• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not sure what to make of this, Trae

sturt

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Probably because in the grand scheme of things, it was none of our business.

I dunno. It's a very public business these people are in, and it's just not ever been that typical for that kind of thing to be that level of hidden.

Perhaps it's that, but more precisely that they didn't ask Trae's permission to convey the medical part... and Hawks Legal sent an internal memo that they'd rather avoid any sliver of a possible HIPPA violation with the questions that could get asked, and better to just eliminate that degree of insight.

Best theory I can conjure up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

I dunno. It's a very public business these people are in, and it's just not ever been that typical for that kind of thing to be that level of hidden.

Perhaps it's that, but more precisely that they didn't ask Trae's permission to convey the medical part... and Hawks Legal sent an internal memo that they'd rather avoid any sliver of a possible HIPPA violation with the questions that could get asked, and better to just eliminate that degree of insight.

Best theory I can conjure up.

It may be a very public business.  But players are not obligated to report anything to the media that they think doesn't need to be said. The same goes for the team.

The only reason why this became extra sensitive today, is because the coach just got fired and there's a vicious narrative going around that Trae is a "coach killer". 

And on the 1st day of the tenure of the new coach, the star player is absent.  Forget that the team excused him for what we now know is a legitimate reason, the media and fans viewed it as suspicious because they didn't know the details of the absence.

Once again, it was really none of our business.  If the team was cool with him being out, that should've been the end of it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It may be a very public business.  But players are not obligated to report anything to the media that they think doesn't need to be said. The same goes for the team.

The only reason why this became extra sensitive today, is because the coach just got fired and there's a vicious narrative going around that Trae is a "coach killer". 

And on the 1st day of the tenure of the new coach, the star player is absent.  Forget that the team excused him for what we now know is a legitimate reason, the media and fans viewed it as suspicious because they didn't know the details of the absence.

Once again, it was really none of our business.  If the team was cool with him being out, that should've been the end of it.

I'm fine with your assertion of what should be.

I'm not persuaded, though, that everyone got together and said, "Hey, this is no one's business, so let's just take the principled stand here and not tell them what they're not entitled to know anyway."

I simply don't think that happened. You're welcome to think it did, of course, and maybe you'd be right.

The sense I had from what comments we got seemed more like tap dancing around what they knew more than it seemed like they had a point to prove. That's all.

• Like 1

I think Ray Young provides the best public insight into Trae's thinking.  image.png.137b6a3e02a4fc2deb584b689c7b87f4.png

Last year Trae lead the league in points and assists!  He was also pretty close to 50/40/90, his actual percentage was 46/38/90.  That was his follow up after taking his team to the ECF and winning three straight series openers on the road.

He started the first 25 games or so in a slump but has recovered.  Statistically our problems have been missing injured starters and a weak bench.  

Even after hearing about how bad of a coach LP was per Chandler Parsons, and the internal war with Nate and his coaching staff, Trae is the scape goat.  Certainly if I was his dad I would be pissed at how he keeps getting portrayed.

Kyrie has blown up multiple teams and gets moved to Dallas, hasn't accomplished anything post Lebron, and somehow the media is loving "the fit" with him and Luka.  When I think of how many stars have acted like a diva over the years, I don't understand how Trae deserves this much hate at such a young age.   

How many recent draft picks have lead their teams to the playoffs?  How many star players can't get their teams to the playoffs, (See Dame, Lebron, Derozan, and apparently now Halliburton)?  

I really hope they bring in a competent coach and keep improving the roster.  Not sure what the media and team absence is about, but I definitely think this post by his dad is telling.  I'm the same age as Ray Young.  If my son got this kind of treatment, there's no telling how I would advise him.  I'm concerned as a fan for the team, but as a human to human I'm bothered by the spin and all of our fans that add to the mistreatment.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I don't understand how Trae deserves this much hate at such a young age.   

Problem is most of these talking heads still have not gotten pass their initial take on Trae after his SL performance.  Even though you hear the 'compliments' it's always dripping with backhandedness. And will flip on a dime to keep their narrative alive.

• Thanks 1

I think that there were so many "eggsperts" who panned the initial trade (or jumped on the "bad trade" bandwagon as soon as Luka showed he was really good) that they have to keep defending their position on that by continuing to see Trae as the worse end of that trade deal. 
It wasn't his fault he was traded for Luka.  Why can't people cheer for an undersized, balls out, gutsy firecracker with amazing skills and an upbeat personality?  I don't think he really started getting publicly testy with people until he just got flat worn out from all the constant criticism.  
Now, however, I think he's dug himself a bit of an extra hole with people's perception as he is fighting back and acting all aggrieved too often.  Just play hard, do well on the court, be a nice guy off the court, and give public opinion a chance to evolve.  
It can happen.  

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Now, however, I think he's dug himself a bit of an extra hole with people's perception as he is fighting back and acting all aggrieved too often. 

Put the shovel down Trae - just play and block out the noise.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Put the shovel down Trae - just play and block out the noise.

yep, you shut them up by playing better and winning games, not by posting woah is me takes on Twitter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Problem is most of these talking heads still have not gotten pass their initial take on Trae after his SL performance.  Even though you hear the 'compliments' it's always dripping with backhandedness. And will flip on a dime to keep their narrative alive.

Trae is must see TV but his style of play isn't attractive to certain hoop heads. 

8 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

Send him back home man. 200 mill non leader. Voicemail Landry get it done somehow. You cannot build a championship team around a 6ft pg. 

9 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

Send him back home man. 200 mill non leader. Voicemail Landry get it done somehow. You cannot build a championship team around a 6ft pg. 

image.gif.31a374d0eb7c24656d7e6c2f4de613d7.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1