• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Team USA 2023 FIBA World Cup (Trae Watch)

RedDawg#8

Here we go again. The roster is taking shape with 8 out of 12 commitments already.

Bigs: Jaren Jackson Jr, Bobby Portis

Forwards: Brandon Ingram, Mikal Bridges

Wings: Anthony Edwards, Austin Reaves

Guard: Tyrese Haliburton, Jalen Brunson

Trae mentioned on his podcast that he was hoping to be on the team this year. Let’s see if Grant Hill can convince them to show Trae some love finally. I can see them selecting only one more PG type, but definitely needing more pure shooting and possibly size upfront.

Having both Haliburton and Jalen really overlap with Trae’s strengths. Obviously defense is what they will ding him for if it comes down to it.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/austin-reaves-anthony-edwards-among-players-to-have-committed-to-team-usa-for-fiba-world-cup-per-report/amp/

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

I can see this. Trae sees it as the “B” team but he isn’t a “B” team talent.

I wish he would just participate and show out so that they can see he is serious about this commitment.

Nothing wrong with being the best player on the best team in the world. Get a gold medal and add it to your resume, then they have to take you seriously for the Olympics roster.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

USA Basketball officials have reached out to Fred VanVleet

i_c5_cf_49_fred-vanvleet.png?w=190

Of the eight players who have committed to play this summer, such as rising stars Jaren Jackson Jr., Anthony Edwards, Jalen Brunson and Tyrese Halliburton — none have played in a World Cup or Olympics. In recent days, Team USA officials have reached out to former All-Star and past NBA champ Fred VanVleet to gauge his interest, a league source said. VanVleet, a free agent to be, also has not played in a World Cup or Olympics.

It is seeming less and less likely that Trae will be on the team? ....plus this:

• Moderators
16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

USA Basketball officials have reached out to Fred VanVleet

i_c5_cf_49_fred-vanvleet.png?w=190

Of the eight players who have committed to play this summer, such as rising stars Jaren Jackson Jr., Anthony Edwards, Jalen Brunson and Tyrese Halliburton — none have played in a World Cup or Olympics. In recent days, Team USA officials have reached out to former All-Star and past NBA champ Fred VanVleet to gauge his interest, a league source said. VanVleet, a free agent to be, also has not played in a World Cup or Olympics.

It is seeming less and less likely that Trae will be on the team? ....plus this:

Seems appropriate.  I don't think Grant Hill has really been part of the Hawks in any meaningful way for years now.  What a disappointment as far as someone I expected to promote the team or at least show some engagement with the team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Seems appropriate.  I don't think Grant Hill has really been part of the Hawks in any meaningful way for years now.  What a disappointment as far as someone I expected to promote the team or at least show some engagement with the team.

yea Grant Hill can go F himself.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Yep, he only 'supports' the Hawks when it's convenient for him.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I recall he was front 'n center during the ecf run.  Guess he was just init for the attention grab. 

Yep, so lame.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ngl, after seeing how this roster is shaping up, glad our guys not involved.

And plus I just wanted to use 'ngl' in a sentence. 

roster looks pretty good to me.   What's wrong with it?

3 minutes ago, shakes said:

roster looks pretty good to me.   What's wrong with it?

It's all relative.  The roster is fine but when history looks back and inevitably compares it to USAB rosters of the past, the resumes are kinda lacking.

If you're Trae, you'd rather be involved with the Olympic roster, no?

I'll say again, not you and me.  If you're Trae, do you wanna be seen as a 2nd tier guy w.r.t. usab?  Cause I think it's unlikely these guys will be involved past this current roster.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

It's all relative.  The roster is fine but when history looks back and inevitably compares it to USAB rosters of the past, the resumes are kinda lacking.

If you're Trae, you'd rather be involved with the Olympic roster, no?

I'll say again, not you and me.  If you're Trae, do you wanna be seen as a 2nd tier guy w.r.t. usab?  Cause I think it's unlikely these guys will be involved past this current roster.

I'm good with Trae bypassing. 

• Like 1

Quin is pretty well-connected to Team USA administrators through Pop: probably had a three-way call with Kerr.  We gonna bash and trash him if Trae is bypassed without a public vote of support?

Edited by benhillboy

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Quin is pretty well-connected to Team USA administrators through Pop: probably had a three-way call with Kerr.  We gonna bash and trash him if Trae is bypassed without a public vote of support?

Personally?  No.  I'm just gonna bash you.

57 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I wanna see AJ compete internationally at some point in the near future.  When his handle improves enough to be a secondary initiator he’s gonna fit the FIBA game quite nicely.

Was thinking the exact same. 

• Haha 1