• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where is the "we just need to be healthy" crowd this morning?

shakes

• Premium Member

What's the new excuse going to be?   Here are my top choices for their next excuse.

A.  But we're still developing chemistry with our new 9th man, Saddiq Bey.

B.   It's all on Nate.  If we just had a better coach we'd be the 86 Celtics.

C.  Other team just got hot.  Nothing we can do when the other team shoots lights out.  I mean, I guess we could play defense, but let's not talk about that.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

Are you saying that you don't see a difference in Healthy Hawks than when Clint was out. 

I want you to consider losses and wins...

You see no difference?

Do we have some shortcomings... Sure do.   We suck in a lot of areas.   But the question is are we better now that we're healthy.. Losses and wins...

Do we beat Dallas and Phoenix being not healthy?

Shakes, you're focused on the wrong thing.   You're mainly concerned about how we look in a loss and you want that to be the main story.   Well, how is it that we have won games?  

Here's the harder part...

With our talent.  Where do you put us...  Just on talent alone.  Where should we go?  Are we the best team in basketball based on TALENT?

Are we better than Holiday Embiid and Middleton... talent wise?

Are we better than Tatum and Brown... talent wise?

Talent wise are we better than Embiid and Harden?

Where do you place us??

Do we have more talent than Cleveland?

Our hope is that talent will take us as far as it can (alone) and then coaching and getting the right personnel to go with that can come in after that and help pick up the places where talent drops off.   

Is that an excuse for you??? because that's the reality I see. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I can eat my crow.

We are mid. Obviously better when healthy, but mid is still mid. We got lucky a few years ago and I need to lose that memory. This honestly feels worse than watching LeBron decimate our 60-win team in the playoffs. 

I don't think we got lucky.  Not anymore lucky than any other team.   Heck we were supposed to get trounced by the Knicks.  then we faced the #1 seed and then the eventual champ.

The truth is we don't run through the playoffs like that without Gallo and Lou.   Then we decided we didn't need those kind of players anymore.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Right now, we're caught between a push and a pull and with our lack in areas, it's hard to watch. 

Are we mid... our talent say yes.  but teamwork can overcome talent limits...  we saw that in our playoff run.  Right now, we're not uplifting our teamwork because we have lost too many important parts. 

The more players that were integral to our winning that we loss.. the more was revealed about Nate's ineffective system. 

Sadly, we didn't know how integral they were... we just saw... price tags...

This team as constructed is a poor defending team. Healthy or not. The coaches don’t have a plan to implement defensive schemes to help our defensively-deficient players and we’ve only got maybe one defensive stud and that’s Clint.

Edited by theheroatl

49 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think we got lucky.  Not anymore lucky than any other team.   Heck we were supposed to get trounced by the Knicks.  then we faced the #1 seed and then the eventual champ.

The truth is we don't run through the playoffs like that without Gallo and Lou.   Then we decided we didn't need those kind of players anymore.  

They got lucky with the matchups. That's for sure. Knicks was fool's gold and we bad Hunter just long enough so we could beat the Knicks

The Sixers was always an underwhelming playoff team with Simmons. We were likely to lose but thank goodness Green got hurt. Curry started and while he played well, he couldn't guard anyone and Matisse couldn't shoot so it made defense questionable and spacing questionable. We won that series. 

The Bucks series was us catching them off guard. Them whooping us. Us catching them again off guard and them whooping us again.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

This team as constructed is a poor defending team. Healthy or not. The coaches don’t have a plan to implement defensive schemes to help our defensively-deficient players and we’ve only got maybe one defensive stud and that’s Clint.

It can't be both Hero.

Either.. we're are poorly constructed  and no coach will change that...

or

We are badly coached. 

You can't hold the coach accountable if we're so poorly constructed that no coach can change that. 

but you can't talk about construction if the coach brings out bad plans. 

Since I know that I'm talking to the someone in the FO.. I will say this. 

A change in coaching can help the defense. 

We don't value possessions.   We don't have a plan on offense.   It's this simple...

When we score, we can go down and set up our defense.   When we don't score, teams can come down and  catch us out of position.   As I have said in other post, we are working too hard for scores because we don' thave an offensive plan.  I don't give a damn about us playing the right way if we don't have a clear plan to get easier baskets and put players in their best light.  All players.   Nate has never been good at that.   And that's where the problems start. 

Well, most of us believed that, when fully healthy, we would be better.  What a shock, the healthier we became, the worse we played.  Being almost 100% healthy, we find that we really stink!

After the lost two games we are calling for Nate's scalp.  Only problem, there is no hair to hold on to while pealing his goard head!  

Who is the head coach of the Skyhawks?  Would we consider pulling him up to the big club?

:bb:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, most of us believed that, when fully healthy, we would be better.  What a shock, the healthier we became, the worse we played.  Being almost 100% healthy, we find that we really stink!

After the lost two games we are calling for Nate's scalp.  Only problem, there is no hair to hold on to while pealing his goard head!  

Who is the head coach of the Skyhawks?  Would we consider pulling him up to the big club?

:bb:

• Premium Member

I just saw this thread. Sorry, @shakes. Sure it was weird to not see me respond, but I don't really use the Homecourt page anymore, preferring just to scan the All Activity running listing...

So, Shakes my man, pardon the observation, but you can be so disingenuous at times. It's like you know what the actual substance supporting a different conclusion than your own might be, or what the conclusion itself is... but you just pretend you don't. Effectively, then, you end up arguing sometimes with strawmen.

Then again...

... hey, Shakes... *snaps fingers repeatedly*... stay awake now... keep up...

At others, I've come to learn, it's not that at all. Rather, you simply don't like what you're reading, and you just stop reading. You truly don't know what the actual conclusion or its support is. Seriously couldn't have survived in the world many of us grew up in, where newspaper columnists would go on and on and on.... for good heavens.... inches and inches and inches...

Like this Mark Bradley monstrosity where he was like at 250 words just on the friggin first page and you just know he wrote about 1000 more back on page 6, if not 7 too.

Picture2.jpg

Now, Shakes has advised me recently that he needed me to cut a post of mine down "by about six paragraphs" in order to hold his attention. Good to know, though that's all... good to know, and hell if I care... but it did strike me just now to go back and count how many words I'd have posted had I slashed 6 paragaphs off the post. (Thank goodness for copy and past into Word so I can just get the count that easily, btw.)

So, in the neighborhood of 3/4 of that part of the bigger Mark Bradley opinion piece that fit on the front page as pictured.

S'helpme.

This world is doomed with all these people who go to sleep in the middle of logical arguments leading to substantive conclusions being developed and presented. Am I right, @Gray Mule? Mule and I used to read William F. Buckley, I'm sure, and that was just getting our day started.

[*bleeped out comment about this generation*]

So. Addressing the topic and tying a bow on it all... I've concluded shakes has now went maybe 10 times posting things about what I've said about this topic, unaware of what I was really saying.

He's simply not read enough to know any better.

Oh well. Life goes on, and he gets to say uninformed things to his heart's content as an American citizen. It's all good, it really is.

• Haha 1