• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Seriously....

Diesel

• Premium Member

We all have glossed over it but here's a serious discussion..

On Jan 15th, DeAndre Ayton will be traded... (IMHO).   

Collins and Clint makes a very strong two headed defensive attack and could be an acceptable package,

Ayton is young, skilled, and is signed for the next 4 years..

Should the Hawks consider trading for Ayton and creating a big three of Trae, DJM, and Ayton...  or should we stand pat and not deal with the Headcase or mess up the defensive chemistry?

Honestly, I can see both sides and am not really moved either way (too far).   Collins is 25, Capela is 28.. so were not talking about old dogs. 

What's your take Hawksquawk??

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Diesel said:

We all have glossed over it but here's a serious discussion..

On Jan 15th, DeAndre Ayton will be traded... (IMHO).   

Collins and Clint makes a very strong two headed defensive attack and could be an acceptable package,

Ayton is young, skilled, and is signed for the next 4 years..

Should the Hawks consider trading for Ayton and creating a big three of Trae, DJM, and Ayton...  or should we stand pat and not deal with the Headcase or mess up the defensive chemistry?

Honestly, I can see both sides and am not really moved either way (too far).   Collins is 25, Capela is 28.. so were not talking about old dogs. 

What's your take Hawksquawk??

Honestly I wouldn't make that trade.   Secondly I'm sure I'm in the minority  but I would not trade Collins.  He has done it in the past and is still 25.  I dont think coach cares for John.   I would send the coach packing.   All we do is shoot threes and that's not a winning plan imo.  While I'm piling on, Trae shoots too many 3s from Marretta imo.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I do think it's worth the discussion. I, like you, don't feel strongly one way or another but I'm open to it. 

DA is probably the best overall talent between Cap/JC/Dre... but his personality is a big risk, and we have those issues already. But if you consider the front office knows better than us who the true source of friction is, perhaps they would ship that person. But the most sensible person to swap for Ayton would be Capela.... but I see no reason to believe he's a cause for issues in our locker room. He's one of our leaders. 

All I'm saying is, I'm expecting DA to be traded after January 15th because clearly he wasn't happy that he had to settle for letting PHO match his only offer and clearly coach still butts heads with him. Add that Jae needs to be traded and hasn't yet.... well that suggests they're waiting to include him as a condition of receiving Ayton. We do need a defensive stretch 4... and our FO seems to like salary relief....

Something to keep an eye on....

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Not saying I would do this trade but theoretically wouldn’t this work:

JC 25mil + Clint 18 mil for

Ayton 33mil + Crowder 10mil

Does this make us any better in the end? 

Not in my opinion

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That's what we're talking about. 

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Short term it's a wash but it leaves us with only Ayton after this season, and them with CC and JC locked up during good years of their career. I feel like they'd have to throw us 1sts to replenish those owed to SA... otherwise they clearly win the trade in the long run. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, warcore said:

Short term it's a wash but it leaves us with only Ayton after this season, and them with CC and JC locked up during good years of their career. I feel like they'd have to throw us 1sts to replenish those owed to SA... otherwise they clearly win the trade in the long run. 

Ayton is a first overall pick.  A true 20/10 C.   I don't think they would want to send us anything else.  The question is can you handle the headcase.   Actually, I like our squad.  I want to see the Chemistry Develop.   Getting Ayton doesn't mean that we would be able to handle big Centers any better.   And if OO can't become a PF, then we'd probably trade him  for one. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Honestly I wouldn't make that trade.   Secondly I'm sure I'm in the minority  but I would not trade Collins.  He has done it in the past and is still 25.  I dont think coach cares for John.   I would send the coach packing.   All we do is shoot threes and that's not a winning plan imo.  While I'm piling on, Trae shoots too many 3s from Marretta imo.  

All we do is shoot 3s?   We actually don't shoot enough 3s.  That volume has improved lately with Bogi coming back.

And Trae shoots too many 3s from Marietta?

Once again . . Trae shoots the 3 ball better from 30+ feet, than he shoots the 3 ball from less than 30 feet.

image.png.d629f6d570a7d00ef67a8585c6fc18e3.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure this deal is on the table.  For me the major question is with Capela's physical condition.  He seems revitalized this year, but I would easily do this deal if we think he is on a downward trajectory in terms of his body.  Still, I don't like to speculate on theoretical deals.  Our past two major moves were ones that we didn't talk about before they were about to be finalized: Capela and DJM.

Good defense begins with communication.  From what I've read, Capela is a leader with his voice when he's on the floor.  Any replacement must assume this responsibility.  Otherwise this would be a terribly bad trade for the Atlanta Hawks!

Tell me if I am in error.

😇

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

I'm not sure this deal is on the table.  For me the major question is with Capela's physical condition.  He seems revitalized this year, but I would easily do this deal if we think he is on a downward trajectory in terms of his body.  Still, I don't like to speculate on theoretical deals.  Our past two major moves were ones that we didn't talk about before they were about to be finalized: Capela and DJM.

Well, we as fans may never know what the FO is going to do.  However, based on past rumors, this seems like a possibility. 

As far as Clint is concerned, he's 28.   He's in really good physical shape.   It's hard to find a big man with a motor like his.  Last year, it was easy for those with an agenda to focus their attack on CC.   However, this year, he's one of the best bigs playing.   

• He's #16 in ppg
  • He's #2 in rpg
  • He's #11 in bpg
  • He's #4 in FG%

Ayton is only better than him in ppg. 

JC is similar to CC.   JC is playing his way back from injury and his stats have been effected by it.  As JC gets better, he will be a better option.   Therefore, it's hard to think about making a move like the one mentioned because we would love to see our team healthy and playing togeter before we trade anybody. 

The question is... if he were here, would Ayton make up for what we would miss in CC while at the same time giving us points...

I just don't think so. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Absolutely trade for Ayton and just ride all 3 on the same timeline

Yeah, but what if Ayton is the headcase he looks to be.   He's playing under Monty Williams and playing with CP3 and has needed Crowder to be a "mentor" to keep him in check.   Now, Monty hasn't had players rebel against him before.   CP3 is considered a leader of men.  Do you believe that we would have a better more stable group to put around Ayton? Do you think Ayton won't start bitching about his touches?

I don't know about the Absolutely.   I would rather see a plan to play in place than just a plan to pay...