• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I believe !

• Premium Member

I'm 100% with you. I wouldn't be upset if we made a move for a sniper, but I think these guys can shoot.

As far as coaching, I like Nate. I like him a lot...but I think he needs a better offensive assistant. Honestly, I think that would be a good compromise. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Wretch said:

As far as coaching, I like Nate. I like him a lot...but I think he needs a better offensive assistant.

Houston Rockets finalizing deal for Mike D'Antoni

If Nate were to hire D'Antoni as his Offensive Assistant and let him run the offense... Damn!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Beating a bottom dweller means nothing. This team needs changes.

HOWEVER, Clint is a huge part of this team dynamic and that was further proof.

We lost big leads in three games and had an opportunity to win them all.  We're not getting blown out and only winning against bottom dwellers.  We've won against some good teams as well.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, AHF said:

Or if the Hawks had just kept the pick that was used to draft him instead of selling it.  I think he will be like his dad in that he will be impactful off the bench but too thin to be a true starter.

Yeah.  He wasn't very impactful last night.  I'm fine with him not being on my team and trying to figure out a position he can play effectively. 

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah.  He wasn't very impactful last night.  I'm fine with him not being on my team and trying to figure out a position he can play effectively. 

That's because his entire skill set isn't being used.  He's a good enough passer to be used in the high post to run offense through, similar to how Draymond Green is used, or more notably, Boris Diaw.

7 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Beating a bottom dweller means nothing. This team needs changes.

HOWEVER, Clint is a huge part of this team dynamic and that was further proof.

Beating a bottom dweller means the same thing as beating an elite team.  It's +1 in the win column.

As for change . . . it's coming on Dec 13th.

See the source image

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

We lost big leads in three games and had an opportunity to win them all.  We're not getting blown out and only winning against bottom dwellers.  We've won against some good teams as well.  

what good teams have we beaten?

Milwaukee at home without Middleton is probably our best win.

New Orleans at home in OT probably our next best win.

Beat Philly with no Harden and then lost to them 2 days later.

Beat Milwaukee again only this time they were without 2 all stars instead of 1

Beat Toronto in OT at home without Siakiim 

Not really seeing a plethora of quality wins there.   Milwakee down Middleton is about it.  Every other win vs a good team was when that team was missing at least one all star except the NOP win and that was in OT at home.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's because his entire skill set isn't being used.  He's a good enough passer to be used in the high post to run offense through, similar to how Draymond Green is used, or more notably, Boris Diaw.

I trust you as much as anyone around here but is that really true?  I haven't seen that.  I only see him shoot and, very impressively, take guys off the dribble when he has a huge size advantage.  which is often.    But can you afford to have him trying to guard bigs?

3 hours ago, shakes said:

what good teams have we beaten?

Milwaukee at home without Middleton is probably our best win.

New Orleans at home in OT probably our next best win.

Beat Philly with no Harden and then lost to them 2 days later.

Beat Milwaukee again only this time they were without 2 all stars instead of 1

Beat Toronto in OT at home without Siakiim 

Not really seeing a plethora of quality wins there.   Milwakee down Middleton is about it.  Every other win vs a good team was when that team was missing at least one all star except the NOP win and that was in OT at home.

We beat Sacramento on a 7 game win streak as well.  I don't minimize beating Giannis or Embiid.  

• Like 3

22 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's starting to get scary.

Imagine if the Hawks would've taken a flyer on him when he was a free agent?  The Magic got him for 2 seasons at 4.4 mill total. Talk about high value.

He was right there in the 2nd rd for us..But we moved up for your boy Bruno.. Just another Schlenk mistake.. Nothing new.. smh

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

He was right there in the 2nd rd for us..But we moved up for your boy Bruno.. Just another Schlenk mistake.. Nothing new.. smh

Hah, like he wasn't available to any team in the NBA that wanted him.  I guess there are 30 other GMs who made this same mistake.

2 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Hah, like he wasn't available to any team in the NBA that wanted him.  I guess there are 30 other GMs who made this same mistake.

Dude our GM hasnt found a 2nd rd steal/gem/etc in his entire tenure... I dont care about other teams... lol

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

We beat Sacramento on a 7 game win streak as well.  I don't minimize beating Giannis or Embiid.  

you don't minimize beating Giannis or Embiid when they are playing without Middleton, Holiday, Harden and Maxey?  🤨

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, terrell said:

Dude our GM hasnt found a 2nd rd steal/gem/etc in his entire tenure... I dont care about other teams... lol

He has found a bunch of mid-first-round gems.  I'll take AJ Griffin, John Collins, Kevin Huerter, Jalen Johnson with picks 16, 19, 19 and 20 every day of the week.

2nd round picks are 95% busts as it is so my expectation is that GMs will miss on them most of the time.  Getting one is a nice stroke of good luck.  (If other GMs didn't see huge warts on those guys they wouldn't be passed on at least 30 times before being picked.)

• Like 3