• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why aren't we Excited!!!

Diesel

12 minutes ago, Wretch said:

The only thing that gives me a little pause is perimeter shooting. 

Same but DM has put in the work which made him an all star ⭐️, but ya that’s the only flaw that’s clearly visible to me.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I got us as a top 4 in the League.

Mic drop ....

You don’t care about anything huh! :laugh1: :boxing: You wylin now dawg.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If X 2.  1- If our youth are healthy and 2- If Nate will use them, allow them to make mistakes, and still use them, then will we make a big splash and drive toward the top.

We have new blood and desperately need to use these guys.

🧑‍🔧

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

It takes 25 games for some degree of consistent continuity to get established when you change out a key piece in the starting line-up, depending on injuries. It might even take a little more when you change out a key piece in the 2nd unit simply b/c they don't get as much floor time.

So, you may or may not have heard... last season's Real Hawks did a .621.

Overall, the math says that in the Nate McMillan era, the Real Hawks have posted a .653.

Soberly, I've got this newest version going 13-12 (.520) out of the gate...

And then mirroring what last season's EC champs did by putting hitting the gas about that time, and hitting 5th gear by the All-Star break and not looking back. 38-19 (.667) the rest of the way...

51-31 (.622) overall.

Probably good for a #2 or #3 seed going into the playoffs.

Most critical wild card (aside from overall team health of course) is Jalen. We have no solid clue what we're going to get out of him. He is the boom or bust factor for the 2022-23 season.

2022-07-30_14-00-30.png

(Incidentally, fwiw... had we been able to acquire Micic, pushing ADay back to the 3rd string and likely making Martin a 2W, I'd be seeing us closer to 55 wins.)

• Premium Member
On 7/16/2022 at 6:00 PM, Diesel said:

I know i started the how did you go to work thread... but Hawks fans are almost depressed.  Depressed because we didn't get Gobert or Ayton...  Depressed because we didn't trade Collins...  ARE YOU KIDDING ME..

Hawks fans should be like this:

Omega Psi Phi Founders Day GIFs | Tenor

This is the level of excitement that we ought to have about this upcoming season. 

We were just a top offense in the game.   We Just picked up the Yin to Trae's Yang... Trae by himself was already historic...  We traded what will go down in History as a little for what will turn out to be our Klay... our Scottie Pippen... our D-Wade.  The league is in trouble and it don't even realize what we have in Atlanta.   We got a defender.  We got a PG who can run the fast break (excellently).  So Murray will transform defense into quick offense and when he does, Trae is off ball... nailing the corner three.... or JC is inside finishing the dunk.  or Murray is calling his own number.   And when we go into a halfcourt set... Clint is finishing the PNR. or JC is nailing the corner three.. or Trae is hitting them with the goat float or Murray is slashing.

I'm excited...  I can't wait to see us run teams off the floor. 

And here's the other part... We are edgy...

Hunter and OO need to get their stuff together. 

I am excited and its not just driven by our increased chances of competing for the big prize. It is the fact that this team has everything I like about basketball in one place. High character guys, superstar, all defensive players, high flying athleticism, youth with potential, shooting, savvy vets, and a mature coaching staff. So many different aspects to enjoy this season. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

You know what I just thought about while posting my previous response?  We could have the best players in the nba’s most important stat areas on one team. We could have the league leader in rebounds in Clint, league leader in steals in Murray, league leader in points or assists in Young, leader in 3 point percentage in Bogi, and leader in efficiency in Collins.
Maybe even defensive rating in Dre. Wow.  Mind blown.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

You know what I just thought about while posting my previous response?  We could have the best players in the nba’s most important stat areas on one team. We could have the league leader in rebounds in Clint, league leader in steals in Murray, league leader in points or assists in Young, leader in 3 point percentage in Bogi, and leader in efficiency in Collins.
Maybe even defensive rating in Dre. Wow.  Mind blown.  

I like it :good:....why not us.

Do you think with Murray sharing the offensive burden with Trae those numbers for Trae are still possible?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Do you think with Murray sharing the offensive burden with Trae those numbers for Trae are still possible?

I dunno but peep this 👀 

ps Ignore the fact that JR Smith is higher than a kite 🪁 🤭 

I actually agree with LG (not cagey) at :54 when he says Trae is a passer. 

JR saying he’s like Kyrie and Steph but again Trae is the best passer since Magic or Kidd, pure passing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes. That’s why I said points or assists with Trae. I believe he will either go nuts scoring with Murray taking most of the responsibility for assisting or he will pick teams apart with all of his weapons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I dunno but peep this 👀 

ps Ignore the fact that JR Smith is higher than a kite 🪁🤭 

JR saying he’s like Kyrie and Steph but again Trae is the best passer since Magic or Kidd, pure passing.

Yeah JR hiiiiigh!:huh:

KG is correct regarding Trae's passing though.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I dunno but peep this 👀 

ps Ignore the fact that JR Smith is higher than a kite 🪁🤭 

He might be high but he still knows what he is talking about lol.   Isn’t it amazing to have somebody who can pass like Magic Johnson but he is even better at scoring? We are witnessing something great here folks. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

He might be high but he still knows what he is talking about lol.   Isn’t it amazing to have somebody who can pass like Magic Johnson but he is even better at scoring? We are witnessing something great here folks. 

Ya I keep trying to find an example and I can’t. When has there been a top 5 assist guys on the same team in a backcourt?

Ya, hopefully 🙏🏿 in for a treat this season.

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

KG is correct regarding Trae's passing though.

Yup I’m here. People disagree with me and think I’m biased but Magic, Kidd and Trae are the best pure passers I’ve seen in like 40 years of watching.

• Like 1