• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you start to consider Bey over JC at the 4

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I meant throughout his career. 

I know he has played the 4 here due to JC's absence and Nate benching JJ.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I meant throughout his career. 

I know he has played the 4 here due to JC's absence and Nate benching JJ.

Offensively 3, he still guarded the 4 whereas Bojan guarded the 3s. last year, mainly 4 on both ends. He did guard 3s in some units. 

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/advanced?slug=advanced&LastNGames=3&TeamID=1610612737

His defense was really really bad going through all of the metrics. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Offensively 3, he still guarded the 4 whereas Bojan guarded the 3s. last year, mainly 4 on both ends. He did guard 3s in some units. 

Where are you seeing that Bojan was guarding 3s while Bey 4s?

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Haven't heard anyone say it, but is he our new Gallo?  

I said it a while back after the trade went official. Compared him to a less prolific Gallo or even moreso a Jabari Parker. A gunning forward from the outside who also isn’t afraid to go downhill and mix it up/get to the line.

He is someone who can generate points for our frontcourt off the bench. Something we have been lacking as JJ still gain confidence.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

If JC’s back clears out here is my starting 5.

Bey>Hunter JC stays we need his size at the 4.

93AB55B2-B1D6-4034-AE7F-506A16181700.jpeg

Bey is just as long as JC... when you include Wingspan...

6'8 6'11 WS for Bey..

6'9 6'11 WS for JC

And JC plays alot smaller than he is most of the time imo...

His help D has been excellent though...

Edited by terrell

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

@NBASupes sometimes you have to let an agenda go. You've been trying to get rid of Collins for years.  Just let it go man.  He's here to stay unless there is an upgrade out there.  Bey is not an upgrade over JC. 

1. I don't have an agenda against JC

2. I never said Bey is an upgrade over JC

3. I'd you for one second think JC been on the trade block because of me, you are sadly mistaken.

Just now, NBASupes said:

1. I don't have an agenda against JC

2. I never said Bey is an upgrade over JC

3. I'd you for one second think JC been on the trade block because of me, you are sadly mistaken.

2. Then why would you want Bey to start over JC? 

3.  Didn't say you had that power.  It's just every year you are coming up with trade scenarios for him and you've complained about him being over paid for years.

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

2. Then why would you want Bey to start over JC? 

3.  Didn't say you had that power.  It's just every year you are coming up with trade scenarios for him and you've complained about him being over paid for years.

Read the first post, it explains exactly why!

It feels like you are projecting your belief that JC is on the block because Supes wants him on the block when we all know Landry, Travis, Kyle, and the Resslers all want to trade JC but they just want what they consider fair value in return.

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Read the first post, it explains exactly why!

It feels like you are projecting your belief that JC is on the block because Supes wants him on the block when we all know Landry, Travis, Kyle, and the Resslers all want to trade JC but they just want what they consider fair value in return.

Not projecting anything.  I'm just reading the title of your thread.

Full disclosure: I probably should read your post, but I'm working 60 + hour weeks and don't have the mental capacity to take in longer posts at the moment.  I was just going off the title.  

If you don't want to start Bey over JC then fine. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Saddiq is the wing depth we needed. He's not goint to be a consistant difference maker as a starter, but as a guy off the bench on nights Hunter is in foul trouble (again) or doesn't have his shot, or Bogi is struggling (like he does quite often) then we have a guy who can play some minutes and hit some shots and isn't a complete turnstil on defense. We didn't have that guy and now we do. If Saddiq develops into a consistent scorer (45FG instead of 40) and his defense turns out to be a lot better than his advanced stats in Detroit would indicate THEN we can think about if he should be a long term starter for us, but obviously it would have to be at the 3 in favor of Hunter if that was the case. 

• Like 3