• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

17 hours ago, kg01 said:

Can't wait for Eddie Johnson on nbaradio today, if he's brave enough to not be on "vacation".

Suns mouthpiece who's been a Sarver apologist for years.  I guess he's ok with discrimination and misogyny ... as long as the price is right? 

Did you hear it? I missed the show yesterday and for a min now. Eddie and Justin T. lol bickering like an old married couple.

54 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Did you hear it? I missed the show yesterday and for a min now. Eddie and Justin T. lol bickering like an old married couple.

He wasn't on.  I won't call it cowardly but I will say these folks now lose the right to comment on other bad actors in other organizations.

You tellin' me, after being in LA during the Sterling stuff, Chris Paul wasn't aware Sarver was a bad dude?  Money talked. 

That said, I imagine a large percentage of us are currently working for some guy/lady that's not 100% on the level.  So who am I to throw stones?

In my defense though, I just left a job due to questionable culture reasons, particularly racially, so maybe I can toss a little stone. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's gonna have a really tough time recouping that $84 million he turned down last offseason. Took some real guts to play in Euroleague without a contract.

One of the all-time worst calls in contract negotiations.

• Like 3

• Admin

I hate that they are lowering the age limit again.  Some of these kids who dominate HS are not NBA players but everyone is in their ear saying they are.  As a result teams are going to be drafting a bunch of guys who really are going to bust in the NBA.  The kid loses and the team loses.  At least college gives a birds eye view of more potential against better competition.   A lot of those Kentucky kids over the years are great examples ... imagine if high picks were wasted on those twins.

• Like 2

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I hate that they are lowering the age limit again.  Some of these kids who dominate HS are not NBA players but everyone is in their ear saying they are.  As a result teams are going to be drafting a bunch of guys who really are going to bust in the NBA.  The kid loses and the team loses.  At least college gives a birds eye view of more potential against better competition.   A lot of those Kentucky kids over the years are great examples ... imagine if high picks were wasted on those twins.

UK has had a bunch of them for sure.  I am with you on this .  I didn't like it when it was HS players because it made the draft more bust heavy and the teams that are drafting at the top of the lottery usually need the most immediate help to become competitive again.  The upside of drafting a LeBron or KG, etc. is too big for those teams to pass up but too many will turn out to be:

Andrew and Aaron Harrison - #2 and #3 in their draft class

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1327999-college-basketball-recruiting-comparing-harrison-twins-to-nba-players

(This article amusingly compares them to Rose and Joe Johnson)

Alex Poythress - #8 in class (Rivals)

Skal LabissiĂšre - #1 in class (Rivals, Scouts)

Brandon Boston - #4 in class (Rivals)

Randolph Morris - #10 in class (8 of the 10 jumped straight to the NBA)

Etc. 

These weren't guys who were highly rated and flopped at UK and then went on to pro success.  They were guys who were among the very highest rated HS players who were not even worth a bench spot to NBA teams for more than a few token appearances.  But all would likely have been lottery picks coming straight out of HS.  

This is just going to introduce more randomness into the draft.  I guess as a Hawks fan, though, it makes it more likely for us to catch lightning in a bottle so selfishly there is some upside.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It will be interesting to see how tit affects the GLeague.  Will it become a true minor league system?  Currently, the better players can bypass college and play for the GL Ignite only.  How does that change and will teams be allowed to now draft these players to their GLeague teams and would they own their rights.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interested in seeing what the Cam Johnson deal may be (if it happens) and how it affects Hunter or not.

Omg 😳 I read Bogdon not Bojan and thought we gettin Crowddddd heeeeerrrrrrrr :aaa: thanks for the heart volt there Burd! :frantics:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member