• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Electing new Mods

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

@sturt that statement was sort of equivalent to saying "Shut up, your opinion is not important around here."  It was real Gestapo like. 

I don't make the rules.

I just know what the rules are, and I don't pretend they don't exist.

In this case, you/we may not like it, but someone else built this playground, and have a rightful say, then, in its usage. It is what it is.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, sturt said:

So, you couldn't start your own competing HOA page if you and others became unsatisfied with his oversight?

Pretty sure you could.

We did start a competing page.   However, when the SEO is geared towards the original page and people who come in has the expectation that the original page is representative of the community...It's sorta in conflict.   

As pay is concerned... how many times have you contributed?  That's a second subject that you can broach... I have decided to drop another payment for this site because it is part of my entertainment.  However, don't be so quick to run to payment if the board is "Psuedo Public".   Moreover, it's also paid for by advertisement for those who don't pay.  That means that the content helps to pay for the board too. Which of the owners of the board has put up 1970 pages of content on the first page?  Just saying.

Point is... I'm in agreement with you as far as wanting there to be positivity here.  My point about the HOA is that it devolved into something less positive and we don't want that.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

don't be so quick to run to payment if the board is "Psuedo Public".   Moreover, it's also paid for by advertisement for those who don't pay.  That means that the content helps to pay for the board too. Which of the owners of the board has put up 1970 pages of content on the first page?  Just saying.

The owner is the owner.

There is no such thing as squatters rights here.

I hear ya, though. I spent about 15 years generating content for a privately-held board for my alma mater. And then, it came to a point where I was considered such a renegade, so often challenging the logic of other posters' posts, I became an outcast there. I was eventually blocked for my rhetorical terroristic tendencies... hehe.

So. I get it.

But the owner was the owner. I had to go away. And life's been just fine.

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Wow GIF - Wow Ted2 Ted2GIFs - Discover & Share GIFs | Ted gif, Bear gif,  Facepalm gif

We need some black mods in here. :saythat: 💯 I know I know it’s like the head coaching thing in the NFL, we aren’t supposed to talk about it? 

I wanna be judged by someone who understands me, not somebody who goes around deleting posts cuz they don’t understand my views. That’s my thing.

1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

I don't know what message you posted but apparently it became necessary to temporarily remove it and do an audit.

I was just simply asking for a jury panel that didn’t consist of 10 angry white mods. That’s really all. I ain’t about that drama.

2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Let your love win this one!

You are wise gramps I will.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, sturt said:

The owner is the owner.

There is no such thing as squatters rights here.

I hear ya, though. I spent about 15 years generating content for a privately-held board for my alma mater. And then, it came to a point where I was considered such a renegade, so often challenging the logic of other posters' posts, I became an outcast there. I was eventually blocked for my rhetorical terroristic tendencies... hehe.

So. I get it.

But the owner was the owner. I had to go away. And life's been just fine.

I don't disagree with the owner is the owner.   But being monetized also means that the content is the driving force.   Let's not let the balance go too far in one direction there. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

There's a reason Spud doesn't want to discuss a change in the guidelines/laws. Can't argue about the laws. They make sense. So, take aim at the people who have enforcement responsibility. Blame the cops that you're not allowed to do what you're not allowed to do. Right. *sigh*

Black, white, Asian, Hispanic or whatever... male or female or whatever... American or German or Canadian or whatever... young or middle-aged or old or whatever...

Insinuating that a person consciously lies is an attack on a person's character. It has no place here. It's over the line.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

But being monetized also means that the content is the driving force.

It is, but what's the relevance of that? People can leave and go spend all their time on RealGM or start their own site.

Using the playground analogy, it's the owner's right to sell lemonade if s/he wants. It's the kids/parents right to show up on the playground or not. The two are related... won't sell much lemonade if no one's around... but unless/until the playground owner determines s/he needs/wants to make changes to how the playground functions, it's not relevant. It's a deflection.

7 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

In before the 🔐

Oh and you know it’s coming. And you may never see me again if he’s “moody”… 

Bird 🦅 dirt… if I don’t come back..

image.gif.20f63a12cc5c1b30d34ecf396eeb6884.gif

@hazer I’m comin I’m cominnnnn. Respect 🫡 was lost.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, sturt said:

Blame the cops that you're not allowed to do what you're not allowed to do. Right. *sigh*

Got pulled over earlier this month. Seems I offended the cop in a small Texas town. Said I was going 47 through a 30 mph zone.

He was right.

In my defense, I just didn't see the school zone sign flashing, and probably because I was following the 18-wheeler too close to have a good view.

Paid the ticket. Regardless.

I'll do better.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That actually did happen. 

Thanks for that. I didn't know.

I would anticipate, then, that the appropriate response will occur, if it hasn't already. It should.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

It is, but what's the relevance of that? People can leave and go spend all their time on RealGM or start their own site.

Using the playground analogy, it's the owner's right to sell lemonade if s/he wants. It's the kids/parents right to show up on the playground or not. The two are related... won't sell much lemonade if no one's around... but unless/until the playground owner determines s/he needs/wants to make changes to how the playground functions, it's not relevant. It's a deflection.

Monetized in 2 ways..  Direct donation and Content.   Yes.. you're right, people can go elsewhere... no doubt.  But at the same time, there's a balance.   I don't want the owners sitting around saying...  IF we ex-communicate this "member" then can we still keep up the content... not even the thought of that...  But as you say what you're saying, it becomes a thing that doesn't need to be.     Just don't disrupt the balance.  If there's somebody cussing out people, address them and it.   If there's somebody who is being racist or sexist, address them and it.  It's a microcosm here but there is the opportunity to keep out the things that bring the world down.   Mule would say Let Love Reign.  I don't disagree.