• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Team USA 2023 FIBA World Cup (Trae Watch)

RedDawg#8

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Might as well drop this right here.

Bruno vs KAT at 4 am this morning ( eastern time ), for a possible spot in the Round of 16.

Dominicans favored by 11.5 over the Angolans.

If Angola wins, they probably still don't get in, due to point differential . . . unless they blow DR out.  It'll be a 3-way tie in their group between Angola, Italy, and the Dominican Republic.

Take it to him Bruno.  Be a legend.

At one point in this game, Angola went big and they were playing Bruno at the 3.

This dude even made a step back corner 3 . . . and looked fluid doing it.

Way to put in work big fella.  Be ready once we trade Capela.

I thought the same as Noah growing up..

Why do they call it world 🌍 champs? It’s in the U.S. it’s misleading…

Why is KD emo 🖤 ing like somebody told the truth. 🤣 

Good god I’m going to a Suns game next year and making him cry. That dude is so weak it’s not even funny, he ain’t a man he’s a boy.

The world thing at least made some sense when the US had the best players. There would be like 50 Americans and a spectacular Euro..

Those days are gone, it’s 50/50 at best but overall the international team’s best 5 would be the Americans.

Jokic

Giannis

To name a couple… 

Noah was right and the NBA players got defensive about it as it weak Drake and his yesterday hits.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Good god I’m going to a Suns game next year and making him cry. That dude is so weak it’s not even funny, he ain’t a man he’s a boy.

The world thing at least made some sense when the US had the best players. There would be like 50 Americans and a spectacular Euro..

Those days are gone, it’s 50/50 at best but overall the international team’s best 5 would be the Americans.

Jokic

Giannis

To name a couple… 

Noah was right and the NBA players got defensive about it as it weak Drake and his yesterday hits.

Totally disagree. 

The best in the world play in the NBA.  Period.  Everybody in the world knows it.  If they disagree, tell them bring their gleague-level-a** teams over here, play an 82-game schedule, and see how they fare.

There are certainly NBA-caliber guys playing abroad.  But there are no NBA-title level teams or leagues.

You'll see it once our Antartica squad goes out there and makes the HOF based on our league stats.  But get doors blowed off in the Olympics.  Btw, do you or I get to carry the flag at the opening ceremony?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Btw, do you or I get to carry the flag at the opening ceremony?  

Sure but before that we have a special mission for you in Russia 🇷🇺. Go pick uhhhh something up.. @warcore packed your bags 💼 don’t worry and don’t check them your fine! 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Sure but before that we have a special mission for you in Russia 🇷🇺. Go pick uhhhh something up.. @warcore packed your bags 💼 don’t worry and don’t check them your fine! 

Mmkay.  Should I ignore this white powder he packed into these statues tho?  I'm sure that's just flour right? 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 8/28/2023 at 10:52 AM, shakes said:

not too many things more satisfying than seeing France get knocked out of a tournament early.    

Rudy is still Goberated! That would have been a horrible trade for the Hawks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Jokic

Giannis

To name a couple… 

These guys aren't the best players in the world cause they're international, they're the best players in the world because they developed in the NBA playing against the best competition they possibly could and rose to the top.

Them being international has nothing to do with how good they are, and I'm in the camp that it's silly to use man made borders and social constructs to determine "world champ".

If you're playing in a league full of exclusively the best players in the world, you're the world champs.

Nuggets shouldn't have to go on a world tour of beating trash Aussie/Eu/Asian teams to prove they're the worlds best.

At the end of the day, it's all people being pedantic about semantics - we know which team would win a tournament with the best teams in the world because we see it every season.

There are 0 teams outside the NBA that could knock off and take another NBA teams spot.

If you have a 30 team competition with the best teams in the world, 30/30 of them are gonna be who we play in 2k lol.

Nuggets vs any other team in the world wins easily in a best of 7.

I do hope though that these NBA players egos getting makes them f around and start a world cup league, more hoops is always good.

And it's great seeing the US's B team smack every team they're playing, it's not even a convo lol.

