• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae trade rumor…Mavericks

noble

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, noble said:

I literally put the article up for you…

Here are some more articles:

https://thesmokingcuban.com/posts/dallas-mavericks-2022-trae-young-second-star-acquire-next-luka-doncic

https://nbaanalysis.net/2022/12/26/nba-trade-rumors-dallas-mavericks-atlanta-hawks-trae-young-luka-doncic-christian-wood-spencer-dinwiddie-bold-scenario/

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/the_dallas_mavericks_are_the_betting_favorites_to_land_trae_young_in_a_trade/s1_16751_38285307

It's true there are rumors.  The rumors are not true.  Click-bait simpletons are reacting to the betting odds of his eventual landing spot *IF* Trae Young request a trade.  I don't know what goes into that formula, but it's not very good.

• He has not requested a trade
  • He is not interested in leaving
  • His father has emphatically shut down the rumors
  • Atlanta is not interested in trading him
  • He is our entire box office and basketball market
  • If by some chance we did put him up, Dallas has literally nothing to offer anyone

The only thing that makes this even remotely relevant, and in the least relevant way possible, is the fact that he's from Texas.  There is a less than 0% chance this happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, noble said:

I literally put the article up for you…

lol that's not an article.  It reads like a fan post on RGM trade board.   There's literally no sources cited, no comments from Dallas FO, not a single bit of evidence at all to support the headline.   Author doesn't even attempt to post a possible trade scenario that works.    Everyone here is now dumber for having read that "article".

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I've seen 4 to 5 web articles on this flam of a trade.   It's How reporting is done now.   Just go to the fanpage and make up stuff from that.  

DON’T YOU TALK ABOUT DALTON TRIGG LIKE THAT???? HE IS ONE OF OUR BEST WRITERS HERE AT DALLAS FANSIDED!!!! HE IS THE COUSIN OF TEXASCHICK!!!!!

• Haha 2

Oh shoot I found another article…

TIME TO OFFICIALLY WORRY!!! :cray2:

Tray isn,t heppy in Artlanta, he wood 🪵 be bettur on the Mavricks. Wurd out of Artlanta is that they wood part with Justin Collins and Tray Young. Dallas would just have to send Tim Hardaway and Maxi Keebler and a 2nd round pick.

Sincerely,

Dallas Cowboys FANSIDED freelance author.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, shakes said:

lol that's not an article.  It reads like a fan post on RGM trade board.   There's literally no sources cited, no comments from Dallas FO, not a single bit of evidence at all to support the headline.   Author doesn't even attempt to post a possible trade scenario that works.    Everyone here is now dumber for having read that "article".

Thats why journalism is ded.  There will be 50 more articles written based of the stellar pile of evidence(sic) you reference.  Speaking of shoddy evidence ......

I dont know if you're aware, but there's rumors of the Hawks trading for Zion.  The proof is far more compelling than the Trae rumors(sic) as the source is literally a guy close to the Hawks organization and with knowledge of the Hawks way of thinking.

Beat that, cowboy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

You guys and gal are being way too hard on @noble for making this post. He covers a Dallas team and hears talk from other writers and insiders. I can confirm that other teams since that initial "rival execs" report came out have kicked the tires on a potential Trae trade. Fields told them to kick rocks. 

They are not trading Trae Young. Dallas wants Trae as does most teams in the NBA. Dallas has nothing and I mean nothing other than sending us Luka that would even remotely be a fair return for Trae Young. They have worse talent than we do frankly.

Sorry man, I disagree. 

I always say pick sense out of the Nonsense.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

Well that's the whole point.  Don't come here saying it's a real possibility when what it is is just other teams wishing they could have him.  

His point is valid though. Dallas DOES want to trade with us to get Trae. That's real. So he is reporting something that is true. It is not going to happen unless Trae tells the Hawks to trade me there which I don't see happening. 

He's passing along information, that's all. Classic don't shoot the messenger situation here.

In my opinion, any player worth having is subject to trade rumors.  If the player is not very good, why name him any way?  Trae is good and worthy of rumors.  So is Collins.  We've saw his rumors for years.  Doesn't mean he's available.  

:smug:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

His point is valid though. Dallas DOES want to trade with us to get Trae. That's real. So he is reporting something that is true. It is not going to happen unless Trae tells the Hawks to trade me there which I don't see happening. 

He's passing along information, that's all. Classic don't shoot the messenger situation here.

Eh, you sorta have a point.  I'll admit, I reacted to the inference maybe not the 'news'.  For that, I will apologize to @noble.

The 'news' here is that the Mavs would like to acquire Trae.  But, as @macdaddy and others have said, that isn't news in and of itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, you sorta have a point.  I'll admit, I reacted to the inference maybe not the 'news'.  For that, I will apologize to @noble.

The 'news' here is that the Mavs would like to acquire Trae.  But, as @macdaddy and others have said, that isn't news in and of itself.

I never said how realistic it was, but that I have heard the same thing that’s being reported by people who cover the Mavs. 

Im always hated on here for my Trae takes, that’s fine. I know most people have the belief he is the guy. If everyone agreed this would be a boring world. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

You guys and gal are being way too hard on @noble for making this post. He covers a Dallas team and hears talk from other writers and insiders. I can confirm that other teams since that initial "rival execs" report came out have kicked the tires on a potential Trae trade. Fields told them to kick rocks. 

They are not trading Trae Young. Dallas wants Trae as does most teams in the NBA. Dallas has nothing and I mean nothing other than sending us Luka that would even remotely be a fair return for Trae Young. They have worse talent than we do frankly.

You're my guy Soth and I always got your back (Squawk or otherwise!)...

I can't with this though.  Drop the link in one of the many other threads discussing Trae and the state of the Hawks.  We don't need a whole new topic for this - there's literally nothing to it other than another team wants our star.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, noble said:

I never said how realistic it was, but that I have heard the same thing that’s being reported by people who cover the Mavs. 

Im always hated on here for my Trae takes, that’s fine. I know most people have the belief he is the guy. If everyone agreed this would be a boring world. 

I went back to your original post and I guess maybe clarification would help.   What you thought was newsworthy was that the mavs are "looking to add Trae"  but what in your mind does that mean?  

Just now, macdaddy said:

I went back to your original post and I guess maybe clarification would help.   What you thought was newsworthy was that the mavs are "looking to add Trae"  but what in your mind does that mean?  

All I know is inside the Mavs there has been talk of how possible a trade could be. Now, beyond that or the actual idea of what that trade could look like has not been something I’ve heard. But the talk about the Mavs has some real footing. 

That all said I know this fanbase, and I know how desperate we are for a real shot at a title. But right now there is dysfunction, and the only thing we have is hope it gets figured out.