• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The next 8 games will determine if Hunter can get 30 rebounds

shakes

• Premium Member

8 games, pretty much all vs crappy teams.   Hunter is averaging 3.8 boards per game.   8 x 4 = 32.   

So here is the betting question.

Over/under, Hunter gets 30 rebounds between now and the end of 2022?

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

This is kinda the issue with Hunter, right?  He has good positional half court defense, and he is an average scorer, but he doesn't really do much else.  Imagine if he played with the same energy we see Culver come in with.  He is a wonderful piece on paper, but it has never really translated well onto the court.  I've always been a believer in his development, but I'm afraid after 4 years in college and now his 4th year in the NBA, there might not be much more upside, other than getting into an offensive system that benefits everyone.

image.png

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This is kinda the issue with Hunter, right?  He has good positional half court defense, and he is an average scorer, but he doesn't really do much else.  Imagine if he played with the same energy we see Culver come in with.  He is a wonderful piece on paper, but it has never really translated well onto the court.  I've always been a believer in his development, but I'm afraid after 4 years in college and now his 4th year in the NBA, there might not be much more upside, other than getting into an offensive system that benefits everyone.

image.png

I honestly hope we move on from Hunter after the season. He is a good wing defender and a good catch and shoot guy. That's it. He's a literal 3 & D player that we are paying a fortune to be more than that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Over.  With no Murray and no JC for a chunk of those games, he should easily clear this bar.  Even with them he should clear it.

*checks box score from the last game, confirming no JC or Murray.

*checks Hunter's rebound total from that game

🤔

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I honestly hope we move on from Hunter after the season. He is a good wing defender and a good catch and shoot guy. That's it. He's a literal 3 & D player that we are paying a fortune to be more than that.

And how do you suppose we do that? We're already having problems moving JC contract...

Those 2 extensions should be a fireable offense imo....

Just why?? At least let him play out the season....

They'll never live up to those deals imo....

Hope Im wrong..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Sothron said:

I honestly hope we move on from Hunter after the season.

I won't be mad.  I've been really supportive of Hunter, but I've put more energy into wanting him to be good than he shows me on the court.  He reminds me of Tobias Harris -- talented, great on paper, but no energy, no effort, no emotion.  He clocks in at 7:30PM EST and clocks out at 10PM

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I won't be mad.  I've been really supportive of Hunter, but I've put more energy into wanting him to be good than he shows me on the court.  He reminds me of Tobias Harris -- talented, great on paper, but no energy, no effort, no emotion.  He clocks in at 7:30PM EST and clocks out at 10PM

Bru if he was Tobias Harris that would be a big improvement. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

6 rebounds tonight!

he's on pace to crush the poll.  Maybe he reads this message board?   If that's the case, you're welcome everybody.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Ok... 

Hunter rebounds are like teenage boys in the 90s calling the girl they like.

1.  You got to be all alone. 

2.  There can be no pressure. 

3.   If it doesn't come straight to you, then just give up. 

• Haha 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Defensive rebounds is the worst stat in the NBA.  They should really track contested rebounds or just not count uncontested rebounds at all.   And certainly a ball that hits the floor first should not be a rebound. 

• Like 1