The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

19 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

If we're at the start of silly season trade ideas, why not let Murray play with AD in LA?
DJ and Collins for LeBron and Reaves.  
Lakers add defense and Collins pairs well with AD.
Hawks get one or two years of LeBron (still better than most players in the league) plus a decent two guard along with Bogi and AJ.
And, we'd clear a bunch of salary after LeBron retires.
Ownership might like the income from having LeBron too.
Not saying I'm all for this, but there is "some" sense to it, eh?
(Yes, I know LeBron would likely not be interested.)

The ONLY thing I would want off that Los Angeles team is Reaves and maybe Huchiera or whatever his name is. 

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Were you interesting in Hachimura when he played with the Wiz.  It funny how quickly perception changes depending on where a player plays.  These are Rui's regular season numbers: half with the Wiz, half with LAL

2022-23 24 WAS NBA PF 30 0 24.3 5.3 10.8 .488 1.0 3.0 .337 4.3 7.8 .545 .534 1.5 1.9 .759 0.6 3.6 4.3 1.2 0.4 0.4 1.2 1.3 13.0
2022-23 24 LAL NBA PF 33 9 22.4 3.8 7.9 .485 0.6 2.2 .296 3.2 5.7 .556 .525 1.3 1.8 .721 1.0 3.7 4.7 0.7 0.2 0.4 0.5 1.0 9.6

16 playoff games:

2022-23 24 LAL NBA PF 16 1 24.3 4.6 8.2 .557 1.2 2.4 .487 3.4 5.8 .587 .630 1.9 2.1 .882 0.6 3.1 3.6 0.6 0.5 0.3 0.6 1.6 12.2

I think his hot playoff shooting went a long way to improving opinion on him.  Not big changes anywhere else.

• Like 2

Hachimura and Reeves currently have cap holds which may or may not effect this trade as far as Boston wanting to possible add a 4th team to the mix in a sign and trade.  Beasley is under a team option.  This is the deal:

Atlanta trades Trae Young to the Lakers for Hachimura, Beasley, Reaves and the Lakers 1st round pick at 17 in this draft.  

Atlanta trades Hachimura, Beasley, Reaves and either their 1st round pick at 15 or the Lakers 1st round pick at 17 for Jalen Brown.  The cap numbers work for all three teams.  The Lakers are dealing from zero leverage as far as assets.  This is the best trade possible for the 3 teams involved.  Every one of these trades is about shaking up the status quo, which all three teams may be wanting to do this off season.  

This is a very preliminary look at this three team trade.  Boston and Atlanta might have options in this trade to substitute for instance, Beasley for Collins IF the numbers work with Collins. I like the deal straight up as is because the Hawks would be essentially trading Young for Brown and can reaccess the roster after that trade is done.

trae-young-lakers.jpg

336616639_1369471743893134_6032840671736

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap-5-23-2023-

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Hachimura and Reeves currently have cap holds which may or may not effect this trade as far as Boston wanting to possible add a 4th team to the mix in a sign and trade.  Beasley is under a team option.  This is the deal:

Atlanta trades Trae Young to the Lakers for Hachimura, Beasley, Reaves and the Lakers 1st round pick at 17 in this draft.  

Atlanta trades Hachimura, Beasley, Reaves and either their 1st round pick at 15 or the Lakers 1st round pick at 17 for Jalen Brown.  The cap numbers work for all three teams.  The Lakers are dealing from zero leverage as far as assets.  This is the best trade possible for the 3 teams involved.  Every one of these trades is about shaking up the status quo, which all three teams may be wanting to do this off season.  

This is a very preliminary look at this three team trade.  Boston and Atlanta might have options in this trade to substitute for instance, Beasley for Collins IF the numbers work with Collins. I like the deal straight up as is because the Hawks would be essentially trading Young for Brown and can reaccess the roster after that trade is done.

trae-young-lakers.jpg

If we are going to trade Trae we have to get more from the Lakers. Completely gut them.

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

If we are going to trade Trae we have to get more from the Lakers. Completely gut them.

Its not that simple. FIRST, I poured everything into that trade that ANYONE would want from the Lakers. They have nothing else to offer.  I included the only trade pick anyone would be interested in that the Laker hold.  They mortgaged their future first round picks up until 2026 and that pick isn't slotted yet. Nobody wants AD OR Lebron and the Lakers would want to keep both and make a big three with Trae or Kyrie Irving (their other option).  Second,  and this is not any kind of agenda, but Trae isn't looked at as a player that a team just has to give up the farm to get.  Third, this works for the the cap situations for all three teams involved.  Lastly, this trade is about the three teams shaking it up and not necessarily about them just having to a particular player.

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

I am not thrilled about a possibility of getting Brown without Trae.

what’s the point ? 

The three teams involved shaking it up and the Hawks get a bigger defender to pair with Murray in the backcourt. Murray slides to point guard and you change the offense to more of a motion offense and get away from the isolation sets in the backcourt. I got ahead of myself, this trade is mainly about shaking it up which the three teams involved most likely want to do this off season.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, JTB said:

The Lakers do not have the pieces in term of young players and the requisite picks to get Trae.  So there is nothing to gut.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Its not that simple. FIRST, I poured everything into that trade that ANYONE would want from the Lakers. They have nothing else to offer.  I included the only trade pick anyone would be interested in that the Laker hold.  They mortgaged their future first round picks up until 2026 and that pick isn't slotted yet. Nobody wants AD OR Lebron and the Lakers would want to keep both and make a big three with Trae or Kyrie Irving (their other option).  Second,  and this is not any kind of agenda, but Trae isn't looked at as a player that a team just has to give up the farm to get.  Third, this works for the the cap situations for all three teams involved.  Lastly, this trade is about the three teams shaking it up and not necessarily about them just having to a particular player.

Then it’s not a good trade for us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The three teams involved shaking it up and the Hawks get a bigger defender to pair with Murray in the backcourt. Murray slides to point guard and you change the offense to more of a motion offense and get away from the isolation sets in the backcourt. I got ahead of myself, this trade is mainly about shaking it up which the three teams involved most likely want to do this off season.

I hear you but Murray and Brown wouldn’t get far in the playoffs either. There’s a massive amount of offensive talent we’d be giving up unloading Trae.

murray and brown backcourt would be good defensively but will it be elite ?

is brown and elite scorer or just a very very good well balanced player  just like Murray?

TO ME…if you have Murray and brown then you need a deeper team offensively 

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

I hear you but Murray and Brown wouldn’t get far in the playoffs either. There’s a massive amount of offensive talent we’d be giving up unloading Trae.

murray and brown backcourt would be good defensively but will it be elite ?

is brown and elite scorer or just a very very good well balanced player  just like Murray?

TO ME…if you have Murray and brown then you need a deeper team offensively 

The Hawks have good players.  Bogi is still there.  A.J. is still there.  The Hawks have talent, the problem is the offensive backcourt isolation heavy with Trae and Murray taking turns taking on the whole defense.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Hawks have good players.  Bogi is still there.  A.J. is still there.  The Hawks have talent, the problem is the offensive backcourt isolation heavy with Trae and Murray taking turns taking on the whole defense.

So Murray and Brown won't take turns similar to how Brown and Tatum takes turns???

That's a coaching issue that hopefully Quin solves.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

trae-young-lakers.jpg

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap-5-23-2023-

this is so bad for Boston.

• Premium Member
Just now, Hawkmoor said:

Who don't want to pay both Tatum and Brown max contracts.

doesn't mean they'll accept fish heads and rice. C'mon Man.  LAL does not have enough quality assest to make trade for these high-end talents.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2