• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks v. Knicks- Defensive Miscues - Hawks Disaster-class

NBASupes

1 minute ago, AHF said:

That was painful to watch.  Lots of JC AH call outs in that video.

A lot of Murray off ball miscues as well. His man defense which looked awful to the average fan was really fine, it was his off ball defense which was horrendous, playing Brunson like he's Steph Curry

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

That was painful to watch.  Lots of JC AH call outs in that video.

A game like this which was Hunter worse defensive game of the season is where I blame Nate. A coach like Bud would have called 3 timeouts in the 1st quarter if he seen this type of effort. While the Knicks game had more issues, this has had massive effort issues

This team badly needs someone like Ime who just focuses on defensive assignments for possession by possession basketball. I know it's mainly personnel based. Al Horford was the king at just being in the right spots and understanding assignments but damn man, this is where I need Nate to be better. This is what I find inexcusable 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 2/14/2023 at 11:00 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Every rotation was a step late, every closeout was a half ass effort, we never got into guys, zero ball pressure, no communication on picks or in general. The spacing on the zone was cluttered, lots of scrambling. No ball pressure or ball deny, the Hornets were just stepping into shots. A very lackadaisical effort.

This is what I said after the Charlotte game. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I haven't heard this level of disgust and disdain since witnessing @Spud2nique react to the Warriors championship run.

Couldn’t have been. I’ve boycotted every once since 2015. I only really watched 1 championship. To me, they’ve won once. That’s it. And Kyme was out. :er:

2015* scrubs

Sorry, what were we talking about? :laugh1:

Ok you proved your point now I gotta listen to the dude. 

Ps I initially saw this thread but didn’t comment cuz it’s an elementary thread, not to mention repetitive. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The poor defense makes me lean in on getting Udoka. 

We got too many good defensively trained players to be this bad. 

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I would love to know how much of this is bad coaching.   How much is fatigue.   And How much is Don't care. 

Movie Remember The Titans Quotes Leadership. QuotesGram

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Interesting how many of those mistakes were not Trae’s fault.

We have a poor defensive culture. We lack discipline. Coaching strategy is lacking.

Back to the drawing board.

Trae is plenty the issue in other videos but not the Knicks one. He wasn't the issue on D. It was mainly everyone else. Some videos, Trae got killed. Some others, Okongwu got killed. Just depends on the game and the miscues. 

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae is plenty the issue in other videos but not the Knicks one. He wasn't the issue on D. It was mainly everyone else. Some videos, Trae got killed. Some others, Okongwu got killed. Just depends on the game and the miscues. 

He was barely mentioned in the Clippers one too.

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Ehh... Looks like a fundamentally bad defensive team. Coaching and players. 

The roster needs an overhaul besides a few key young core players (OO, AJ, Trae, DJ)

Seems like the recent games were like a F-It attitude from the guys which screams lack of coaching and motivation to me.  I know there's fit issues, but it's a hard sell for anyone to tell me the team is playing up to its capabilities.  They are underachieving significantly and I believe it all traces back to Nate.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Seems like the recent games were like a F-It attitude from the guys which screams lack of coaching and motivation to me.  I know there's fit issues, but it's a hard sell for anyone to tell me the team is playing up to its capabilities.  They are underachieving significantly and I believe it all traces back to Nate.  

that's nonsense.  The way you guys are blaming every issue on Nate just reeks of fan denial, desperation and ignorance.

This team has ZERO leadership on the court.  That lack of leadership is just as big a problem as anything cross armed Nate does from the sidelines.