• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 Hawks Training Camp News and Notes - 09/24/22

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Not to be the pessimist but he ain't playing in the opener in 8 days.  That's ok though, maybe get AJ some early season minutes.  

No pessimism here - I didn't think he would be a full go to start the season (if he was he would have had more trade value and probably traded in lieu of Huerter).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No pessimism here - I didn't think he would be a full go to start the season (if he was he would have had more trade value and probably traded in lieu of Huerter).

I think there's an outside chance we've already seen Bogi's last NBA game.   With the take foul now being a punishable offense he might decide the game has passed him by and decide to quit.

Reminds me of my old high school hockey teammate, Todd Reirdon.  Todd played a long time in the NHL, but then about 20 years ago there was a player lockout.  During the lockout the rules of the game were changed to eliminate hooking and holding in an effort to speed the game up.  Todd was 6'5 and not too fast.  He immediately retired from the game.  Asked him why he retired and he said if he wasn't allowed to grab fast guys and hang onto them he had no shot of succeeding in the NHL anymore.   Good move on his part as he became a successful coach and was even the Washington Capitals head coach a couple years ago.    

TL:DR = Bogi is our new assistant coach.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

What a humble kid.  Not picking up his option should be a fireable offense but he shows appreciation for it anyway.

If it was up to @AtLaS he'd throw $100m at him just to avoid potentially hurting his feelings 😛

1 hour ago, shakes said:

I think there's an outside chance we've already seen Bogi's last NBA game.   With the take foul now being a punishable offense he might decide the game has passed him by and decide to quit.

Reminds me of my old high school hockey teammate, Todd Reirdon.  Todd played a long time in the NHL, but then about 20 years ago there was a player lockout.  During the lockout the rules of the game were changed to eliminate hooking and holding in an effort to speed the game up.  Todd was 6'5 and not too fast.  He immediately retired from the game.  Asked him why he retired and he said if he wasn't allowed to grab fast guys and hang onto them he had no shot of succeeding in the NHL anymore.   Good move on his part as he became a successful coach and was even the Washington Capitals head coach a couple years ago.    

TL:DR = Bogi is our new assistant coach.

He didn't have major knee surgery or anything. But the NBA season very, very long, and there's no point in rushing things. I would be surprised if this turned into a Kris Dunn type situation. Dont think we would have traded Kevin if they thought Bogi could be done.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He didn't have major knee surgery or anything. But the NBA season very, very long, and there's no point in rushing things. I would be surprised if this turned into a Kris Dunn type situation. Dont think we would have traded Kevin if they thought Bogi could be done.

I'm not saying he's done cause of the knee surgery.  I'm saying he's done because of the change in the take foul rule.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

What a humble kid.  Not picking up his option should be a fireable offense but he shows appreciation for it anyway.

I'm sure the kid's attorney whose car he smacked is especially thrilled. 😉

• Haha 2

SHAKES:  Nope.  He's not finished as of yet.  He's too good at hitting that three ball.  Getting ready to play after surgery takes time.  Hawks have time.  Too many pretty good young players to make it a must that he hurry back.

I'm not giving up on him until he returns.  If he can't hack it then, fine, he's gone.  Patience.

🧑‍🔧

• Like 1