• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 Hawks Training Camp News and Notes - 09/24/22

JayBirdHawk

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Tyrese… wow, I mean ya that swag and confidence we saw in the summer league, that didn’t look like it could be intimidated or turned off easily. This kid might be the real deal, specially for us who stink at 2nd round picks historically speaking.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's just one day, and moreover, just the very start of camp.

But... if the 2nd rounder emerges as getting more minutes than your 1st rounder who plays the exact same position... that sounds like a really, really good problem to have... or a really, really bad problem to have.

Hopefully it's just that they're wanting to take it easier on AJ because he's coming off an injury that dogged him.

We need him to be a wing in the 2nd unit... so that when BogBog gets back, he's producing so well that JDay gets shuffled back to the 3rd unit.

And.

I'm surprised by the surprise that Jalen's going to get first dibs on the 2nd unit PF slot. To me, that's a no-brainer.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Considering AJ missed SL, Tyrese technically has more NBA minutes/experience. Plus he is 4 years older and likely has more initial polish to him out of the gate compared to AJ who has a higher ceiling but may be raw in comparison.

Yep. Nothing in the 2nd unit surprises me. The Hawks having signed Tyrese to an NBA contract in lieu of a 2way spoke volumes about him and it was likely Bogi would be limited in the early part of the season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Good stuff!!

DJ upping the intensity!

I had no idea Silva signed here.  Not surprised at all he won the conditioning test.

A .158 WS/48 in 529 career minutes (a nice chunk of non-garbage minutes in there) shows great end-of-the-rotation  and matchup potential that can certainly be built upon by a solid coaching staff.   Don’t know why he isn’t a far better shot blocker, dude can touch the rafters.  He’s gonna show flashes when injuries happen, which they always do.

Edited by benhillboy