• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

22 hours ago, ryandauwalker said:

I might be in the minority, but I don’t think DJM fits in well enough with Trae over the long-term. I love that he is a legit #2 scorer, but he has been disappointing on the defensive end, and we need shooting wherever we can get it.

If Jaylen Brown wants out of BOS, any shot of a Brown-for-DJM trade? I don’t see how adding Brown alongside Trae and DJM helps our club - you can’t create  enough touches for either of them to reach their potential.

Atlanta spoke with Boston about a deal and was rejected on all fronts which also makes me believe Trae is untouchable because he wasn't mentioned to be in the deal. From what I've gathered and this was before the playoffs, Boston isn't trading Brown, no matter what. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Sad 1

Since Landry took over, there hasn't been any trade Trae rumors out of Atlanta. The rumors before the Miami play in was media led by several GMs hoping to get Trae to push to leave Atlanta to get him on pennies on the dollar. Obviously, that did not work. But Atlanta FOs had to speak with Trae about it and it did piss people off within the organization but Atlanta has to understand, people want to take advantage of teams like Atlanta who they feel aren't trying to win a title which isn't true.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Since Landry took over, there hasn't been any trade Trae rumors out of Atlanta. The rumors before the Miami play in was media led by several GMs hoping to get Trae to push to leave Atlanta to get him on pennies on the dollar.

This part is so fascinating to me.  Media narrative:

"You can't win with Trae"

"Trae is a malcontent"

"Trae the coach killer" 

"Trae most overrated player"

AND YET, the same Media allow NBA GMs to use them as a mouthpiece in an attempt to get Trae to ask out of Atlanta so they can acquire him for pennies on the dollar.  Media nothing more than a bunch of puppets hanging on the strings of the NBA machine.  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v94s6f2ligponouv4x

• Like 2

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

This part is so fascinating to me.  Media narrative:

"You can't win with Trae"

"Trae is a malcontent"

"Trae the coach killer" 

"Trae most overrated player"

AND YET, the same Media allow NBA GMs to use them as a mouthpiece in an attempt to get Trae to ask out of Atlanta so they can acquire him for pennies on the dollar.  Media nothing more than a bunch of puppets hanging on the strings of the NBA machine.  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v94s6f2ligponouv4x

@REHawksFan  It's now a time where media wants to be a part of the story. .. not just break the story.   There's a need for Media to be able to say... "I told you"... and claim their position as the top person "in the know".  Even if it means that they make up stories.   They have seen it take a guy who was known for eating cheese doodles on the set to being the highest paid person in the building.  They all have become clones and flankers. 

• Thanks 4

A team I’d watch that you never hear about it OKC. If draft picks are more valued than ever before, then they hold the most cards. They have enough to draft every year and trade for proven players simultaneously. Sooner or later they are going to have to do something with all those assets, they can’t keep stock piling draftees. 
Their biggest problem (I suspect) is no one wants to live there, so drafts and trades are their main avenues to build a team. 

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

A team I’d watch that you never hear about it OKC. If draft picks are more valued than ever before, then they hold the most cards. They have enough to draft every year and trade for proven players simultaneously. Sooner or later they are going to have to do something with all those assets, they can’t keep stock piling draftees. 
Their biggest problem (I suspect) is no one wants to live there, so drafts and trades are their main avenues to build a team. 

"I Believe that Draft picks are more important than Players "- Sam Presti. 

Credit: Getty Images/Hagen Hopkins

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

"I Believe that Draft picks are more important than Players "- Sam Presti. 

Credit: Getty Images/Hagen Hopkins

What’s your point here?

He’s talking about stores of value. The mystery box of an unopened draft pick is more valuable to him than the known value of a player. And that value storage is used to acquire real life players eventually by either drafting or trading. 

You can only fill a roster with players, not draft picks. I don’t think he could even roster every player if he keeps all the picks they’ve acquired. He’ll have to trade away players to make room for new drafted players if he keeps them all. OKC will become the UK of the NBA with all their one and dones. 

