• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Top to Bottom is this the most talented team we have ever had?

Wurider05

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Which one? I liked the old school Day/Mayberry backcourt. For some reason I wanted Lee Mayberry for us. I was really enthralled with the guy as a kid lol. Didn’t pan out.

OF COURSE it was Day/Mayberry.....  with THIN Oliver Miller 

Then the Next year, they reloaded with  Big Headed Corliss Williamson.

9 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Well that was fun while it lasted.  Turns out we're not as talented as this team.  

image.png😏

That team has good coaching and better Chemistry... as far as talent...  we'll get there.  By April, it will be a different story. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Diesel said:

OF COURSE it was Day/Mayberry.....  with THIN Oliver Miller 

Then the Next year, they reloaded with  Big Headed Corliss Williamson.

I actually went to their NCAA tourney game in the Omni.  Watched them clinch Sweet 16.  I think I had Todd Day sign my program.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 11/8/2022 at 12:49 AM, Wurider05 said:

We got some talent and our young guys all have that dog in them and can produce. Is this the most talented team that we have ever had? 

After last night, it's hard to say "no."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As far as I’ve been a fan, I’d say yes. I don’t really know about the Pistol 🔫 Pete and Hudson days? 2 superstars there but not really sure how good the frontcourt players were at that time. 

Again ever since I started mid 80’s I’d say ya. I mean we had a dominant backcourt D with Mookie and Augmon and there was Nique, that was talent to me, then you had Mookie, Smitty and Deke, I’d say that might be tied with this one perhaps? Thoughts? We had 3 all stars there but nothing as far as a bench. This team has the backcourt, and some young fellas coming in hard oozing with potential if given the time. (OO AJ JJ CULVER KREJ) these dudes can ball specially in open court situations. 

I have the following:

1988- 8.6/10

1993 (pre NIQUE :angry2:) 9.1/10

1997 8.7/10

*2015 (team was excellent; not the individual talent; sum of our parts great that year)

2019 8.9/10

2022 ? (Hoping it ends up at 9.2 or higher; a championship this year obviously is a 10/10) AS OF NOW; talent alone.. 8.8 for me. Maybe 8.9. We are deep with talent but also have 2 all stars/superstars.

4 hours ago, sturt said:

After last night, it's hard to say "no."

Dang roller coaster 🎢 ride I tell ya. :sad:

• Premium Member

Since the Nique years...

1.  Nique, Moses, Doc and Theus was actually a very strong team.  Just not primed right. 

2.  JJ, JSmove, Jcraw, Horford, and JT.. was a very strong combination.  

3.  Our other ECF team was pretty good. 

4.  The team that boasted Mookie, Deke, and Smitty... Hard to beat them too.