• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 Hawks Training Camp News and Notes - 09/24/22

JayBirdHawk

12 hours ago, Final_quest said:

This sounds achievable, and dare I say miniscule.  The biggest leap is going from 2% to 10% on attempts from 10-16 feet.  

One trend I've noticed in projecting younger players is the thought that they will improve statistically in small increments for a few years, and then have somewhat of a breakout season when the team starts to lean on them more.  Dejounte would be an example of that.  Trae, even with averaging 29 ppg in his sophomore season has shown incremental increases with his WS/48 going up each year. 

Our other picks haven't show incremental improvements each year like Trae and DM: Huerter, Collins, Hunter, Cam.  At least not using VORP, WS/48, etc.  Makes me wonder what the average across lottery picks or first round picks would be.  My hunch is that there are enough picks that flame out to bring the group average down.  I do expect Okongwu and Hunter to increase their WS/48 and VORP this year.  I don't see either breaking out like DM did last year.  More incremental like you project.     

538 projects him somewhere in between Jaxson Hayes’ past season and Bam’s third year (first AS appearance). I hope it’s much closer to the latter.  

Hayes, while almost identical to a lot of OO’s advanced metrics and a wonderful defensive  compliment to Herb Jones and Jose Alvarado, doesn’t have the potential to improve his ball skills or the perimeter agility to the degree I think OO can.  OOs metrics in the playoffs crush his as well, in many more games.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Final_quest said:

This sounds achievable, and dare I say miniscule.  The biggest leap is going from 2% to 10% on attempts from 10-16 feet.  

One trend I've noticed in projecting younger players is the thought that they will improve statistically in small increments for a few years, and then have somewhat of a breakout season when the team starts to lean on them more.  Dejounte would be an example of that.  Trae, even with averaging 29 ppg in his sophomore season has shown incremental increases with his WS/48 going up each year. 

Our other picks haven't show incremental improvements each year like Trae and DM: Huerter, Collins, Hunter, Cam.  At least not using VORP, WS/48, etc.  Makes me wonder what the average across lottery picks or first round picks would be.  My hunch is that there are enough picks that flame out to bring the group average down.  I do expect Okongwu and Hunter to increase their WS/48 and VORP this year.  I don't see either breaking out like DM did last year.  More incremental like you project.     

538 projects him somewhere in
between Jaxson Hayes' past
season and Bam's third year
(first AS appearance). I hope it's
much closer to the latter.

Hayes, while almost identical to
a lot of 00's advanced metrics
and a wonderful defensive
compliment to Herb Jones and
Jose Alvarado, doesn't have the
potential to improve his ball
skills to the degree I think 00
can nor the perimeter agility to keep guards in front consistently.
OOs metrics in the playoffs
crush his as well, in many more
games.

Sorry this looks like a poem but my BRAND NEW ASS SMARTPHONE is acting stupid.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, benhillboy said:

538 projects him somewhere in
between Jaxson Hayes' past
season and Bam's third year
(first AS appearance). I hope it's
much closer to the latter.

Hayes, while almost identical to
a lot of 00's advanced metrics
and a wonderful defensive
compliment to Herb Jones and
Jose Alvarado, doesn't have the
potential to improve his ball
skills to the degree I think 00
can nor the perimeter agility to keep guards in front consistently.
OOs metrics in the playoffs
crush his as well, in many more
games.

Sorry this looks like a poem but my BRAND NEW ASS SMARTPHONE is acting stupid.

Lovely poem listen I don’t want the Heat and Warriors in the finals… :huh:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I like Frank Kaminsky and I liked Harkless with the Blazers.  Both at a great age of 29, both had their best two-year periods from ‘17-‘19.  I just don’t have any faith in this staff to extract the best out of their games AND keep them healthy for them to make any real contributions.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If we did a trust fall, I'd catch you bro..... then I'd fake an injury to make everybody think you're fat. 

It wouldn't really be too hard to convince people I am fat these days.  Even Stevie Wonder could probably tell just from the change in air pressure when I enter a room.

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I like Frank Kaminsky and I liked Harkless with the Blazers.  Both at a great age of 29, both had their best two-year periods from ‘17-‘19.  I just don’t have any faith in this staff to extract the best out of their games AND keep them healthy for them to make any real contributions.

Well, Mo is gone

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, shakes said:

It wouldn't really be too hard to convince people I am fat these days.  Even Stevie Wonder could probably tell just from the change in air pressure when I enter a room.

Yeah but there's a difference between 'oh shakes might need to hit the treadmill' and 'gotdayum, shakes just killed kg!'. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Yeah but there's a difference between 'oh shakes might need to hit the treadmill' and 'gotdayum, shakes just killed kg!'. 

you should wear similar shoes to the Wicked Witch just in case.  Could be a great posthumous photo op.

• Haha 3