• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bold Prediction: Steve Nash will be the Hawks next coach

JTB

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'll pass on Nash.

I can make you eat those words in 3 seconds...... would you take Nash over Nate?

🙂

2 hours ago, JTB said:

I’m @kg01 source too. He ain’t start shit…

Shhhhh, or else the lurkers gonna realize we're all just one dude posting under different names. 

• Haha 4

For those of you that want Nash, what have you seen from the guy?

He speaks well but as far as "walk the walk" I haven't seen anything.  I feel like we'd be mired in the same spot as we are now and as Brooklyn was - just a middling team.

Give me a coach that runs some offensive sets......please!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I feel we're more likely to hire Snyder, Atkinson, D'antoni or some other assistant coach than give Steve Nash a try. Fields needs to make that first coaching hire be a home run and he knows it. He's a first time GM with no support net beneath him and an owner that is pushing his son to be more active in basketball operations.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I feel we're more likely to hire Snyder, Atkinson, D'antoni or some other assistant coach than give Steve Nash a try. Fields needs to make that first coaching hire be a home run and he knows it. He's a first time GM with no support net beneath him and an owner that is pushing his son to be more active in basketball operations.

I don’t disagree with this. I think it’s clear that the best coach option would be to go with Snyder but that last statement you made can’t be taken lightly. Since Nick Resseler and Trae are so damn close I have a good feeling Nash will be in the final running and with a great chance to win that battle solely due to trae but we’ll see. I do think the respect level Nash would receive from Trae automatically over other coach prospects should play a part into who the next coach is however. 

that’s not to say Trae wouldn’t respect Snyder.

27 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

For those of you that want Nash, what have you seen from the guy?

He speaks well but as far as "walk the walk" I haven't seen anything.  I feel like we'd be mired in the same spot as we are now and as Brooklyn was - just a middling team.

Give me a coach that runs some offensive sets......please!

For the record Nash is not my first choice. As I stated, Synder is the preferred choice for me and to me the best available coach that’s out there. He’d do great with the talent on this team in my opinion.

I wrote this thread purely based on my fan perspective of what I think Trae would prefer since he does have a strong voice in all of this. Just like schlenk hands were tied and forced to trade Huerter…what makes folks think Fields hands won’t get tied with making Nick and his homeboy Trae Young happy ???

all my hope is that if it is Nash …I hope he learned from his mistakes in Brooklyn similar to Kidd learning from his mistakes in Brooklyn before he went to Milwaukee and had a much better run as a head coach . 

• Like 1

Young said he models his play after Nash, and thought that the head coach would have a different reaction if he was playing for the Nets rather than the Hawks, per Chris Kirschner of The Athletic.

"I saw that it blew up and everyone was talking about it. I bet if I was playing for Steve, he'd be happy. It's something in the midst of competition that he was wanting to win, and I was wanting to win, and I'm gonna do whatever it takes. I think him wanting to get in the refs' ears a little bit was just trying to help him. I learned a lot about drawing fouls from him. If he says it's not basketball, he must've been saying it about himself because he's done it a couple of times throughout his career and was so successful."

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

As some already know, Fields' first coach was D'Antoni.

Just sayin.

Dantoni age just doesn’t line up well at this point if that’s who Fields conveys. But he could sign Nash and get Dantoni here just like the nets did.

great reminder though. I actually forgot that Dantoni was Fields coach at one point. I just looked up Fields age and he’s only 34! Wow …he’s gotta be one of the youngest GMs in nba history.

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

Dantoni age just doesn’t line up well at this point if that’s who Fields conveys. But he could sign Nash and get Dantoni here just like the nets did.

great reminder though. I actually forgot that Dantoni was Fields coach at one point. I just looked up Fields age and he’s only 34! Wow …he’s gotta be one of the youngest GMs in nba history.

D'Antoni is a way better coach than Nash and he's like 70+. Nash is garbage bro. He needs to stick to covering soccer for BR

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

D'Antoni is a way better coach than Nash and he's like 70+. Nash is garbage bro. He needs to stick to covering soccer for BR

Never said he wasn’t but you’re telling me you would actually be shocked if Trae wanted Nash for his next head coach ?….it was either you or Soth who said Trae got in the way of a close deal to get us Ayton for capela and Trae shut that down.

This has nothing to do with what makes the most basketball sense. I’m simply predicting the outcome based on our star players power we know to be true.

Even you stated you know Traes game better than he does in terms of what should be put around him and I actually get where you’re coming from on that ….but the org so far gets Trae what he wants if possible based on the info you all give us.

You can call Nash WOAT of coaches don’t change anything if Trae makes a case for him and wants him here that’s my point. As soon as Nate is canned and we see Nash name on the list of coaches you mind as well prepare yourself for disappointment.

the good thing is Dantoni would probably follow Nash to wherever he ends up so there’s that.

52 minutes ago, JTB said:

Never said he wasn’t but you’re telling me you would actually be shocked if Trae wanted Nash for his next head coach ?….it was either you or Soth who said Trae got in the way of a close deal to get us Ayton for capela and Trae shut that down.

This has nothing to do with what makes the most basketball sense. I’m simply predicting the outcome based on our star players power we know to be true.

Even you stated you know Traes game better than he does in terms of what should be put around him and I actually get where you’re coming from on that ….but the org so far gets Trae what he wants if possible based on the info you all give us.

You can call Nash WOAT of coaches don’t change anything if Trae makes a case for him and wants him here that’s my point. As soon as Nate is canned and we see Nash name on the list of coaches you mind as well prepare yourself for disappointment.

the good thing is Dantoni would probably follow Nash to wherever he ends up so there’s that.

Yes because being a HC isn’t being a mentor. It's leading a team

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

Sure but what does Trae think is what’s going to matter…. I believe Trae would be all for Nash.

You make this big deal about Trae as if Trae doesn't talk to KD?  KD has told Trae what kind of Joke Nash was as a Coach.  Remember it was KD who demanded that Nash be fired.   Don't think that Trae will be wanting Nash anymore than Nate.   He prolly likes Nate more. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...