• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Team USA 2023 FIBA World Cup (Trae Watch)

RedDawg#8

50 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I’m a Josh Hart guy but his game certainly doesn’t scream “international play” to me.  Last we seen him in the playoffs he stunk it up good fashion.

I see several of them probably struggling with it.  JJJ being chief among them.  He won't stay on the floor (fouls). 

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I’m a Josh Hart guy but his game certainly doesn’t scream “international play” to me.  Last we seen him in the playoffs he stunk it up good fashion.

I think it does. He was an elite college player. Those guys do well in FIBA play

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The US been winning unless you are talking about the HS Seniors like the U19

The United States men's national basketball team competed in the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup and finished in seventh place. After winning the past two World Cups in 2010 and 2014, they were seeking to become the first country to capture three straight gold mchampion.

The official 2019 USA World Cup Team includes 2016 Olympic gold medalist Harrison Barnes (Sacramento Kings); Jaylen Brown (Boston Celtics); Joe Harris (Brooklyn Nets); Brook Lopez (Milwaukee Bucks); Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks); Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz); 2014 World Cup gold medalist Mason Plumlee (Denver Nuggets), Marcus Smart (Boston Celtics); Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics); Myles Turner (Indiana Pacers); Kemba Walker (Boston Celtics); and Derrick White (San Antonio Spurs).

@RedDawg#8 FIBA has never been about the best players. It's about players that fit the style of international play. Trae style most definitely does not fit FIBA style.

He cannot get on the line like he does in the nba

He cannot shoot the three. They play zone and the ball is different. 

He cannot play defense. In FIBA there is constant movement offensively and Trae has to fight screens galore. 

FIBA won't let dribble dribble dribble your way to alley hoops 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

@MarylandHawk Trae is pretty much Iverson 2.0 bro. We have already seen Iverson play international ball and it was ugly. We just need Trae to stay here and focus on Hawks 

It is a shame that people continue to underestimate this dude. Trae deserves an opportunity to represent his country. 

• Like 3

I’m just glad Atlanta is a terribly tepid media market.  If by some miracle Leon Rose were selected to build the roster and didn’t peg Brunson it would be Armageddon up there.  Trae unfollowing Grant’s social media is all the fallout the Hawks have to worry about.  Which for a millennial is the equivalent of being torn between beef or chicken at Chipotle.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 1

On 7/2/2023 at 8:56 PM, StonedDogs said:

@MarylandHawk Trae is pretty much Iverson 2.0 bro. We have already seen Iverson play international ball and it was ugly. We just need Trae to stay here and focus on Hawks 

With all due respect, Iverson was nowhere near the playmaker Trae is.  Not even close. 

Anyone who thinks that all Trae will try to do is score, hasn't been watching Trae much.  And it's sad. Because this fan base KNOWS what he can do from a passing standpoint.  He's arguably the best passing PG in the league.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2023 at 8:03 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

The United States men's national basketball team competed in the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup and finished in seventh place. After winning the past two World Cups in 2010 and 2014, they were seeking to become the first country to capture three straight gold mchampion.

The official 2019 USA World Cup Team includes 2016 Olympic gold medalist Harrison Barnes (Sacramento Kings); Jaylen Brown (Boston Celtics); Joe Harris (Brooklyn Nets); Brook Lopez (Milwaukee Bucks); Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks); Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz); 2014 World Cup gold medalist Mason Plumlee (Denver Nuggets), Marcus Smart (Boston Celtics); Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics); Myles Turner (Indiana Pacers); Kemba Walker (Boston Celtics); and Derrick White (San Antonio Spurs).

Lost to France in the Quarterfinals

France starters:  Ntilikina - Batum - Fornier - M'Baye - Gobert  . . . Nano de Colo ( 6th man )

On 7/2/2023 at 8:51 PM, StonedDogs said:

@RedDawg#8 FIBA has never been about the best players. It's about players that fit the style of international play. Trae style most definitely does not fit FIBA style.

He cannot play defense. In FIBA there is constant movement offensively and Trae has to fight screens galore. 

Donovan Mitchell vs France in 2019.  USA lost, but Mitchell pretty much got anything he wanted.

• Moderators
On 7/2/2023 at 9:56 PM, StonedDogs said:

This is such a bad take.  Trae is a drastically more efficient scorer and comparing their passing is like comparing Magic Johnson and Derek Harper’s playmaking.

Iverson is only used as a comparable for Trae by the most shallow and lazy members of the media.  The ones who don’t even bother to look beyond “small man score lots of points.”

Trae’s disasterous 2022-23 shooting:  .573% ts%

Iverson’s career:  .518% ts%

Terrible comparison.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 7/2/2023 at 5:57 PM, NBASupes said:

Those are clear role players but the others are the stars of the future. 

Those clear role players are 1/3 of the roster.  The Dream Team and their progeny didn’t fill 1/3 of the roster with role players.  This has been a deliberate shift over time.   

Also, someone like Halliburton is one year younger than Trae.  Can you imagine if Trae finished last year without making the playoffs once what kind of **** he would get?  Hali has gotten a bit of a free pass in comparison.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

With all due respect, Iverson was nowhere near the playmaker Trae is.  Not even close. 

Anyone who thinks that all Trae will try to do is score, hasn't been watching Trae much.  And it's sad. Because this fan base KNOWS what he can do from a passing standpoint.  He's arguably the best passing PG in the league.

Difference in Hawks’ assist % when Trae is on court as opposed to off:

‘19: +1.4%

‘20: +0.1%

‘21: +1.2%

‘22: -4.1% 

‘23: +1.1

On average that’s about a 1% drop when he’s off.  Is that significant to you?

