• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This many years in .... is there still potential tho? 

If the potential hasn't truly been untapped, then yes.

I want to see what he can do, if given consistent minutes.  12 - 18 minutes per game.

Case in point, Houston is playing right now vs the Spurs.  And as soon as I started watching the video, Bruno gets a block . . challenges a shot on the next possession . . and catches a nice alley oop off the pick and roll.

LOL . . then he commits his classic moving screen foul.

Rockets - The official site of the NBA for the latest NBA Scores, Stats & News. | NBA.com

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If the potential hasn't truly been untapped, then yes.

I want to see what he can do, if given consistent minutes.  12 - 18 minutes per game.

Case in point, Houston is playing right now vs the Spurs.  And as soon as I started watching the video, Bruno gets a block . . challenges a shot on the next possession . . and catches a nice alley oop off the pick and roll.

LOL . . then he commits his classic moving screen foul.

Rockets - The official site of the NBA for the latest NBA Scores, Stats & News. | NBA.com

It's preseason . . but stat line for Bruno right now

10 minutes of play

6 pts - 3 rebs - 1 asst - 2 rebs . . . +19 for the game

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wonder if the Suns will get it together? Crowder wants put, Ayton seems unhappy, he and coach not speaking?

I think the answer is a clear No.   CP has peaked, Book can't carry them, Ayton is flaking.   Unless one of the other young guys really takes a leap then they aren't anything special.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I think the answer is a clear No.   CP has peaked, Book can't carry them, Ayton is flaking.   Unless one of the other young guys really takes a leap then they aren't anything special.  

Unfortunately, I think they will be passed by Dallas, Memphis, and the Pels this year.... maybe a return of the Lakers too. 

And While people think the biggest mystery if N.O.  I think the biggest mystery is Portland. 

Dame Time, Simons, Hart, Grant, and Nurkic... These guys have some depth and talent.   Watchout.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

They really look that way, but CP has a way of getting things done.  His teams always seem to go further than you expect.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

The eggsperts told us Bridges was the next great thing.  He'll have to prove it, it seems.

7 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

They really look that way, but CP has a way of getting things done.  His teams always seem to go further than you expect.  

This is actually untrue.  He's had some of the most talented rosters around him on paper but they usually go out earlier than expected, other than one year.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The eggsperts told us Bridges was the next great thing. 

Don’t call me that… :er: at least spell my name right I ain’t an egg 🥚 😂 Bridges is solid comon now let’s not nitpick. The dude is a very solid starter who plays both ends. I dunno I liked him for us in the 2018 draft had we traded back to 5-7, and you know Whuka I wanted first. 🏃‍♀️ 

• Premium Member

SPeaking of the other Bridges:

Hornets still control his rights for a year, so even though it's unlikely he plays for them this season it also is unlikely he plays anywhere else. What'll be interesting is what happens when he's an UFA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Don’t call me that… :er: at least spell my name right I ain’t an egg 🥚😂 Bridges is solid comon now let’s not nitpick. The dude is a very solid starter who plays both ends. I dunno I liked him for us in the 2018 draft had we traded back to 5-7, and you know Whuka I wanted first. 🏃‍♀️ 

Meh, he's a good piece.  I'd love to have him but folks (not you) speak of him like he's prime Paul George or something.  That's my issue with the praise he receives from the pundits.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Meh, he's a good piece.  I'd love to have him but folks (not you) speak of him like he's prime Paul George or something.  That's my issue with the praise he receives from the pundits.

You’ve been on FakeGM message boards; Suns. 😂 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

His fam got that weak immune system it seems dang. Get well Kitty!

Really weird story, situation.  Hope he recovers fully.  

My wife's family has anemia and other seemingly hereditary health issues and they oddly get sick a lot.  So, even if its not the case with towns and fam, you're not totally off base in questioning the immune system deal with them.  Not sure what the "medical" term would be, but that is a 'thing' iiuc.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kg01 said:

This is actually untrue.  He's had some of the most talented rosters around him on paper but they usually go out earlier than expected, other than one year.

His regular season results though are pretty undeniable.  56 wins in New Orleans with David West!  His teams are top 4 seed virtually every year.  Career winning percentage is 65%.
 His most likely result is to win in the regular season followed by a playoff injury.  

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

His regular season results though are pretty undeniable.  56 wins in New Orleans with David West!  His teams are top 4 seed virtually every year.  Career winning percentage is 65%.
 His most likely result is to win in the regular season followed by a playoff injury.  

His time in Houston wasn't that.   They should have beaten the Warriors.   Then and Now, it's just being healthy for him.   I honestly think their main team had COVID for their last game last year.   I may be wrong but the energy was all gone. 

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I'm thinking the Suns will regress significantly this year.

I should've mentioned I'm not a big fan of his so I'm biased.  He's a bully.

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

His time in Houston wasn't that.   They should have beaten the Warriors.   Then and Now, it's just being healthy for him.   I honestly think their main team had COVID for their last game last year.   I may be wrong but the energy was all gone. 

Covid doesn't explain away their chemistry issues.

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm thinking the Suns will regress significantly this year.

I should've mentioned I'm not a big fan of his so I'm biased.  He's a bully.

I'm not a Paul fan either, but he does have a history of winning.  Jordan was a bully, too.  The Suns are good and the west is pretty weak.

I'm not predicting them to take the west, but I think the other teams below them are flawed as well.  Do you trust PG + Clippers?  Weakened Mavs?  Grizzlies?  Wolves?  Nuggets?  The Suns have had a lot of offseason drama, but mostly the same players that won the past two years are gonna play.  Ayton was focused on video games and barely slept last year, he never carried that team.  

• Like 1