• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JC go find a trade!

Spud2nique

The Atlanta Hawks have given John Collins and his camp permission to "do their own searching" for a trade partner ahead of the NBA's Feb. 9 deadline, according to NBA insider Marc Stein.

The news comes after The Athletic's Sam Amickreported that the asking price for Collins has "declined significantly."

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Just a frickin quality player in return? That’s it? F this $hit if true. Joke.

After all these years of John Collins trade rumors, executives who have spoken to the Hawks about acquiring the veteran forward recently have indicated that the asking price has — understandably — declined significantly this time around. As I detailed in my recent conversation with Collins, the combination of his large contract and his declined production is hardly helpful in terms of his modern-day value. In some scenarios, the Hawks are merely asking for a quality player in return (and not a first-round pick), according to league sources.
Source: Sam Amick @ The Athletic

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@Sothron lets hear it. You knew about this 3 years ago but couldn’t leak anything? 

:huh: Comon bro.

Bro, idk why you keep tryna start a fight with Sothron for no reason, believe him or don't, don't gotta verbalize all your thoughts.

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Just a frickin quality player in return? That’s it? F this $hit if true. Joke.

After all these years of John Collins trade rumors, executives who have spoken to the Hawks about acquiring the veteran forward recently have indicated that the asking price has — understandably — declined significantly this time around. As I detailed in my recent conversation with Collins, the combination of his large contract and his declined production is hardly helpful in terms of his modern-day value. In some scenarios, the Hawks are merely asking for a quality player in return (and not a first-round pick), according to league sources.
Source: Sam Amick @ The Athletic

Other GM's licking their lips at our rookie FO 😭

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Smh

The whole thing smells like boiled skunk butt.  For me, Fields as GM will first be graded by the deadline, including the Collins trade, and his coach hire.  So far he's off to a terrible start.

I’m just shaking my head at all this and every day I can’t help but to say “these damn kids” …when thinking about the front office.

geeezzzz I wouldn’t be shocked if Simmons is asked back in any Nets trade. 

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is just getting comical. I wonder where his preference is to go of the teams listed that are interested in him.

Seems like it’s the nets which I wouldn’t blame Collins with KD and Kyrie there. 

Since Simmons is Traes friend maybe that’ll be a reason The Resslers pay the lux tax. Just guessing of course.

• Premium Member

Simmons is a friend of Trae and another KLUTCH player. I know last year Trae was trying to get Simmons here but it didn't work out. Now that DJM is here I don't know if they would revisit that. 

I don't have anything new to say. The last I heard was JC was probably gone off this team. The Pacers have offered Duarte and 2 protected first rounders and they can basically absorb his contract. 

Just from me I wouldn't be surprised if Jae Crowder gets involved somehow coming back to Atlanta.

Ressler and Landry are not looking for picks though. They want to try and improve this team so it seems more likely we would move JC for a player(s) making less that keeps us away from the LT this year and next season but also gives us something this year.

I have not heard from anyone that the Hawks have told JC and his agent to find their own trade but considering how badly this franchise is run nothing would surprise me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

sending

Right on.

Because it's not like you ever hear of anyone around here, especially muah, taking issue with Spud for his ridiculous takes and self-serving assumptions.

Ashamed of myself that I actually complimented you in my first post regarding any of this. In that case, it was I who assumed stupid stuff. What was I thinking.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Right on.

Because it's not like you ever hear of anyone around here, especially muah, taking issue with Spud for his ridiculous takes and self-serving assumptions.

Ashamed of myself that I actually complimented you in my first post regarding any of this. In that case, it was I who assumed stupid stuff. What was I thinking.

You try to put a trap 🪤 on me and pin me against lw3, that didn’t really work, this isn’t really working. Weak attempt. It’s like the 5th guy trying to jump a dude in a fight. Actually you would be ahead of the women and children who am I kidding.

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

ha

You said it! 

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You try to put a trap 🪤 on me and pin me against lw3, that didn’t really work,

That's how you took that? hehe

Wow. Talk about someone who's full of himself. There are any number of jokesters on this site, depending on the day and the topic. No. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz. False. You misread the post. But we have some lovely parting gifts selected just for you.

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s like the 5th guy trying to jump a dude in a fight.

It is that. There are at least four others just like me, yes. No one sympathizes with you on this, Spud. You've went out on this limb on your own, and those cracking sounds you hear underneath you is the gravity of reality having its way on your position.

You offer no logic for any of it...

Why you accuse Soth of pretending to know things you say he really doesn't (... aka, lying...) is an unknown....

Why you feel it's necessary to call him out at all is an unknown...

Worse yet, why you feel it's necessary to resist his suggestion for a PM conversation is an unknown... but this much can be said... of the two of you, there is one who wanted to and has made this a public spectacle... and all three of those factoids cannot help but say something a level-headed person prefers not to have said about him/her. (I don't make the rules, I just know what they are, and I don't pretend they don't exist.)

• Thanks 1

Geez, the dysfunction from the Hawks organization has spilled over into the Squawk as well. Can't we all just come together and move on past this silly situation? Most of us come here to read about and discuss Hawks news. Not to see a middle school shoving argument about who was right and who doesn't believe whoever. 

We're all adults (I think) and most of us have kids of our own. Let's act our age and move on. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Geez, the dysfunction from the Hawks organization has spilled over into the Squawk as well. Can't we all just come together and move on past this silly situation? Most of us come here to read about and discuss Hawks news. Not to see a middle school shoving argument about who was right and who doesn't believe whoever. 

We're all adults (I think) and most of us have kids of our own. Let's act our age and move on. 

All I know is I don't believe a thing Lucas says. 😉

• Haha 2