• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

• Premium Member

I have to believe that he slept with the VP's wife also...

I mean...  when has sleeping with a subordinate been a crime in the NBA.

Hello Jeannie Buss.   Her relationship with Phil Jackson while he was the coach was open and never seen as being a crime. 

I'm not defending O Boy... because why in the hell would you cheat on Nia Long???

However,  I notice the inconsistency of the whole thing and wonder if there is more that is not being told?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

What did he allegedly do? The only thing I have read is an "improper relationship", which I assume is a euphemism for sex.

after he and the lady were told to stop doing it in July he kept making unwanted advances towards her.   

Whatever, a great hockey player and man once said "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

You obviously have zero experience with workplace legal issues if you think there aren’t just a host of issues for someone to be having sex with a subordinate employee over whom they have control of many of the terms and conditions of their employment.  It is a huge potential liability for the company.  In many cases the “boss” uses their authority to either give privileges to the sexual partner (violating the rights of others in the workplace) or uses their authority to facilitate the relationship (ie are you going to turn down the boss when he decides if you get a raise, if you get promoted, etc).  Even when those things aren’t happening, it is only a he said/she said away from being claimed from happening.  That risk becomes massively escalated when you are having sex with multiple people and there is the risk of jealously on top of the normal risk of bad feelings after a breakup.

Terrible judgment for any boss to do this with a subordinate.

I've witnessed this firsthand. The "meteoric rise" through the ranks of a certain female employee was obvious to the other employees for years. Unfortunately for the parties involved, Fortune 500 companies have ZERO tolerance when it comes to things like that. Once the higher ups got wind of it, they acted quickly to fix the situation. It was like both parties disappeared into thin air and were never spoken of again despite them being upper management. With an improper relationship AND rumors of unwanted advances, Udoka is most likely done in Boston.

• Moderators

What did he allegedly do? The only thing I have read is an "improper relationship", which I assume is a euphemism for sex.

First, the power dynamic of a boss and subordinate makes the situation way more complicated than "just two consenting adults."  Second, he reportedly kept pursuing her after he was ordered to stop by his bosses and when it was unwelcomed by her.

I'm perplexed that anyone wouldn't see this as an issue, especially for a high profile employee in a highly public organization. 

1. It is a boss sleeping with a subordinate. 
  2. On top of that, continuing to pursue a sexual relationship with a subordinate after your boss has forbidden it is blatant insubordination. 
  3. On top of that, after the subordinate communicates that advances are no longer welcome continuing to pursue them is per se sexual harassment.

If true, him also sleeping with a VP's wife is a different situation where you don't have the boss/subordinate dynamic but if you don't see how this could be disruptive to a workplace then I am guessing you are not married and lack all empathy for how a husband who finds out that a coworker is sleeping with his wife is likely to react.  Talk about a powder keg of a situation.  I'm not aware of any employer who is cool with that dynamic among their top employees (when tolerated it is usually because that person is the CEO and no one feels empowered to stand up to them).

• Like 2

It's the textbook example of why sex with subordinates can't be allowed.

The guy in power wouldn't let it go, was apparently continuing to pursue her, made her feel her job as in jeopardy for reasons other than job performance.   This is sexual harassment 101.

This is a lifetime movie waiting to happen, btw.  Starring Nia Long?  Too soon?  Yeah, self-ban. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I have to believe that he slept with the VP's wife also...

I mean...  when has sleeping with a subordinate been a crime in the NBA.

Hello Jeannie Buss.   Her relationship with Phil Jackson while he was the coach was open and never seen as being a crime. 

I'm not defending O Boy... because why in the hell would you cheat on Nia Long???

However,  I notice the inconsistency of the whole thing and wonder if there is more that is not being told?

Iiuc Phil and Jeannie went public and essentially asked for permission, of sorts, when they were together.  Different scenario entirely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Expected to miss the entire 2022-23 season.  Injured it 3 weeks ago.

That really sucks for him.   Maybe we can trade for him next summer.

I'm just glad he never bent his knees while he was with us.   Smart way to avoid this kind of thing. 

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

That really sucks for him.   Maybe we can trade for him next summer.

I'm just glad he never bent his knees while he was with us.   Smart way to avoid this kind of thing. 

Too soon, but still funny! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, kg01 said:

Iiuc Phil and Jeannie went public and essentially asked for permission, of sorts, when they were together.  Different scenario entirely.

Not really.  They dated secretly before going public.  That means that when they were dating it was a subordinate dating his boss. 

Now... had it been Travis Schlenk saying, I have been dating my administrative assistant and now we want to go public and get permission... how is it different?

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, kg01 said:

It's the textbook example of why sex with subordinates can't be allowed.

The guy in power wouldn't let it go, was apparently continuing to pursue her, made her feel her job as in jeopardy for reasons other than job performance.   This is sexual harassment 101.

This is a lifetime movie waiting to happen, btw.  Starring Nia Long?  Too soon?  Yeah, self-ban. 

I'm going to tell you how this one went. 

Udoka was having an affair with a Female Celtics Staff member ...   if it's a staff member, it has to be this woman.

Allison Feaster - Wikipedia

She is also the wife of VP of Player Development for the Celtics. 

That would be this guy:

dannystrong - Twitter Search / Twitter

Udoka and Co. were found out in June...  told to stop....Loss the finals.  July it was still ongoing.

Owner said that they did a month long deep dive and found volumes of misconduct. 

When they told them to stop in June, I believe that she realized that she had a family.  The club let them stop without telling her family or going public because they were in the finals. 

But Udoka was feenin like Jodeci.   

He has enough power to fire her and her husband.  And if he used that Trump card to parlay sexual favors, then he ought to be more than suspended. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

I'm going to tell you how this one went. 

Udoka was having an affair with a Female Celtics Staff member ...   if it's a staff member, it has to be this woman.

She is also the wife of VP of Player Development for the Celtics. 

It has already been determined It's not her and SHE is actually the VP of Player Development. (Not the wife of one).

• Thanks 1