• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

8 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Millsap was better than Horford at both ends.

[] Sap wasn't in the same timezone with Horford. []

Horford was superior to Sap in every way but scoring and even then, Horford is far more efficient. 

[insults redacted - AHF]

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sothron said:

Yeah...no. Not even close. Nique and Trae are legit superstars. Horford was never that. Never. 

They don't play any defense and neither really impact winning all that much. They are both Carmelo tier players. Being an elite offensive player is far more valuable to you guys than it is to me. 

Horford is special. I would say he's Pau Gasol and Chris Bosh tier. I like two way guys who impact possession by possession basketball. Horford has always been a special player to me. Only Hawk I think is better is Pettit.

You guys value excitement. That's Nique, Melo, and Trae all day. I value winning. I value impact. I value possession by possession basketball. That's what makes Bron, MJ, Steph, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Duncan, and KAJ so great. 

To me, Luka is nowhere close to Bird. He has the potential but he has to value possession by possession basketball. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I think you can make a good case for JJ or Horford being the best player on the Hawks at times during the run of that team and I do think Horford was more valuable than Sap in almost every way except as a scorer.  But at the end of the day, who really cares which was the best.  None of those teams threatened the big boys because none of them had the star power to do it.  They were nice collections led by borderline All-Star players and they made the playoffs every year but never won a game outside of the first two rounds of the playoffs.  Any team where Horford is your best player is going to be in that category (can make the playoffs but nobody fears them) because he doesn't raise the ceiling of a team like a Giannis or LeBron or other actual superstars.

I don't believe there is a case for JJ. Being our #1 option doesn't equal being our best player and he wasn't even good at being a #1 option at all. JJ is a very good player. But he's not in the same tier for me as Klay and I don't think he's a true HOFer. He was our best player for three years. Al took the mantle and honestly never gave it back till he left for Boston.

If there is a tier for JJ, it's the same tier as Steve Smith. I don't have him with Mitch Richmond or Klay in that next tier of SGs. 

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, georgia said:

If Mitch Richmond is in the HOF  then Joe Johnson will 110% be in.    Not even close.   More all star games, similar points, Olympic teams and way more playoff games.  

Mitch was just a much better player as a SG. You can make a case that JJ is far more versatile than Mitch but Mitch was a 5x All NBA player and he fit the prototype that coaches, GMs, and owners want at the SG position. JJ made more ASGs than Reggie Miller but Miller is another superior SG. 

I don't even remember JJ playing in the Olympics.