• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bold Prediction: Steve Nash will be the Hawks next coach

JTB

I’m probably stating the obvious because when it was first mentioned I didn’t think about all the positives Steve Nash would bring to Atlanta though he’s probably not a top option for the hardcore fans.

Either way , I’m going to make a bold statement and say that Nash is the next coach of Atlanta IF he wants the job! He’s the one coach that has special positives over others. Personally i prefer Snyder but I truly believe it’s Nash position.

Nash’s Positives he brings that other coaches will not have instantly:

- Trae will be heavily involved in the decision. He’s well known as Traes favorite player and to Trae the one guy he modeled his game after primarily.

-Trae has been rumored of not having complete respect for his coaches so far in his career but we all know Trae will have the upmost respect for Nash. Hell it’s already there and that’s an extremely important part in all of this. Unlike other coaches Nash wouldn’t have to work very hard to get Traes respect (again i believe it’s already there…Trae would be star struck in a way if nash is his coach in my opinion)

-Nash did not have any real control in Brooklyn. That wouldn’t happen here. Trae has too much respect for this HOF player and even though trae has power, a move like this would calm the waters on all the Trae power  and allow Nash who I think is a brilliant offensive mind get the opportunity to put his system in place and center it around trae and Murray. I am sure Nash could work wonders with trae and Murray in his own offensive system. It’s the defense where we have to worry.

-Nash is another big name the Hawks organization can market along with Trae and Murray to persuade good talent to Atlanta.

-John Collins likely will be kept and used heavily in the offense under Nash. I wouldn’t be shocked if Nash brought in Stoudemire on the staff. That would probably make JC really happy and someone he can relate to!

-Murray just wants to win …so I don’t think he cares about anything outside of just winning . He’ll fall into whatever the best role is for him.

Not trying to make the Atlanta Suns …I just think Nash would be a great signing for the player morale overall. If Trae is as much a diva as those say he is and WE know it’s facts he’s not going anywhere then I think Nash is the obvious choice for next head coach. To me it just makes too much sense and would put an end to all this unnecessary drama .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1: you @Spud2nique, have a chat with @JTB

@JTB real good…real frickin good. Now they know you my Yay connect.

ps Clean up after yourself here I know it’s SF and you lettin loose and all but you need to put the blow up bed away yourself. This ain’t a hotel 🏨

• Haha 3

Just now, JTB said:

It’s going to happen …especially if Trae has a say so. Nash is likely Traes number 1 head coaching option.

we don’t need sources or insiders to know that’s a true statement.

I edited my post.  

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

No! I hope not. 

What offensive system did Nash run besides get the ball to KD or Kyrie? 

We need a coach that comes with an offensive system- Ball and player movement.

Hell they can bring back Lloyd's old staff with a defensive minded head coach.  That was Nate's biggest mistake.  He let that staff go after his most successful season. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

But we need a duplicate topic thread! 👍 

image.gif.f86b19abdf0d1b8aae019d8cfc7dc902.gif

😂 my bad…you should keep me…excuse me your sources closer to the vest .

we will be bringing….my bad I mean we should just bring Nash  in mid season honestly…why wait ?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I edited my post.  

I think it’s very hard to know if Nash offense system was really put in place. Kyrie and KD didn’t want to be told anything. They even said that publicly.

also we all know Nash is a extremely smart offensive mind. I believe with the right players he can coach them up. Who would be a better fit for Nash than Trae Young??? I am positive his offensive system is similar to what he learned from dantoni

• Like 1

• Premium Member

“Nets coach Steve Nash’s fluid rotations have also disappointed Harden, sources told B/R,” Fischer wrote. “Nash has favored hot-hand closing lineups, rather than a fixed crunch-time unit.

With Nash some of you will get your wish. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Cries of Net Fans After Steve...

Even worse: it was clear as f***ing day from his JJ interview that he wants to be a head coach for any team that wants him. We actively chose Steve over Mike f***ing Dantoni lmfao

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Cries of Net Fans After Steve...

1. kyrie didn't just say that on that podcast. the same guy who aggregate that quote ended up apologizing by saying he took it out of context on twitter.

2. nash doesn't have plays, he just plays his stars for 40 minutes every night and pray that they will save his ass.

3. all sets from last year were MDA's work and that's it, we got bailed out this season by kd and partially kyrie. he doesn't do shit but clap his hands and use words like 'connectivity'.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

With Nash some of you will get your wish. 

Oddly Nate is the opposite.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:
  1. kyrie didn't just say that on that podcast. the same guy who aggregate that quote ended up apologizing by saying he took it out of context on twitter.

2. nash doesn't have plays, he just plays his stars for 40 minutes every night and pray that they will save his ass.

3. all sets from last year were MDA's work and that's it, we got bailed out this season by kd and partially kyrie. he doesn't do shit but clap his hands and use words like 'connectivity'.

I mean look…Kidd was trash too when he first started out and also had a star team in Brooklyn that underachieved. Kidd got better during his time in Milwaukee. Nash probably didn’t take the time to try to even design anything with Kyrie and KD two big egos that have already won big. 
Nash will likely bring some Dantoni staff with him so it wouldn’t be like Nate bringing a bunch of nobody’s to help him.

I know Synder is a better coach but for player morale sake I think Nash would do way better with a younger team and one of his biggest fans. Less drama more basketball.