• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Reddish is a bust.

Vol4ever

Knicks looking to trade him again?  Man.

I'd still go back and draft him because he was worth taking a look at IMO and he showed enough flashes to see the potential on why we gave him a chance.  Lucky for us, we got a look at him and still got a first round pick back for him.

I think the most he can hope for is to be a solid bench player in this league, which I think is attainable.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, AUhawksfan said:

I'd still go back and draft him because he was worth taking a look at IMO and he showed enough flashes to see the potential on why we gave him a chance.  Lucky for us, we got a look at him and still got a first round pick back for him.

I think the most he can hope for is to be a solid bench player in this league, which I think is attainable.

I still think the rationale for taking him makes sense but there is no way I would go back and draft him if we had a second bite at the apple.  Tyler Herro, Brandon Clarke, Cameron Johnson, etc. would all be wayyyy higher if I could go back.

• Like 3

If only.  He has the God given ability.  Somehow, his thinking is a mess.  He sincerely believes that he is better than a good bench player.  With lots of work and an adjustment of his thinking, he could be this.

Send them a second round pick and take him back.  Couldn't hurt.  Might help> You never know!

😉

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Swap Cam with JH after the game...lol

FjZarTFXEAAlV63.jpg.93f36a1f9f64788cf6d2115ba3bd5dc7.jpg

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, txsting said:

But the scary thing is, by RAPTOR stats, you can hardly differentiate Reddish and Hunter if you put their numbers side by side.  Hunter just isn't bringing it on the offensive end, and his defensive reputation exceeds his production.

Rebounds...

On a second note... We'd probably never go back to Cam because he  seemed to be a bit of a lockerroom cancer.

• Like 2

• Moderators

The Knicks declined to make Reddish available to reporters for three straight media availabilities, including Wednesday morning ahead of a game against his former team, the Hawks. After his Sunday DNP, Garden security — at the direction of Knicks PR — withheld media from entering the locker room until well after the 15 minutes required by the NBA.

Reddish, who is averaging 8.4 points in 21.9 minutes, had already left.

Thibodeau defended the trade with the Hawks, who used the pick from the Knicks to deal for All-Star Dejounte Murray.

“We wanted to get a look at it. And there’s still time,” Thibodeau said. “That’s all part of the league. You always look at all the possibilities of how you think you can improve your team. And you can’t be afraid to take chances. There were some real good things that he’s done, so that’s the way we approach it.”

RJ Barrett, who was teammates with Reddish at Duke, said his advice to his buddy is stay ready.

“You never know what happens,” Barrett said. “There’s been so many changes already [to the rotation]. So stay ready so you don’t have to get ready. That’s my boy so I always support Cam. We’ll see what happens.

~lw3

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, Alf said:

Dude should have stayed in school a bit longer to improve his game. Will never be anything in the NBA, might as well head to Europe.

If he adjusts his mindset and stop trying to be 'The NEXT' and settle into a 3 and D role, he still has some value.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, txsting said:

But the scary thing is, by RAPTOR stats, you can hardly differentiate Reddish and Hunter if you put their numbers side by side.  Hunter just isn't bringing it on the offensive end, and his defensive reputation exceeds his production.

That's because Hunter is solid, but a low energy player.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Cam needed to do what JJ Reddick said:

"Outperform the role you are assigned. No skipping steps."

He wanted to jump ahead without the play to back it up.  I just didn't understand him asking for a trade after the team got to the ECF without him for most of the playoffs and through the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. He got some really BAD ADVISE from his handlers.

He did this, and tried to maximize his value.   I agree that he got bad advise.

LOL @ all of the talking when he made his first few shots.

Crazy talented but felt like he already showed it in high school and AAU. Thought he deserved higher in the rotation and offensive flow even though he never consistently performed at this level. That's all on the advice he's receiving from those closest to him. It's hard to humble a man that has yes men in his corner telling him everything he wants to hear. 

• Thanks 1