• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where is the "we just need to be healthy" crowd this morning?

shakes

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, sturt said:

I just saw this thread. Sorry, @shakes. Sure it was weird to not see me respond, but I don't really use the Homecourt page anymore, preferring just to scan the All Activity running listing...

So, Shakes my man, pardon the observation, but you can be so disingenuous at times. It's like you know what the actual substance supporting a different conclusion than your own might be, or what the conclusion itself is... but you just pretend you don't. Effectively, then, you end up arguing sometimes with strawmen.

Then again...

... hey, Shakes... *snaps fingers repeatedly*... stay awake now... keep up...

At others, I've come to learn, it's not that at all. Rather, you simply don't like what you're reading, and you just stop reading. You truly don't know what the actual conclusion or its support is. Seriously couldn't have survived in the world many of us grew up in, where newspaper columnists would go on and on and on.... for good heavens.... inches and inches and inches...

Like this Mark Bradley monstrosity where he was like at 250 words just on the friggin first page and you just know he wrote about 1000 more back on page 6, if not 7 too.

Picture2.jpg

Now, Shakes has advised me recently that he needed me to cut a post of mine down "by about six paragraphs" in order to hold his attention. Good to know, though that's all... good to know, and hell if I care... but it did strike me just now to go back and count how many words I'd have posted had I slashed 6 paragaphs off the post. (Thank goodness for copy and past into Word so I can just get the count that easily, btw.)

So, in the neighborhood of 3/4 of that part of the bigger Mark Bradley opinion piece that fit on the front page as pictured.

S'helpme.

This world is doomed with all these people who go to sleep in the middle of logical arguments leading to substantive conclusions being developed and presented. Am I right, @Gray Mule? Mule and I used to read William F. Buckley, I'm sure, and that was just getting our day started.

[*bleeped out comment about this generation*]

So. Addressing the topic and tying a bow on it all... I've concluded shakes has now went maybe 10 times posting things about what I've said about this topic, unaware of what I was really saying.

He's simply not read enough to know any better.

Oh well. Life goes on, and he gets to say uninformed things to his heart's content as an American citizen. It's all good, it really is.

Sturt lashing out at me cause he's mad that RGM is currently giving him a WorldStar beating  in his Elam ending thread on the general board.     They're not as nice over there, huh Sturt?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, shakes said:

Sturt lashing out at me cause he's mad that RGM is currently giving him a WorldStar beating  in his Elam ending thread on the general board.     They're not as nice over there, huh Sturt?

Yeah. That's it. RGM people. Why of course.

(How would you know if they were?... hehe... like you read more than 175 words of a response???... hehehehehe)

Just know, and again, it's just too bad about your reading allergy or ADD+D+D+D, my expectations for intelligent conversation here are about 100x what they are over there. You'll apparently be surprised that I actually was quite content that I even had a half dozen individuals engage in a substantive way. The others represent entertainment... I'm like a cat with a toy where those individual conversations are concerned... hehe.

But "lashing out at you" and being "mad" at you are not the same thing. Your idea of "lashing out," to me, is rather just giving a substantive, compelling response that nails it. And why would I be "mad"? It's your life. You get to make your own choices. I'm not mad just because I made some observations that lead to a conclusion. Heavens no. You're one of my favorites around here these days.

• Like 1

FAKEGM is for the average loser who can’t play ball but talks a big game. I’m really getting sick and tired of foos that don’t know the game taking about it. 

It’s insulting to me. It’s my craft, I’m damn good at it and I take it seriously. @AHF I need to speak with you about airing me live here on squawk, I think I can help people with their shooting. I just hit 17 NBA 3’s in a row.

I’ll wear a bag over my head with the eyes cut out only. We can’t let this go to waste we must use it to assist other.

While you’re b!tties on FakeGM eating your cheese doodles…

I’m walkin the talk. (Nobody does that anymore; they just talk about how other should do it). GTFO. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

FAKEGM is for the average loser who can’t play ball but talks a big game. I’m really getting sick and tired of foos that don’t know the game taking about it. 

