• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Team USA 2023 FIBA World Cup (Trae Watch)

RedDawg#8

• Premium Member
On 8/5/2023 at 1:38 PM, givemesome1ce1 said:

You know who could run a half-court offense??? 🤔 These coaches need to get their heads out their butts and stop being so mad that their buddy Nate got fired for being trash. Trae would’ve made this USA team so much better. Instead, the USA team is being beat consistently because their guards can’t do anything. What a joke. Maybe they don’t want the players to play with Trae because that means they would want to come on the Hawks??? Who knows? All I know is that the Team USA coaches clearly don’t want to win. 

Trae would definitely help this team, but I also expect better from Brunson after the season he had with the Knicks. In the clips I've seen, he's not really doing much.

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

Trae would definitely help this team, but I also expect better from Brunson after the season he had with the Knicks. In the clips I've seen, he's not really doing much.

There's a reason for this, my guy.  It's 'cause he's good but not elite.  No clue why he gets a pass for being a small guard that doesn't play much D.  But, as you continue to watch, see if you can figure out what position he plays.  Spoiler alert, he's not a point.

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Gilbert Arenas on World Cup's Team USA roster: A sorry-a** group

i_c7_d4_36_gilbert-arenas.png?w=190
Retired NBA All-Star Gilbert Arenas didn’t mince any words when talking about the roster of Team USA for the 2023 FIBA World Cup. “You see that list he [Steve Kerr] got? A sorry-ass group,” Arenas, a three-time NBA All-Star guard, said “Listen: I’m happy for the people who make it. It’s cool. It’s cool for some of the guys who got there that I don’t know. Some of them probably don’t even start on their team.”

via EuroHoops.net

“Because it’s embarrassing sometimes when you have star players who are really stars that do want to participate,” Arenas added. Before his comments on Team USA, Trae Young, who was the guest on the show, had mentioned how he wants to play in the 2024 Olympic Games. “And you just automatically say ‘He’s not going to fit our style.’ How the F do you know that he’s not going to fit your style if you don’t give him a chance? There’s a reason there’s a trial. Invite us all and let us show you that we can adapt.”

via EuroHoops.net

Everyone forgets but even with the dream team you heard some rumblings of they won't get along/there's only one ball etc.  Talent wins games.   "not fit our style" is so friggin insulting.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, shakes said:

Is this the thread where we collectively scream:

F YOU GRANT HILL YOU POS!!!!

I'll just say he is a POSer.  There is nothing "Hawks" about him at all.  

• Like 3

Seriously, the more I read on the Porzingo situation, the dicier it sounds.  I'm picturing some Latvian guy straight lying saying he's not hurt.  Meanwhile, poor Kristaps is out back tryna sew his foot back on.  Smh, I hope he's really not hurt but this all sounds sketchy.  

• Haha 2