• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae trade rumor…Mavericks

noble

3 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

So Luka taught him how to shoot. Got it.

The question you should be asking, is why has his shooting improved so much versus his career averages?  I don't know the answer but clearly something has been unlocked to get more out of a vet who historically has not been even a league average shooter.  

Maybe Dallas has some shooting coaches that have helped him improve, maybe Luka's gravity has resulted in better looks for Dinwiddie, maybe something else or a combination of factors.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packfill said:

The question you should be asking, is why has his shooting improved so much versus his career averages?  I don't know the answer but clearly something has been unlocked to get more out of a vet who historically has not been even a league average shooter.  

Maybe Dallas has some shooting coaches that have helped him improve, maybe Luka's gravity has resulted in better looks for Dinwiddie, maybe something else or a combination of factors.

Well when you look at that roster top to bottom. Everybody is a good shooter.

Dinwiddie, kleber, wood, hardaway, finney-smith solid.

You look at us and we are horrible top to bottom. 

So I'm pretty sure the spacing is much better there.

I mean Murray is shooting better with Trae than with SAS but I wouldn't attribute that to Trae.

6 minutes ago, Packfill said:

Luka's gravity helps everyone 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shakes said:

naw, that's not at all where the backlash came from.

Simply put, the backlash came cause the guy said he had a source and then gave us literally nothing in terms of information.  Just a cite to an "article" that also has nothing in it in terms of substance.

Has nothing to do with people getting in their feelings cause they like Trae.  That makes us sound like little 12 year old fangirls.

Now the OP is crying cause no one liked his nonsense post.  OP ought to man up and accept that his post sucked and either bring us some legit info or go back to wallflowering.

I live in Dallas. I write about the Cowboys. Will I share my source? No. Why? Learn journalism. 

But you got mad. Be less soft or move it along.

58 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

So the Mavs have dysfunction too?  Well, I guess we have that in common.  But DON'T talk to me about being desperate for a title.  Mavs got theirs with Dirk. Cowboys got theirs with Jimmy.   We still waiting on Hawks and Falcons. 

And I'm still not sure what the intent was in posting the OP?  

Just that I have a link to the information going around and that there was actual talk inside the org. Or at least was told there was talk inside the org by a reliable source.

Then the Stans came for me. 

51 minutes ago, Sothron said:

FWIW I made a post in here defending you. I appreciate that you shared that information and I hope you share any more whispers you hear covering the Dallas Cowboys and hobnobbing with other writers/insiders.

I know some of the folks on here are openly skeptical of any insider information but for some reason you really seemed to catch some higher than usual flak for it. Don't let that stop you from sharing information in the future. I've had enough people bother me about my posts that I'm way more selective about what I share these days.

I appreciate it. All I tried to do was say that part of the rumors has actually occurred here in conversation and in consideration in DFW.

I get it. Fans want to believe Trae can be the guy to finally give this team a ring. 

Weird Cowboys rumor is they actually considered TO this season at 49. Didn’t and won’t happen, but they actually considered it lol. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, noble said:

I live in Dallas. I write about the Cowboys. Will I share my source? No. Why? Learn journalism. 

But you got mad. Be less soft or move it along.

what source?    You said the Mavs were interested in Trae and then shared an article that reads like a RGM post.

And all in all you provided nothing of substance to substantiate your claim.

One of us definitely needs to learn journalism, that i agree with.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, noble said:

Just that I have a link to the information going around and that there was actual talk inside the org. Or at least was told there was talk inside the org by a reliable source.

Then the Stans came for me. 

I mean most (not all) of the responses were about how ridiculous the possibility was that the Hawks would trade Trae to the Mavs.  Not about you or the idea that the Mavs wanted him. 

You think going to a Mavs board and saying the Hawks are interested in acquiring Luka will get responses of "that's interesting thanks for the info"?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, shakes said:

what source?    You said the Mavs were interested in Trae and then shared an article that reads like a RGM post.

And all in all you provided nothing of substance to substantiate your claim.

One of us definitely needs to learn journalism, that i agree with.

I was substantiating the claim as a discussion that occurred beyond the report I’m sure you had already seen, being a fan and all.

As for who my source is? That’s not how journalists work. Feel free to disregard the conversation happened. Like I said I don’t know how serious the convo was or if any type of compensation was discussed. Just that inside the Mavs it happened. 

23 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I mean most (not all) of the responses were about how ridiculous the possibility was that the Hawks would trade Trae to the Mavs.  Not about you or the idea that the Mavs wanted him. 

You think going to a Mavs board and saying the Hawks are interested in acquiring Luka will get responses of "that's interesting thanks for the info"?

No, because honestly from my understanding there has been zero trade discussion surrounding Luka and Cuban has shot down all calls regarding such. 

What does interest me in this case is that there has been repeated reports about the issues here in Atlanta surrounding Trae and Nate.

I do not have any sources within the Hawks org though. Hence why I only gave what I know from this end. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, noble said:

No, because honestly from my understanding there has been zero trade discussion surrounding Luka and Cuban has shot down all calls regarding such. 

What does interest me in this case is that there has been repeated reports about the issues here in Atlanta surrounding Trae and Nate.

I do not have any sources within the Hawks org though. Hence why I only gave what I know from this end. 

That's the point i was trying to make.  There has been no trade discussion surrounding Trae other than people saying they'd like him on their team and the Hawks have shot down any calls regarding such so i don't really see the difference.  But that's ok. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, noble said:

If the pundits believe that a tift between Trae and Nate will end up with Trae being traded, they are STUPID.

Thats Stupid GIFs | Tenor

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

There’s been news trickling out of Atlanta that Young could be unhappy and that he’s recently butted heads with coach Nate McMillan. If Young ends up on the trading block, BetOnline gave the Celtics the third-best odds to land the star at +400, behind the Mavericks at +250 and Heat at +350. The Lakers and Nuggets are tied at +700 odds, then the Spurs at +850, Pelicans at +900 and Clippers at +1000.

Mavs have the best betting odds to land Trae which is interesting.

• Premium Member

Now it's Zach Lavine's turn. The Mavs are a team without assets to trade for these types of players.

The Dallas Mavericks are a team who could potentially have interest in LaVine given their motivation to pair a second star with Luka Doncic.

"I just know that there are fans of him that hold prominent positions within the Mavericks," said Tim MacMahon on the Lowe Post podcast. "Again, I'm not sitting here and telling you there's some great consensus. I think there's enough fans of him where I wouldn't totally rule it out."

Zach Lowe interjected that the Bulls do not appear prepared to entertain trading LaVine at this point. The trade value of LaVine given his contract and injury issues is also difficult to gauge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Obviously there's a heavily vested interest from the league and national media in ensuring the success of Luka.  Yes, he's a great player.  But, it doesn't mean much until it translates into team success.  So of course there'll be talk about trying to get another star there to support that agenda.  It won't be Trae, unless the league rewards the Hawks with the number one pick in the draft like they did for the Pelicans to help get Anthony Davis to LA to help LeBron (oops that slipped 😅).  So if the Mavs don't make the playoffs, I wonder what the chances will be that they suprisingly get one of those top draft slots the same way the Lakers did lolol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2