so what happens to OO? You giving up on him? :er::stirthepot:..:laugh1:

• Haha 1