• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why aren't we Excited!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member
On 7/31/2022 at 10:28 AM, Spud2nique said:

I dunno but peep this 👀 

ps Ignore the fact that JR Smith is higher than a kite 🪁🤭 

I actually agree with LG (not cagey) at :54 when he says Trae is a passer. 

JR saying he’s like Kyrie and Steph but again Trae is the best passer since Magic or Kidd, pure passing.

They are both right is the thing. Trae does have great vision and is a smart and willing distributor but at the end of the day he's also a top 5 scorer in the NBA and by far the best scorer on the team, so asking Trae to be a pure PG or focus too much on playmaking does take away from his scoring to a degree and vice  versa. The balancing Trae has to do between his scoring and playmaking is part of the reason why I think he can get worn down, it's a lot to ask of one player. GS does not ask Steph to do that, they let him focus on his scoring and make Draymond the Point forward. With Murray on the team, it will be interesting to see how having another elite playmaker and pure PG impacts Trae's assists and points numbers. I think best case scenario we see Trae become a more efficient player over all with Murray doing some of the PG heavy lifting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

They are both right is the thing. Trae does have great vision and is a smart and willing distributor but at the end of the day he's also a top 5 scorer in the NBA and by far the best scorer on the team, so asking Trae to be a pure PG or focus too much on playmaking does take away from his scoring to a degree and vice  versa. The balancing Trae has to do between his scoring and playmaking is part of the reason why I think he can get worn down, it's a lot to ask of one player. GS does not ask Steph to do that, they let him focus on his scoring and make Draymond the Point forward. With Murray on the team, it will be interesting to see how having another elite playmaker and pure PG impacts Trae's assists and points numbers. I think best case scenario we see Trae become a more efficient player over all with Murray doing some of the PG heavy lifting.

Fast Break points should increase.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

RD.. my thoughts on platooning will look like this:

Trae/DM  = 8 minutes.

Trae  = 4 more minutes. 

DM = 8 minutes.  (into the 2nd qtr)

Trae 8 minutes.

Trae/DM 4 minutes close out the half. 

****Repeat for 2nd half.

With this rotation...  I think that those times that DM and CC see the floor together.  We are more defensive.

I think that Trae/DM/JC plays together. 

Of course, Bogi/AJ plays those stretches when Trae or DM is out there alone. 

AJ and DH will platoon minutes at Sf and DH will probably play some BU PF minutes with Frank the Tank. 

I can't say how we play the Holidays...I might be wishing with the AJ role. 

JJ will still see limited time and really he has to prove that he's better out there than the vets. 

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

One thing that we were told to watch for with JJ on the floor:  His ability to grab a rebound and start the fast break.  His ability to do this is because of his talent to see the floor and his ability to make the fast pass from deep.  Does he have this ability?  Or is this just someone blowing smoke?

Also, we know that it was just bragging but his coaches in the G League said he resembled a very young King James!  This is too much for him to live up to - - Still, it's a nice thought!

🧑‍🔧

Yes, he has the ability to start AND finish a fast break. With all the talk of the Hawks utilizing the fast break more next season, JJ can and most likely will be a big part of that. He's kind of a forgotten man since he was either in the G League or buried on the bench last season. JJ brings a new dimension to this team offensively with his ball skills at the 3/4 and could compete for MIP next season. Looking at the roster, this Hawks team is pretty long and athletic. DJM, JJ, Collins, OO, Hunter, and even Capella are all guys that can run the floor and finish strong at the rim. Trae will have a lot of weapons to choose from on the break. 

• Like 3

I’m excited at the prospect of one of our young guys making a big leap…between DH, JJ, or OO. Also our lottery pick may be able to give us something from day one as a shooter. The Hawks are objectively better. The elephant in the room for us is health. Can we keep CC, JC, and Bogi healthy ? They are all very important veterans and we just can’t seem to keep them on the floor especially come playoff time.

• Like 1