• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not sure what to make of this, Trae

sturt

• Premium Member

Yes, I don't know how credible Chatman is, but that is a strange statement, and doesn't give folks a warm fuzzy sense of comfort.

@Watchman I don't know anything about ATL media personalities outside of the guys who cover the Hawks, but Chatman looks to be a sports anchor for NBC Atlanta and posting on their behalf.  He's likely somewhere in the crowd talking to Joe in that picture.

28 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So you think minny would trade Ant for Trae?  

I think they would consider. 

KAT and Gobert would be better suited for a creator who's younger. 

Trae sells tickets. Ant, KAT, or Gobert doesn't as they are at the bottom of attendance 

Once you pay Ant, you in the LT for the next 5 years. 

28 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So you think minny would trade Ant for Trae?  

Trae sells tickets. Ant, KAT, or Gobert doesn't as they are at the bottom of attendance 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If this is Trae sulking and being a diva than watch the F out.  

And given the newest tweeting (see above)... it appears it's none of that after all... in fact, now I'm getting actually seriously  concerned. Could laugh at drama if that was all it was. Doesn't sound like it now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The issue is there are some on here who don't need to know the ACTUAL reason for Trae being out nor do they care to bother themselves with the details.  They ASSUMED he was out as a boycot to Snyder and that's going to be the restated and regurgitated ad nauseum to further a particular point of view.  

And I agree, the actual details don't sound great. This "hope everything continues to remain positive" reeks of some tenuous situation, medical or otherwise.  I have a hard time imagining any scenario where that is the wording if we're talking about Trae being mad about the potential new coach. 

Wish I could like this post multiple times.  Folks out here agenda-ing. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The issue is there are some on here who don't need to know the ACTUAL reason for Trae being out nor do they care to bother themselves with the details.  They ASSUMED he was out as a boycot to Snyder and that's going to be the restated and regurgitated ad nauseum to further a particular point of view.  

And I agree, the actual details don't sound great. This "hope everything continues to remain positive" reeks of some tenuous situation, medical or otherwise.  I have a hard time imagining any scenario where that is the wording if we're talking about Trae being mad about the potential new coach. 

And we can take this back to the 'Trae's a diva for turning down the all star game' narrative too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is speculation and bad speculation at that. Trae is not being shopped. There's no reason to fire Nate, then start shopping Trae after the trade deadline. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

"Bwah nah you just couldn't take the heet of our questions since we so tuff." - weak a** ATL sports media guy

Hope all is truly well.  A shame folks were so unwilling to give grace and were so eager to pile on and assume.

All that being well-taken... still curious to me that Hawks people evidently couldn't even share what Trae shares here, that there was an acute family medical situation that arose.

Then again. Silly me. Like that would stop media cynics from speculating.

You just wish people would take a moment to conceive the possible neutral or positive explanations, and not be in such a rush to be able to say, "I win, I was first, go back in the archives and see, I told you [whatever dark thing] was the real story."

Of course, let's be honest, the media is a lot like posters on sports internet boards in that respect.

We can all do better. I even began this thread by intimating there seemed something was amiss. While that wasn't inaccurate, it was a few posts later before I conceived a possible neutral or positive explanation and posted that.

• Like 1