• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

And Here We Go (Coach McMillan)

Jody23

22 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

How does stuff like this get out?  You got a guy who now everyone knows may not want to be here leading our team? There is some funny business going on around here and I don't like it a bit. Somebody in management is leaking this stuff. 

As I see this "news", I'm reminded of something Matt Barnes and Jelani McCoy said on their podcast w.r.t. McMillan.  They said, if he goes, he's gonna burn it all down on his way out.  Stte.

They obviously had axes to grind against him so take it with a huge grain of salt, but it seems they may have been prophetic?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

As I see this "news", I'm reminded of something Matt Barnes and Jelani McCoy said on their podcast w.r.t. McMillan.  They said, if he goes, he's gonna burn it all down on his way out.  Stte.

They obviously had axes to grind against him so take it with a huge grain of salt, but it seems they may have been prophetic?

He dresses 👗 like a Larry Drew too! :sad:

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Nate will either resign or be let go at the end of the season barring a miracle second half finish and strong playoff run. Landry wants to bring in his own guy.

What isn't being reported is three front office people are also gone now. Rod Higgins, Stephen Giles and Derek Pierce. Giles was head of our pro scouting department and Piece is well regarded as a scout around the league.

The Hawks situation is frankly ugly. There's no putting a happy picture on this. Travis is basically gone, Nate wants out because he's tired of butting heads with Trae and the refusal to pay the LT so he has a better bench and Fields wants his own people in place. On top of that JC and his people have told the Hawks to either trade him or make it clear he's staying because he's tired of having his name out there in trade talks. 

We have been showcasing JC but in doing so Fields is now wondering why Nate can't make JC more a part of the offense. Nate is basically a lame duck coach at this point and his not calling that time out making national news as a terrible coaching decision was what was described to me by my source as the last straw. 

So unless this team really brings it together and makes it to at least the second round of the playoffs Nate will be let go. Assuming, ofc, he doesn't simply walk away at some point before then.

PLAYOFFS?

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So this is a non-story?

OK.  Let's play ball.

This is not a non story. At the very least barring a strong playoff push Nate will either resign or be fired. There's zero chance he comes back next season as our HC unless that happens. That is rather a huge story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sothron said:

This is not a non story. At the very least barring a strong playoff push Nate will either resign or be fired. There's zero chance he comes back next season as our HC unless that happens. That is rather a huge story.

So basically we have a lame duck coach that is waiting on his resort in Florida during the summer to retire? Might as well clean house now and try to build around Trae and Murray.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, GameTime said:

So basically we have a lame duck coach that is waiting on his resort in Florida during the summer to retire? Might as well clean house now and try to build around Trae and Murray.

They want to do a proper coaching search. Fields wants to get his first HC hire right. Ressler will 100% be heavily involved in this as well. After the bickering between Nate and Trae (it is uglier than the Hawks let on) they need to find a coach that can work better with Trae. You'll see retread coaches being talked about but they also want to talk to assistant coaches that can't really do anything during the season.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Sothron said:

For right now, it's a non-story. 

And it's not out of the realm of possibility that the Hawks could not only finish in the top 6, but beat any seed 3 and lower.

We're a 5 game winning streak away from this same narrative of gloom and doom, being spun into "the hawks can challenge for the EC Finals.

When it happens, remember this post.

• Like 3

Sothron

What's the deal with the three front office personnel being let go?  Also what's the real for the Travis Schlenk move?  Can this organization be successful with all this dysfunction that Ressler is causing?  And is Tony cheap with this luxury tax?  He has to understand you need to go over it to have a good team. Thanks for the answers in advance

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They want to do a proper coaching search. Fields wants to get his first HC hire right. Ressler will 100% be heavily involved in this as well. After the bickering between Nate and Trae (it is uglier than the Hawks let on) they need to find a coach that can work better with Trae. You'll see retread coaches being talked about but they also want to talk to assistant coaches that can't really do anything during the season.

It's a damn shame we're basically punting on this season then if that's the case, because we're seeing the effect a new voice can have mid-season on a basketball team right now with the Nets, and obviously with our own Hawks a couple of seasons ago.  I think kg or whoever it was that brought up the conspiracy theory about Nate hiring an incompetent staff for his own job security might have been dead on, lol.  We would definitely have to go outside the organization to even have a chance at finding an interim coach that could turn this thing around this year.  But in the long run, I do suppose waiting until after the season to make a coaching switch makes the most sense, because if you bring in someone from outside the organization, they're going to want a long-term commitment, and you don't want to rush that kind of decision.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, Sothron said:

What isn't being reported is three front office people are also gone now. Rod Higgins, Stephen Giles and Derek Pierce. Giles was head of our pro scouting department and Piece is well regarded as a scout around the league.

Why were the front office personnel let go?  Money or difference in philosophy?

• Like 2