It’s insulting to me. It’s my craft, I’m damn good at it and I take it seriously. @AHF I need to speak with you about airing me live here on squawk, I think I can help people with their shooting. I just hit 17 NBA 3’s in a row.

I’ll wear a bag over my head with the eyes cut out only. We can’t let this go to waste we must use it to assist other.

I’m walkin the talk. (Nobody does that anymore; they just talk about how other should do it). GTFO. 

School em, squd! 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Definitely wanna see the 'too tall' gesture.

It still cracks me up, 😆 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Definitely wanna see the 'too tall' gesture.

It still cracks me up, 😆🤣 

I’m still surprised nobody has done this in the league, I mean the nutmeg dudes so it’s not a respect thing. Lol.

But you gotta yell it with emphasis while staring into their eyes running back down court..

HEEEEEE TOO TAWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

Dude looked at me like :huh:.. :sarcastic:

I could see @kg01’s boy Jose doing it lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yeah @Spud2nique, you might wanna patent that move before some turd like Pat Beverly steals it. 

I said it would have to be him, some lil a hole 🕳️ like myself :batman:wait…

.. wuuuutt.{self realization moment}.. :er:

odds came out for the Too tall gesture..

Jose Alvarado +300

Bev the pest +275

We got a battle, don’t discount Draymond either on a 7 footer 😂 

Edited by Spud2nique

On 2/16/2023 at 10:02 AM, NBASupes said:

I will say, the last two games proved how critical Murray is when he's not badly fatigue. We couldn't stop nothing when he's drained. 

Now you're blaming Murray being fatigued for his bad on the ball defense?

This has honestly been a pattern all year.  Murray comes up big at times, with some of his defensive plays. But overall, he doesn't stop anyone.  The same goes for Hunter, whose defense is only average overall, but is vital on a bad defensive team like ours.

Murray, Hunter, Trae, and Bogi do not stop the ball at the point of attack.  Holiday may be the best at this, but even he is only average in this department.

I think the Hawks could perfect the zone defense that they play, IF they'd stop helping out on everything that comes into the paint, which leaves 3 point shooters wide open in the corners.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just for kicks and giggles, let me go through the defensive dashboard of our players, since people believe in certain narratives.

Trae:  Challenges well on 3 point attempts. 45.6% of shots made over him. Gives up about 10 ppg. Slightly below average differential overall.

image.thumb.png.a752d9fcb580b82eb3b72a39ac0fdc9d.png

Dejounte: Excellent at challenging on 3s. Giving up almost 58% FG on 2s. Almost 50% of shots are made on him. Below average differential overall.  Worst on the team from a differential standpoint.

image.thumb.png.c8a826a21260970ba5dc08f89a37beea.png

Bogi: Stats show that he's not as bad as perceived, but he constantly get attacked and gives up a lot of FGM makes.  Slightly below average differential overall.

image.thumb.png.8b4b596f2f10dc6b374ae700000c4e66.png

Hunter:  Solid across the board in all areas. Nothing sticking out as a big negative on defense. Slightly above average differential overall

image.thumb.png.76c35efcdaa9c7c2db1925ed233b81ed.png

Collins:  Gives up 1.8 threes per game from the PF spot. 49% of FGs are made over him. Slightly below average differential overall.

image.thumb.png.e44736c5ab0c8d75038a0514d490e533.png

Capela:  Gives up 7.8 FGM, but holds opponents to just under 50% FG overall.  Average differential overall.

image.thumb.png.9aa1e4c21a0a7e59834b79f6e18c6855.png

AJ:  Gives up 56.7% FG on 2s.  Overall, gives up 48% FG.  Below average differential overall.

image.thumb.png.0294c284355c151a1d48f8b06f29cff4.png

JJ:  Giving up just over 51% FG on 2s ( 2nd best on team ). Overall Differential of -2.1 ( 2nd best on the team ). Above average differential.  Once again, why isn't this kid getting more minutes?

image.thumb.png.3fe5e0b432b48ca8d71740c214b00eb8.png

A Holiday: Best 2 point DFG% on the team at 48% DFG. Tops in Differential on the team.  Above average differential overall.

image.thumb.png.0986ae55aed5e671d77892becf5eeed3.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Now you're blaming Murray being fatigued for his bad on the ball defense?

