• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

You are an idiot. :yes: He’s the future prototype center, nobody has one but they will come in waves soon. For once we are ahead of the game, don’t fck it up. 

Big O ain’t going anywhere it’s a moot convo.

Eh, if they can trade Trae for Simmons, I'm sure they can find somebody for OO. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

I do not want the Hawks to trade John Collins.  Why?  If his value around the NBA is anywhere close to what I keep hearing, his trade value is very low.

JC is not a bad player.  Get that thought out of your mind.  He's been run down so much people may think he's a terrible player.  Nope.  He's not as great and grand as we had hoped in seasons past.  I still believe.

Quin came on board.  I'm sure he has the belief that this team can be pretty good and even better with time and coaching.  Does he believe JC is one of the building blocks?  I hope so.

:smug:

Ya I’m not selling low, him or CC highest bidder, or keep one or both.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait, we did pay Al.  He chose to leave.  What is this revisionist stuff about us not paying him?  At what point do folks cut the cord there?  

Lies. We could have signed Shaq in summer of 96 too, we just 🤏 missed out. Barely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustSomeGuy said:

Horford since leaving Atlanta: 1 All Star appearance, Zero All NBA, Zero NBA Championships. He owes Atlanta half his salary for helping hype him up. 

I think we made the right choice. 

Multiple ECF appearances and a Finals appearance is much better than anything we have done in Atlanta. We also should have moved up to get Giannis and we would have multiple titles with Al and Giannis. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

FWIW, I read it as "Tony's given his approval for them to do whatever they want."  As in, anything they think is best for the team, they have the blessing from the owner to do.  

Just reading the context of the thread, seems like that makes the most sense to me.  As you said, saying they can do whatever they want as long as they get his approval isn't really being able to do whatever they want.  

Lol so I wasn’t the only one confused!

good to know.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Wait, we did pay Al.  He chose to leave.  What is this revisionist stuff about us not paying him?  At what point do folks cut the cord there?  

That’s how I recall it too.

i remember seeing we offered more money then Boston but Alice wanted to leave.

• Like 4

@NBASupes Horford was a contributor on those teams but I wouldn’t give him too much credit for those ECF appearances. In Boston/Philly he was able to slot in as a solid role player, which is what he always was. In Atlanta he would’ve been paid and expected to lead those teams as it’s star player. Different expectations. 

38 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

@NBASupes Horford was a contributor on those teams but I wouldn’t give him too much credit for those ECF appearances. In Boston/Philly he was able to slot in as a solid role player, which is what he always was. In Atlanta he would’ve been paid and expected to lead those teams as it’s star player. Different expectations. 

He was the best player on those early ECF teams for both Atlanta and Boston. Put some respect on his name.

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

We offered Horford more money and signed Dwight Howard to appease Horford. He still stabbed us in the back and left to a hated rival team.

I still hate Horford as a traitor for that. 

He never wanted to play with clown ass Howard. That was the owner's call. He wanted an extra year which Tony refused to give. That would have been easily deserved. We dropped the ball on Al and it will always be one of the worst decisions we made in the last 30 years. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1