1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

They aren't a secret team at all. They are aggressive but they are draft pick based in terms of offers and teams wants key players which they have but aren't willing to trade. They got a big 4 and they aren't moving from any of those 4 players. SGA, Giddey, Jalen, and Chet

19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Other Atlanta news, nothing has changed, Fields and Quin can still do any move they want including trade Trae if they want and can go over the LT. So Travis has given them full autonomy. That said, don't expect much. Landry is even bigger on doing deals that get us closer to our goals and he's not as asset heavy as Travis was. Travis wouldn't have done that Bey deal. Travis wouldn't have done the Bruno/Matthews deal to get out of a bad contract in Justin Holiday. That said, Travis wouldn't have done bad deals and I keep saying this, Travis didn't want to resign JC back to this deal. His hands was forced by Tony and Trae. Sadly, this was right after the ECF so both had more pull than now. Tony after that deal, has since just let them do the contracts and he does the business. It was a lot of people like Trae's dad advocating for JC to get that contract.

@NBASupes there just has to be asterisk on this part. Like as a Trae fan I believe it but just to a certain extent. Trae is a major part of the business for Travis so he can’t just allow any trade for Trae or he will hands down be making a bad business move.

im not saying Trae wouldn’t get traded but I am saying it would have to be for a top 15 player to make it believable.

For example (NOT saying they’d do this or even consider it) ….if Landry and Korver wanted to trade Trae and Capela for CP3 & Ayton I don’t believe Travis would let it happen just purely based on business and not necessarily basketball. 

I was all for a Trae & KAT duo if it were possible but now I don’t believe that it would be enough offensively and that’s really crazy. I’d much rather have a Trae, Murray, KAT trio just to realistically have a chance but I know that’s not possible in any KAT deal.

We are pretty much strapped in terms of possibilities this offseason. I know many don’t like it but the trio of a possibility in Trae, Murray, Ayton…is still a top trade scenario for us.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JTB said:

@NBASupes there just has to be asterisk on this part. Like as a Trae fan I believe it but just to a certain extent. Trae is a major part of the business for Travis so he can’t just allow any trade for Trae or he will hands down be making a bad business move.

im not saying Trae wouldn’t get traded but I am saying it would have to be for a top 15 player to make it believable.

For example (NOT saying they’d do this or even consider it) ….if Landry and Korver wanted to trade Trae and Capela for CP3 & Ayton I don’t believe Travis would let it happen just purely based on business and not necessarily basketball. 

I don't think you follow me. I didn't say Trae is available which he's not. I said they can do anything they want with Tony's approval. That doesn't mean they will do anything. Tony is okay with the paying the LT. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think you follow me. I didn't say Trae is available which he's not. I said they can do anything they want with Tony's approval. That doesn't mean they will do anything. Tony is okay with the paying the LT. 

my bad….I get you now.

1 hour ago, hylndr11 said:

It may take a year with Quinn to max the roster potential before we get back into really getting good offers for our guys and upgrades 

Yup this may be true. I’m looking for upgrades but then asking myself realistically why would the other team trade for this player.

right now in terms of trade value I think capela has the best trade value and collins probably has the worst if I had to guess.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, georgia said:

@NBASupes

wonder if we trade OO with him being near restricted free agency and us not being able to pay him.   

also, I think we land Joe ingles or Jae Crowder.    Former Quin guys

I haven't heard of any offseason targets for now. 

As for OO, extension talk is what they been working on. They want him to start as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That would make Capela a very expensive backup.

Indeed!

Gallo was a very expensive backup too. Capela can still be very valuable for bigger centers for us when needed.

Not to say that’s the plan but if they can’t find a good trade I’d rather keep Capela to come off the bench.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

It may take a year with Quinn to max the roster potential before we get back into really getting good offers for our guys and upgrades 

remember back when we had TMac on the vet min? Wonder if something like that'll ever happen again.