• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

• Premium Member

Bojan Bogdanovic seeking contract extension with Pistons

Crowder does not appear to be alone in wanting an extension. New Pistons sharpshooter Bojan Bogdanović, 33, is said to be seeking a new multiyear contract, which league sources say dissuaded some interested teams from pushing harder to try to acquire him from the Jazz as Bogdanović plays out this season on an expiring $19.3 million deal.

Jae Crowder wanted contract with Suns extended

Entering the final season of his current contract at $10.2 million, Jae Crowder let the Suns know that he was seeking a contract extension. League sources say that the Suns’ messaging, in response, was to let Crowder know that, at 32, he was no longer assured of starting or finishing games ahead of Cam Johnson.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bojan Bogdanovic seeking contract extension with Pistons

Crowder does not appear to be alone in wanting an extension. New Pistons sharpshooter Bojan Bogdanović, 33, is said to be seeking a new multiyear contract, which league sources say dissuaded some interested teams from pushing harder to try to acquire him from the Jazz as Bogdanović plays out this season on an expiring $19.3 million deal.

Word is that the Pistons want to see first if they have enough on the roster to mount an unexpected run at a play-in slot … even in a deeper-than-usual Eastern Conference that doesn’t exactly encourage such optimism.

Jae Crowder wanted contract with Suns extended

Entering the final season of his current contract at $10.2 million, Jae Crowder let the Suns know that he was seeking a contract extension. League sources say that the Suns’ messaging, in response, was to let Crowder know that, at 32, he was no longer assured of starting or finishing games ahead of Cam Johnson.

Surprised Bojan wants to stay a Piston. Interesting to see where Jae winds up. The dude is a difference maker it seems, he’s a better PJ Tucker type or at least the same level guy to me.

He might shift the balance depending on where he goes, hopefully out west if not us.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Surprised Bojan wants to stay a Piston. Interesting to see where Jae winds up. The dude is a difference maker it seems, he’s a better PJ Tucker type or at least the same level guy to me.

He might shift the balance depending on where he goes, hopefully out west if not us.

I don't think it's neccesarily that he really wants to stay - it's about the contract, he has a better chance of getting more money with Detroit than hitting FAcy

Jae looked done in the playoffs last year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I like jr. and liked his dad a bunch back in the day too, the OG slam kang 👑. Hops like it was comical. To see Air Jordan at 6’6” or Nique and the Doctor at 6’7” but when a big at 6’10” do it, it was kinda cool 😎.. he glided.. much like Clyde. Some dunkers were majestic and he was definitely one and his son seems like a good kid as well and I like his game. Good stuff.

• Like 1

Unless they are planning to hold out, I don't see any real incentive for older, role-playing vets to be vocal about getting extensions. In Bojan's case, you were basically trade fodder. Detroit has a stable of young studs that they have to pay eventually. You're better off playing out the final year of your contract and just ring chasing to finish your career.

Apparently, demanding an extension is only lowering your value. Best to just lay low and ball out in whatever role you are given to prove to other teams you still have value

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Unless they are planning to hold out, I don't see any real incentive for older, role-playing vets to be vocal about getting extensions. In Bojan's case, you were basically trade fodder. Detroit has a stable of young studs that they have to pay eventually. You're better off playing out the final year of your contract and just ring chasing to finish your career.

Apparently, demanding an extension is only lowering your value. Best to just lay low and ball out in whatever role you are given to prove to other teams you still have value

Eh, I don’t see how you are really lowering your value.  Don’t see a lot of downside to asking for it.  You don’t ask, you don’t get and if you don’t get you just hit FA after this season just like you would if you put your head down and said nothing.  Reality is these guys just aren’t in high demand.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

32 minutes ago, AHF said:

Eh, I don’t see how you are really lowering your value.  

I think he means lowering the trade value to the team, particularly if the ask is too high from the new team.

• Like 1

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think he means lowering the trade value to the team, particularly if the ask is too high from the new team.

Fair enough but I’m still not seeing that as a huge deal to the player unless they are unhappy where they are.  They don’t care if the trade value is reduced if the chances of the new team giving a contract is better.

Miami out here payin' 6th men over $30 mil-a-year.  Congrats, Herro.

"But kg, with the new TV money, this'll be a great deal." - Slacked-jawed yokel

Ok, bro, but that's a lotta dough to be playing a dude that looks questionable in the playoffs, plays Trae-ish defense, and who can't be a 1st or 2nd option.  Shiiii, shoulda just traded for Sexton.  Same dude, basically. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2