This has honestly been a pattern all year.  Murray comes up big at times, with some of his defensive plays. But overall, he doesn't stop anyone.  The same goes for Hunter, whose defense is only average overall, but is vital on a bad defensive team like ours.

Murray, Hunter, Trae, and Bogi do not stop the ball at the point of attack.  Holiday may be the best at this, but even he is only average in this department.

I think the Hawks could perfect the zone defense that they play, IF they'd stop helping out on everything that comes into the paint, which leaves 3 point shooters wide open in the corners.

And what's crazy, is that I posted this before I looked up the Defensive Dashboard stats.  And those stats 100% backed up what I was saying, especially about Murray not stopping the ball.  I didn't know he was that bad though.

And I see why Nate wants to play Holiday on defense, but he can't put him out there with 2 other guards.

Nate has to really try to promote balance in these lineups, which include getting Jalen Johnson his minutes at the 4 ( or the 3 ).  Jalen's length can be impactful on defense, especially with his ability to rebound the basketball.

You gotta do better Nate.  And you may have to hurt the feelings of some of your rotation players, in order to put the correct personnel groupings on the floor.

• Like 1

When you look at this in graph form, it really drives the point home of which guys have Defensive impact, and who doesn't.  You have to give credit to the guys who generate steals and blocks as having defensive impact. Those steals and blocks can stop possessions and turn into points on the other end.

On the flip side, you have to give credit to those guys holding people under 47% FG shooting as well, seeing that it's harder to score over them.

image.png.b7d544b81d151c2072e9b630c7ce7a54.png

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This team is screwed by three things this season:

Tony Ressler refusing to pay the LT made our bench incredibly weak. Look at our bench this year from last year. Night and day. It only got better because we made trades at the deadline to make it at least an average bench.

Essentially firing Travis and promoting his son, a 27 year old named Nick Ressler, into basically the real GM of this team. Landry Fields has a say. So does Korver. So does Trae. Instead of one voice with one vision we have several voices each competing with each other and with an owner that refused to pay the LT this season. He also refuses to even consider trading Trae Young and quite honestly no player, not even the GOATs, should be considered above trading. I am not advocating we trade Trae but the idea one player has that much power is not healthy. It is the cost of the modern day NBA superstar though.

Nate is not a good coach. He is completely stuck in the old isolation hunt for mid range jump shot mindset that nothing will ever change for us until he's gone. He doesn't handle his rotations well. He intentionally brought into this season a below average coaching staff just to make him bullet proof from being replaced in season. 

At three critical functions of how a NBA team operates we've been handicapped. We need the FO to come together and bring in a new coach. We either have to go all in to try and bring in a third star to this team (which I know is the plan) OR we should do the exact opposite. Blow it up. Trade everyone but AJ, OO and Jalen (yes, Jalen) and rebuild. There is no chance of this scenario happening but frankly after two disappointing seasons in a row this should AT LEAST be seriously considered. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

quite honestly no player, not even the GOATs, should be considered above trading.

So are you saying you would have traded Michael Jordan if you were the Bulls GM?  Let's say it was 2 years before the first three peat...  If somebody would have offered you enough stuff..  say Shawn Kemp, Dale Ellis and 2 first round picks, you would have sent Jordan to Seattle in 1990?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

So are you saying you would have traded Michael Jordan if you were the Bulls GM?  Let's say it was 2 years before the first three peat...  If somebody would have offered you enough stuff..  say Shawn Kemp, Dale Ellis and 2 first round picks, you would have sent Jordan to Seattle in 1990?

For that Bulls team, no, because  you have Pippen and Grant at SF and PF. You'd need to trade Jordan at that point in time for a great center and decent SG with some picks. 

And I didn't say I would just trade GOATs willy nilly just for the sake of it. I said no one should be considered untradeable period. It stymies all potential trades and roster construction.

That's just my two cents. Tony Ressler is never going to trade Trae Young unless Trae personally asks him to be traded. So the chance of that is almost zero.