Trae was also 20th in secondary assists among qualifiers.

You know your way around a BB Ref page.  Haliburton is a below average defender and horrible rebounder who rarely gets to the line so there’s very little inflation to his metrics.  If Trae’s passing were on par with his he would’ve had a season where his offensive rating was above 120 by now and a near .200 WS/48.  You and I both know Trae will never sniff the mid 120s like Paul or Stockton did for a chunk of their careers (Haliburton 129 last season) nor approach .200 as they both were over for their entire lengthy careers (Haliburton .195 last season)

We’re both betting men, damn an avatar.  I got $100 that says Trae will have a sub .140 WS/48 and sub 115 offensive rating when game #41 is in the books.  Internet shake on it?  I’ll take cash app but I prefer zelle homie.

Edited by benhillboy

On 7/2/2023 at 8:51 PM, StonedDogs said:

Laughable.

Patty Mills dominated on the international stage at times, but Trae's style doesn't?

There's nothing in this clip that Patty is doing, that Trae can't do at a higher level.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Difference in Hawks’ assist % when Trae is on court as opposed to off:

‘19: +1.4%

‘20: +0.1%

‘21: +1.2%

‘22: -4.1% 

‘23: +1.1

On average that’s about a 1% drop when he’s off.  Is that significant to you?

Trae was also 20th in secondary assists among qualifiers.

You know your way around a BB Ref page.  Haliburton is a below average defender and horrible rebounder who rarely gets to the line so there’s very little inflation to his metrics.  If Trae’s passing were on par with his he would’ve had a season where his offensive rating was above 120 by now and a near .200 WS/48.  You and I both know Trae will never sniff the mid 120s like Paul or Stockton did for a chunk of their careers (Haliburton 129 last season) nor approach .200 as they both were over for their entire lengthy careers (Haliburton .195 last season)

We’re both betting men, damn an avatar.  I got $100 that says Trae will have a sub .140 WS/48 and sub 115 offensive rating when game #41 is in the books.  Internet shake on it?  I’ll take cash app but I prefer zelle homie.

LOL . . . Paul and Stockton played with All-Star/Hall of Fame big men who were great finishers.  Trae is playing with Clint Capela, who is totally reliant on Trae or grabbing his own misses to score the ball.  But it is what it is.  You roll with the team you're dealt with.

Haliburton was very good last year before the injury.  He's one of the best shooting PGs in recent memory that is also a high level facilitator.

But why stop at game #41 when evaluating Trae?  We know that traditionally Trae is a slow starter, and picks it up big time as the season progresses.  He's potentially going to be in a new system and may need a month to adjust, before he becomes locked in as always.

So let's do it for the entire year, and raise it to $200.

$200 BET that says Trae will be Sub .140 WS/48 and sub 115 offensive rating after Game 82 is done.

You say he will be UNDER . . . I say he'll be OVER

He has to have BOTH be under or OVER to win the bet.  If one is OVER and the other is UNDER, it's a push

Deal?

If so @AHF , ring it up.

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . . Paul and Stockton played with All-Star/Hall of Fame big men who were great finishers.  Trae is playing with Clint Capela, who is totally reliant on Trae or grabbing his own misses to score the ball.  But it is what it is.  You roll with the team you're dealt with.

Haliburton was very good last year before the injury.  He's one of the best shooting PGs in recent memory that is also a high level facilitator.

But why stop at game #41 when evaluating Trae?  We know that traditionally Trae is a slow starter, and picks it up big time as the season progresses.  He's potentially going to be in a new system and may need a month to adjust, before he becomes locked in as always.

So let's do it for the entire year, and raise it to $200.

$200 BET that says Trae will be Sub .140 WS/48 and sub 115 offensive rating after Game 82 is done.

You say he will be UNDER . . . I say he'll be OVER

He has to have BOTH be under or OVER to win the bet.  If one is OVER and the other is UNDER, it's a push

Deal?

If so @AHF , ring it up.

There he goes again, blaming others for Trae's failures

Ain't it funny how CP3 and Harden had Capela as their finisher and they never had those issues...

Edited by NBASupes

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

There he goes again, blaming others for Trae's failures

Ain't it funny how CP3 and Harden had Capela as their finisher and they never had those issues...

What are you talking about? 

CP3 AND Harden teamed up one year, with Capela, to reach the Conference Finals.

You know NBA basketball Supes.  You're better than this.

It's crazy how some of you hold Trae to this insane level of winning, when you know good and well that he's played with very few high level players.  Everyone else gets to play with All-Stars and Hall of Famers.  But Trae has to reach that level playing alongside non All-Stars and kids who are still developing.

In the past 40+ years of the game, your high level teams have always had multiple All-Stars or multiple guys who play at All-Star/All-NBA level. 

The only players who really did it by themselves as a guy who didn't have current All-Stars around him, was Dirk and Iverson.  And even Dirk had high quality vets like Jason Terry and former all-stars like Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion around him. 

Iverson, in the year they reached the Finals, had DPOY Dikembe and 6th man of the year Aaron Mckie, along with a Hall of Fame coach in Larry Brown.

But Trae?  He has to get it done with Nate instructing the team to take midrange jumpers, and non All-Star teammates like Capela, Bogi, and freakin De'Andre Hunter?

It's hilarious.  But keep doing what you do.  And I'll keep supporting my superstar until he finally gets adquate help, or he says "F--- this" and requests a trade in a few years.

• Like 1