• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Electing new Mods

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, sturt said:

Got pulled over earlier this month. Seems I offended the cop in a small Texas town. Said I was going 47 through a 30 mph zone.

He was right.

In my defense, I just didn't see the school zone sign flashing, and probably because I was following the 18-wheeler too close to have a good view.

Paid the ticket. Regardless.

I'll do better.

Too bad you didn't see the school zone sign.   I mean, at least it wasn't hidden behind bushes.  I have seen that too.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Haha .  . not the steroid shot.

That movie really went over the top with stereotypical propaganda on both sides.

Yeah... I had to get it in...

Who has the serum coming out of the needle before the shot??

Look like he was treated by Dr. No. 

• Moderators

I came on due to a complaint from a board member about this thread and the general tone of things over the last couple days.  I’ve got sick people in my house and haven’t been on much this weekend and I’m not stepping into what looks to be a situation rife for drama.  However, when I come back on (1) I will provide context for the issues brought up in this thread (racist comments on one thread and attacks on the insider thread) and (2) will let people have their say on this issue and try to think about the best spot for that in light of the complaint about this being on Homecourt.

Please everyone try to be kind and respectful towards one another in the meantime.

• Like 3

Squawk isn’t a democracy or a publicly traded company. You have no vote. You aren’t required to pay anything and participation is completely voluntary. You don’t own any content you provide to the site, either. 
The site owner and the people they leave to manage the site have complete autonomy to do with it whatever they wish. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

I came on due to a complaint from a board member about this thread and the general tone of things over the last couple days.  I’ve got sick people in my house and haven’t been on much this weekend and I’m not stepping into what looks to be a situation rife for drama.  However, when I come back on (1) I will provide context for the issues brought up in this thread (racist comments on one thread and attacks on the insider thread) and (2) will let people have their say on this issue and try to think about the best spot for that in light of the complaint about this being on Homecourt.

Please everyone try to be kind and respectful towards one another in the meantime.

I think (am hoping) its mostly tongue in cheek.  Good strategy to allow some cooling off. I think its just pushing the envelope kind of a thing.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I don't want the owners sitting around saying

I just don't see the cops pulling people over without someone having ran a stop sign.

Sammy... help me out here...........................

Just now, bird_dirt said:

Squawk isn’t a democracy or a publicly traded company. You have no vote. You aren’t required to pay anything and participation is completely voluntary. You don’t own any content you provide to the site, either. 
The site owner and the people they leave to manage the site have complete autonomy to do with it whatever they wish. 

But @kg01 told me I had a quota????  Rethinking all my life choices.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member

There are about 40 people that post in here. We are all fans of the Hawks, a franchise we all love but when you tell people you are a Hawks fan they usually ask why. 

Everyone has emotions and is titled to their opinion, but we are all here because we love that team. We are a small and unique bunch and with our season over, there is going to be less to talk about. If something is making you mad or unhappy, I always say just walk away and come back when you are ready. Same to those folks causing problems. Just my random .02. This is a great community and everyone makes it that way in their own unique way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Just saw that lethal locked the first one of these and I'm not fully up to speed on what brought us here.  I am going to lock this until tomorrow when I come back for that reason.

Spud - Telling you directly to just pull your thoughts together and be ready to add them tomorrow on the assumption that this will be unlocked in some form.  Repeating a thread that a mod has already locked is not going to fly.  Hopefully we can all take some time to focus on the reason for today's holiday and spend some time with the people we love.  

• Like 3

• AHF locked this topic