Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Oooomph!

Sucks for Gallo big time!

....for the hated Ceeees, not so much!

I'm going to say it out loud.

The Cs are more significantly more vulnerable now.

They traded some depth (Nesmith + Theis) to get Brogdon, who has played less than 60 games in 4 of his 5 seasons since his rookie year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'm going to say it out loud.

The Cs are more significantly more vulnerable now.

They traded some depth (Nesmith + Theis) to get Brogdon, who has played less than 60 games in 4 of his 5 seasons since his rookie year.

You make it sound like they lost a lot?

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Diesel said:

You make it sound like they lost a lot?

I said what I said.

When you're not a deep roster team... the differential between the talent of your first 8 guys and the rest of the roster is pretty significant... you're already a vulnerable one.

They've become more vulnerable.

2022-09-03_08-16-24.png

1 hour ago, sturt said:

I said what I said.

When you're not a deep roster team... the differential between the talent of your first 8 guys and the rest of the roster is pretty significant... you're already a vulnerable one.

They've become more vulnerable.

2022-09-03_08-16-24.png

With losing Gallo, the C’s essentially added Brogdon and lost a few bench guys, but are basically running it back next year, which isn’t a good thing historically.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

added Brogdon

If it turns out that they got Brogdon for 80-ish games and the post-season, I think we all would agree, it's a better team even if they don't get anything from Gallo.

If it turns out that they get Brogdon for 60-ish games, it all depends on timing and whether they get him for the post-season or not... that's my tipping point, me. They're essentially a little better if they get him for post-season, and a little behind 21-22's potency if not.

So, anything less than that, they're worse off. And that's factoring in some slight regression for Horf.... if Horf finally hits a wall, then that's gonna have some more substantial effect.

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

basically running it back next year, which isn’t a good thing historically.

I'd argue that all is severely dependent on the age of your lead dogs, tho. It's absolutely what you should do as best you can to the degree your lead dogs are younger.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

They already were going to have to let go of either Isaiah Joe or Trevelin Queen. This move would seem to force off the roster Charles Bassey, the Western Kentucky product that had some thinking the Sixers got a 2nd round steal a couple of drafts ago... or less likely, Summer League phenom Paul Reed.

I don't really want a project, but you could do worse than Bassey for that last roster slot.

And incidentally... if Queen hits the market, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who better defines "3 and D". He's not great at anything else, but on those two criteria, he's golden. Again, though, it's not the right fit for us, imo... this is the time in our trajectory for players who have some significant minutes under their belt.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

The 76ers are now one of the toughest teams in the league.  They got Harrell and Tucker.   Tucker is going to make a big difference. 

Yeah i think so too.  The biggest hole in our offseason was not getting tougher.  We needed an elite wing and tough vets.   We got one of those things.   

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Tucker is going to make a big difference. 

Recency bias.

He's old. He's bound to regress. Can't explain how he had the exceptional 21-22 that he did. I think he returns to the downward trajectory he'd been on. We'll see.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 9/6/2022 at 7:43 PM, macdaddy said:

Yeah i think so too.  The biggest hole in our offseason was not getting tougher.  We needed an elite wing and tough vets.   We got one of those things.   

You never know, we may have gotten Both in one shot.

DM is not going to let s--- slide.

He's not the goody goody guy that we have drafted and looked for previously.  He has a bit of an edge on him.   He might be just the guy to teach our guys about protecting this house!!

I believe our guys say it.. but they don't say it with their chest...

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Diesel said:

He's not the goody goody guy that we have drafted and looked for previously.  He has a bit of an edge on him.   He might be just the guy to teach our guys about protecting this house!!

Yep. Sometimes all it takes is that one guy to change the chemistry.  With how the season ended, I think there's going to be some built up frustration and Murray is the fire that will light the fuse.  Not to mention almost every player on this team has a point to prove.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Diesel said:

Yep, I think his attitude is gonna spill over into some guys who want to play tougher.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Danny STRainge is really freakin me out. :laugh1: He’s like Dr. Evil asking for a kajillion bajillion dollars 💵.

:14-:34 🤣 Tim Robbins 🤣 

Danny is a moron. It’s like that kid you try and trade baseball cards with but he’s so dang infuriating cuz he wants a yard but won’t give up an inch. :laugh:

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

well why didn't the rip off the Cavs then.   Cavs didn't give up that much honestly.   I know i know picks right?  they're spread out.  I think it was a great move.  Of course the Cavs are a better team than the knicks so it made more sense. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

well why didn't the rip off the Cavs then.   Cavs didn't give up that much honestly.   I know i know picks right?  they're spread out.  I think it was a great move.  Of course the Cavs are a better team than the knicks so it made more sense. 

Several picks mean a lot.  Even if they are mid first, it still has value.   What was JC a 20th pick?

But on top of that, people don't like him but Sexton is no slouch.   neither is Markennen.  Utah made off like bandits.