Not sure what to make of this, Trae

sturt

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Looks like you were the closest to being correct about Trae's situation.

sure, if you're in the business of believing everything that sports teams and players say/post on twitter.  I tend to default to the belief that people sure do lie alot to cover their ass.

So is Trae getting this much hate for how he embarrassed several High profile teams to lead us to the ECF a few years ago? We embarrassed the Knicks and 76ers, killed the career of Simmons and Trae thrived and put a dagger in the Knicks at their place.

He deserves more respect for him rising under pressure not to be derided for it. Seems if ATL teams actually do have stars that perform well in the spotlight the media wants to kill that cause our city is meant for fodder for north east teams

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, swanlee said:

So is Trae getting this much hate for how he embarrassed several High profile teams to lead us to the ECF a few years ago? We embarrassed the Knicks and 76ers, killed the career of Simmons and Trae thrived and put a dagger in the Knicks at their place.

He deserves more respect for him rising under pressure not to be derided for it. Seems if ATL teams actually do have stars that perform well in the spotlight the media wants to kill that cause our city is meant for fodder for north east teams

Some of our fans got that wool pulled over their eyes too.  Just read some of the nonsense on this board lately. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, swanlee said:

We’ll never know all the reasons for the hate he gets.  During the ECF run there were a lot of “fresh” takes on him, but he really played much the same as he did before the playoffs.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, sturt said:

Probably just needs to update his Compuserve to the newest version. Or Prodigy. Or AOL. Whichever.

It's AOL and I can't do anything till the update disc shows up in the mail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
16 hours ago, sturt said:

All that being well-taken... still curious to me that Hawks people evidently couldn't even share what Trae shares here, that there was an acute family medical situation that arose.

Sharing medical information about a player's family member can be done much more easily by the player than a third party who has to worry about HIPAA issues.

Edit: I see you did raise the possibility of HIPAA concerns in a subsequent post.  I suspect the team didn't even consider asking him to sign a waiver so they could share the medical information themselves and just had to play coy until Trae said something publicly about it himself.

• Like 3

On 2/23/2023 at 12:40 PM, Watchman said:

Trae is not a happy camper if he can't get his man, Steve Nash, at the helm.  If Trae stays, I give Quin 3 years max.

Yeah I saw that pic with the Nash jersey.. 

Maybe it was just a coincidence he decided to wear it when we were searching for a coach? lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Everything that anybody needs to know is in this 3 minutes here.  He talked about Nate like he would talk about an ex-teammate whose game didn't mesh well with his own.  There is nothing in his words or body language that suggests anything personal.  He's naturally downplaying things and putting no fuel on the "coach killer" conversation - which is silly IMO.

There's no despondency in his tone or in his facial expressions, so clearly he's ready to move on - and probably excited by the prospects of a new system [hopefully] better tailored to him and his team. 

He just sounds like a player with a job to do.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I mean...lol.

Cmon Son GIFs | Tenor

Question is, if any of us were a franchise player with a social media platform...would we not do the same or similar?  0% chance that I would not post anything to stir up the media.  0.0000% chance lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2