• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 Hawks Training Camp News and Notes - 09/24/22

JayBirdHawk

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So you have an all star back up point guard, Serviceable wings like Bogi and holiday,  top 6 pick in Okungwu and a serviceable big in Kaminisky and they are not contending bench?  A Holiday is even serviceable as the 11th man.  What does Milwaukee's bench look like in comparison?

This sprung a thought 💭! To the create a new message board!!!! Annnnnndddd guess what it’ll be a poll! (Not a pole) 

Bandz to make her.. :laugh:

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Our bench is such an unknown (for me) so I'm looking forward to seeing how they do.  

I agree with those who think the bench concerns are nothing to worry about.  Why?  DM or Trae will be at the helm for at least 40-44 minutes a night.  

Meaning when starters are sitting there will be a pick and roll going with Okongwu and DM while kicking out to shooters Bogi and Justin Holiday.  

We’re used to an all bench lineup that plays 18 minutes a night.  It won’t be like that next year.  They might stagger Collins time with some of the bench as well.  

***Basically what PB said

Edited by Final_quest

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

We’re used to an all bench lineup that plays 18 minutes a night.  It won’t be like that next year.  They might stagger Collins time with some of the bench as well.  

Weeeeelll - I wouldn't be so sure that Nate is not gonna have his all -bench lineup somewhere in his back pocket.  At last night's open practice - he said he simulated the game scenarios by having the starters on one team and the 1st bench unit as the starters for the other team.  Said he did not have them mix and match to simulate game experience.

Red team - Trae, AHoli (in place of Murray), Hunter, JC, Cap

Black team - Etienne (in place of AHoli), Tyrese, JHoli, JJ and OO

From what I saw of Aaron - I think he will get at least 12 minutes a game as the backup PG

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Some of y'all love to create a crisis when there isn't one.  In what world do you think that Murray will strictly play shooting guard?  Heck that's the Hawk's biggest concern that he would struggle at that position.  You know as well as the rest of the basketball universe that Trae or Murray will run point 100% of the point guard minutes available.  Plus that ain't even close to being our bench players or even active players on game day

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I don't know what you're saying.  I agree we are stacked at PG.  But who are our proven backups at 2,3,4?  We got Bogi (currrently hurt), AJ (rookie currently hurt), Holiday, JJ (barely played in the NBA).   That's not a contender level bench imo. 

The biggest concern that I saw last night with the bench was lack of chemistry.  Lots of miscommunications which should get better the more they play.  Bogi (when he is available) and OO are the only 2 returning players from last season, so that second unit will have 3 new players regardless if it's DJM or AHoli at PG.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Weeeeelll - I wouldn't be so sure that Nate is not gonna have his all -bench lineup somewhere in his back pocket.  At last night's open practice - he said he simulated the game scenarios by having the starters on one team and the 1st bench unit as the starters for the other team.  Said he did not have them mix and match to simulate game experience.

Red team - Trae, AHoli (in place of Murray), Hunter, JC, Cap

Black team - Etienne (in place of AHoli), Tyrese, JHoli, JJ and OO

From what I saw of Aaron - I think he will get at least 12 minutes a game as the backup PG

Got to be honest, I would be shocked if we played an all bench lineup for more than 8-10 minutes a game.  I think I saw that Houston almost always had one of Paul or Harden on the floor.  

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Got to be honest, I would be shocked if we played an all bench lineup for more than 8-10 minutes a game.  I think I saw that Houston almost always had one of Paul or Harden on the floor.  

Actually, based on last year, I wouldn't.   I can see a good 6 if Holi can do the job at the PG.   Right now, Bogi being out really effects a lot of our rotation. But when Bogi gets back, we might not have to put so much stress on DJM and Trae.   I did hear Nate say about Trae...

"That's 29/10 out there" in reference to how much he will play off ball.   You figure it out.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m not enough for you? :cray2:So what are we about then? :huh: Am I just wasting my time with you? :er:

… seriously I need to get off desperate housewives it’s my gf fault I walked by and was hatin but now it’s seeped in and I’m kinda :angry2: about it! 

SPUDSY.. I never say anything about what you and KG or you and  Sturt got going on...   SUPES has been here for hell, since I have been here.   And I have been here since, hell Sturt's been here.   I mean we were all over there before we were over here.  It's hard keeping these personas together.🙄

Plus, I got the rona and My boss won't give me a break.  Hard thinking about work with death looming.   But it's easy to Squawk!!

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Plus, I got the rona

Oh man that’s terrible Diesel. Hope you feel better. Rest up and fluid up. Is it mild or severe? Mine knocked me on my butt for 3 days I can’t even remember anything. Get well Diesel.

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's hard keeping these personas together.

And Walter and dude from DC, Childress guy.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh man that’s terrible Diesel. Hope you feel better. Rest up and fluid up. Is it mild or severe? Mine knocked me on my butt for 3 days I can’t even remember anything. Get well Diesel.

And Walter and dude from DC, Childress guy.

Fortunately triple Vax.. so Mild I think.  First thought it was a cold... no fever, no loss of senses.... Has some strong coughin fits but since I got the free paxlovid...(well having insurance helps) ...coughin down. Just a lot of throat clearing and soar abs.  Told my wife, the coughin is going to give me abs of steel... finally!

Thanks.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Fortunately triple Vax.. so Mild I think.  First thought it was a cold... no fever, no loss of senses.... Has some strong coughin fits but since I got the free paxlovid...(well having insurance helps) ...coughin down. Just a lot of throat clearing and soar abs.  Told my wife, the coughin is going to give me abs of steel... finally!

Thanks.

:laugh: Funny. An 8 pack!  Get well soon guy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

SPUDSY.. I never say anything about what you and KG or you and  Sturt got going on...   SUPES has been here for hell, since I have been here.   And I have been here since, hell Sturt's been here.   I mean we were all over there before we were over here.  It's hard keeping these personas together.🙄

Plus, I got the rona and My boss won't give me a break.  Hard thinking about work with death looming.   But it's easy to Squawk!!

Get well soon, Diesel. Glad that your triple vaxxed. I hope recovery is super quick.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Diesel said:

Thanks.

Glad you are feeling better....hope you get those abs. :laugh1:

• Like 1