• Thanks 1

The fact that the NBA has so many talented players from all over the world and the best players in the NBA are intentional born (Joker, Giannis, Embiid) actually HELPS the case that the NBA champ can be considered as the world champs. It’s an international collection of the most talented players from all over the world. The fact that the games are based in North America do not change this. 

Just like the MLB has the “World Series”. Baseball started as Americas past time, but the majority of players in the MLB now are international. Acuna and Ohtanei are arguably the best 2 players in professional baseball. The MLB champions are thee world champs.

The best players in the FIBA basketball world cup all play in the NBA. The best players in the NBA don’t all play for FIBA or the Olympics. The majority of the best players in the world would rather skip international competition so that they are ready to compete in the NBA season. The NBA is the premium competition for the sport of basketball, hands down. An NBA Finals ring is more prestigious than a gold medal. Let that sink in.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The fact that the NBA has so many talented players from all over the world and the best players in the NBA are intentional born (Joker, Giannis, Embiid) actually HELPS the case that the NBA champ can be considered as the world champs. It’s an international collection of the most talented players from all over the world. The fact that the games are based in North America do not change this. 

Just like the MLB has the “World Series”. Baseball started as Americas past time, but the majority of players in the MLB now are international. Acuna and Ohtanei are arguably the best 2 players in professional baseball. The MLB champions are thee world champs.

The best players in the FIBA basketball world cup all play in the NBA. The best players in the NBA don’t all play for FIBA or the Olympics. The majority of the best players in the world would rather skip international competition so that they are ready to compete in the NBA season. The NBA is the premium competition for the sport of basketball, hands down. An NBA Finals ring is more prestigious than a gold medal. Let that sink in.

doesn't matter.  The NBA champs are NOT the world champs.  Don't care how you try and spin it.

Also the MLB champs are NOT the world champs.

If NBA wants to call their champs "world" they need to create some sort of basketball Champions League or tournament for all the best club teams in the world.  Win that and you can call yourself world champs.

USA = only country in the world where they try this BS

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, shakes said:

doesn't matter.  The NBA champs are NOT the world champs.  Don't care how you try and spin it.

Also the MLB champs are NOT the world champs.

If NBA wants to call their champs "world" they need to create some sort of basketball Champions League or tournament for all the best club teams in the world.  Win that and you can call yourself world champs.

USA = only country in the world where they try this BS

The only reason you would do that in basketball is if you want to enjoy some Dream Team level dominance from the NBA.  It just isn't like soccer where you have multiple elite leagues.

Baseball would at least be more competitive.

There just isn't much incentive to do these tournaments where the US club team would be expected to dominate in a way you don't have with soccer.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, AHF said:

The only reason you would do that in basketball is if you want to enjoy some Dream Team level dominance from the NBA.  It just isn't like soccer where you have multiple elite leagues.

Baseball would at least be more competitive.

There just isn't much incentive to do these tournaments where the US club team would be expected to dominate in a way you don't have with soccer.

that doesn't change the overall point though.      

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, shakes said:

that doesn't change the overall point though.      

I get the point you are making, but it seems more a matter of semantics to me.  The NBA champs aren't technically the world champs correct.  But it is a foregone conclusion that they are better than any other club team anywhere in the world and so from a practical perspective there is no difference.

(This isn't helped by the fact that basketball has different rules in different regions as well.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, AHF said:

I get the point you are making, but it seems more a matter of semantics to me.  The NBA champs aren't technically the world champs correct.  But it is a foregone conclusion that they are better than any other club team anywhere in the world and so from a practical perspective there is no difference.

(This isn't helped by the fact that basketball has different rules in different regions as well.)

I'm with shakes on this one.  And to your point, who will make the call when it's no longer the case that the US is the best?  We won't automatically know when that happens. 

In soccer the winner of the UEFA Champions League could reasonably claim to be the best team in the world but they don't.  

27 minutes ago, AHF said:

Anyone that disagrees is just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Lookin at you, @shakes

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

In soccer the winner of the UEFA Champions League could reasonably claim to be the best team in the world but they don't.  

If they was 'Merican, they would!