• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 Hawks Training Camp News and Notes - 09/24/22

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Your choice not to like Aaron Holiday, but do you have to call him an Ahol? 
🙂

Okay okay - AHoli 😄

He was good. He plays defense, had a block at the rim, couple deflections and he can get downhill in transition and finish at the rim. He had 3 steals.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

The arena erupted on this play...he had them.on skates then pulled a step back three - swish!

I was surprised by JHol's handle - I thought he'd be more like TSnell, strictly CnS - he's not spectacular, just better than I remember.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

Your choice not to like Aaron Holiday, but do you have to call him an Ahol? 
🙂

She's resisted ADay for whatever reason. Maybe it's a reaction to BogBog, which she also doesn't like.

So, I was thinking maybe another alternative is "Alco"...?

• Premium Member

I've been listening to PGs and PNR players lately. 

Listening to a great PG, he talked about getting Post players the ball in their spot... the timing of it.  He talked about getting Brad Daugherty the ball in the post and waiting for Brad to get in position to pound the ball 5 times before he goes up with it.  It was interesting, I used to watch the Cavs and you would not have known that there was a spot preference for him getting the ball.   That's levels.  When I played, I would call for the ball. But Brandon talked about getting the ball to Brad as soon as he knew he was comfortable and had time. 

Then I listened to JC talk about playing with DJM in the PNR and how many mess ups there will be.   The main thing he said was DJM learning when...  The Trae to JC is a dance that has been practiced a lot.  I just watched an alley opp dunk for JC, that's all about knowing when.  It's not just throwing it up and JC going to get it. 

The I listened to JKidd describe the PNR as "the hardest play in Basketball".  I wonder if he still feels that way as a coach?

From JC on the PNR, I want to see a better pick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I formally propose that we take up a collection to start paying JayBirdHawk for all her great postings that keep us up-to-date.  
I'll send in the first $7.25 (Georgia's minimum wage)!

Seriously, thanks for all the great info and clips you provide.