• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's about to get rough....

Diesel

As long as prevent a long losing streak from happening, we're OK.

We've gone through this the past 2 seasons with people out.   This will be the time ( win or lose ) that people start to get more reps that they normally wouldn't get.  Some will figure things out, and become better players.  Some won't.

I just need Trae to be as aggressive as possible, while still dishing out passes to get teammates wide open looks at the basket or easy layups/dunks at the rim.

If I'm Nate, I'm putting Trae on Kyrie, just to throw the flow of the Nets offense off.  If the Nets see that, they'll try to attack Trae as much as possible.  And if they do that, it keeps the ball out of Durant's hands a little bit more.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Last time we played the nets was one of the few where i thought Nate outcoached someone and it led to victory.   Basically let KD/kyrie go for 55/31 not letting anyone else beat us but in the fourth doubled and tripled KD and he absolutely couldn't make a decent pass out.  Took just 6 shots in the 4th with no FTs.  Hawks won by 7.  

• Like 4

Misleading!  "About to be" has already arrived.  Hawks are counting on bench players and G League players to carry them for the next several games.  Trae is in a full season slump.  Things he could do before, he can't do now.  Shots that always hit a high % of are way down

Bogie, who we've counted on for his 3's in the past, went 0-10 in our latest loss.  Hawks have recalled Tyrese Martin, hoping his scoring in the G League will carry over.  We're hoping he gets the opportunity to try.

Trae was ill but quickly recovered.  He and Clint are the only starters available.  

🥲

• Like 3

We also got Orlando twice, the Hornets, and the Pistons in the stretch of the next 5 after that.  It all evens out.  That easy-ass 5 game slate to start the season is paying dividends now. It got pretty tough after that.  Two comfortable wins versus Denver and Milwaukee looking like the signatures so far.

Edited by benhillboy

Team effort. You gotta pass the rock around to the open guy. I know it’s a cliche and it’s been said for years but I swear it works.

The ball 🏀 moves faster than the man 👨.

Pass the rock 🪨, the ball knows who should take the shot. It’s like a wave 🌊 when it peaks then crashes.. it’s all part of a working machine. No shortcuts no hero ball and Bogi…

I realize shooters shoot and this is like an audition for the playoffs and whatnot, but you can’t go 3-16 and expect us to have a chance.

MOVE THE ROCK 🪨. @lethalweapon3’s fav pastime 😉 

WATCHEEEEEMMMM SWAAANNNGGG WATCHEEEMMMMM SWAAAAANNNG.

Swing the ball…please.. 

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Remember this is a family foru...

Oh fml 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, swanlee said:

Yea this is the part of the season we dig ourself in a hole and limp into the play in and lose.

That's the spirit.

• Haha 2

I just wanted to pop in and say that it does appear we are due for another one of our patented losing spells where we dig ourselves in a hole that we spend the remainder of the season climbing out of.

Hopefully things don't get too toxic around here, but I have seen this story play out enough times in the Trae Young era to know what's about to go down.

Somewhere in between the New Year and All Star Break is when we will try to turn thing back on.

Praying for Hawks nation until then.

See ya!

#gohawks

• Like 1